Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

Just now, Nami said:

We're watching this show crash and burn at this point.

Arguably it did that a couple seasons ago and now we're just torturing ourselves. I'm glad at least HBO has other good shows and movies I can watch, so the money isn't entirely wasted.

1 minute ago, dornishpen said:

Arguably it did that a couple seasons ago and now we're just torturing ourselves. I'm glad at least HBO has other good shows and movies I can watch, so the money isn't entirely wasted.

True. I guess it's turning into ashes now.

Oh I almost forgot we now have 4 of the major castles in Westeros unmanned, SE, CR, HG and DS.

Why is Sandra wearing black did she join the watch?

Dany is going mad because the plot demands it, they could try to make it subtle. but I guess nuance is for eight graders and their themes

1 minute ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Not quite over. You still have all the spinoffs that they’ll fuck up.

But David and Dan will be destroying SW and will not be involved in any of those, and that’s good enough for me. For now anyways, 

1 minute ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Not quite over. You still have all the spinoffs that they’ll fuck up.

The spinoff about the Long Night which GRRM can't call The Long Night better not be considered book cannon. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Didn’t her ships have dragon sails? Boy, they’re really quick, those sail makers (not a naval person) in White Harbour. 

Not just sails, but intricately carved dragon figureheads on each ship. 

Speed of plot and all :dunno:

12 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Easy. She’s jealous and has a hard-on for Jon obviously. 

Well...Sansa is a girl so she doesn't have anything that really gets hard. So instead of saying "she has a hard-on for Jon," why not just say "she feels a bit moist for Jon." B)

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Didn’t her ships have dragon sails? Boy, they’re really quick, those sail makers (not a naval person) in White Harbour. 

LOL

This is so tragic.

Here I was thinking that they simply left the ships that they sailed up to White Harbor in at White Harbor and marched up to Winterfell. But lo and behold, because the writing is woefully unclear, a bunch of people are thinking that Lord Manderly (who has barely been onscreen) made them brand new ships.

7 minutes ago, Oursisthechicken said:

Fuck you D&D!!! 

"Im longer Gendry Rivers" this line is the biggest fuck you to the fans they've ever written, an error so simple it could´ve been solved in post production by having the actor dub the line, but they dont fucking care. This show has no heart, there is no passion in its making its a shitshow for people who watch it while glued to their phones to hashtag shit on social media.

Jon doesnt even pet ghost goodbye, just fuck off with tormund, you are good boy ghost you deserve so much better.

Sam: "hey Jon remember when you were LC and sent me to the Citadel to be maester and help the Watch? Yeah I instaed forsaken my vows fucked this girl and I'm gonna be a daddy"

Bronn waltz into WF says we wants Highgarden, Jaime almost gets an arrow to the head for bringing logic into this show. nope some idiot sellsword will get a kingdom.

Arya does not expect to come back, why? Is Cercei really scarier than the NK?

Davos still not a Lord.

More time was devoted to build the pyres than to prepare defenses.

More open sea sneak attacks...( Ships Ned, in an open field, hiding behind a rock). You have aerial scouting and you miss an entire fleet? How did Euron the right time to take position Dany could've stayed a lot more time in the North, would he hid behind that rock for 3 months if need be? Do westeros have the best shipwrights in the entire world Dany's fleet has been destroyed 3 times during Cercei pregnancy yet more boats seem to pop out whenever the plot requires. Battle tactics do not exist in this show why bother showing battle planning scenes.

What did Dany do to Sandra? She really hates her with a burning passion with no apparent reason.

Well guess Jaime is still Cercei's bitch.

Pause.

Gendry wasn't born in the Riverlands. He was born in King's Landing. So, shouldn't Gendry be a Waters?

Yet another plot hole.

Yes, these open sea, open air sneak attacks are weird. The first time back in season 7 was okay, it didn't bother me at all. It actually made sense. This one? This one was weird...

4 minutes ago, dornishpen said:

Seasons five and six had very redeemable qualities.

5 minutes ago, Oursisthechicken said:

Fuck you D&D!!! 

"Im longer Gendry Rivers" this line is the biggest fuck you to the fans they've ever written, an error so simple it could´ve been solved in post production by having the actor dub the line, but they dont fucking care. This show has no heart, there is no passion in its making its a shitshow for people who watch it while glued to their phones to hashtag shit on social media.

That was so WTF. They never bothered to show he had any ties to the Riverlands, and that is because he doesn't have any. If anything he should be Waters, but if they really cared and followed what they established in season 1, he would be nothing cause Robert never acknowledged him. That's a nitpick when the episode had far more serious problems, but it just shows how they don't care AT. ALL.

If this show was the movie Jaws, it would build up the tension of the shark, kill him about 2/3rds of the way through and then spend the rest of the movie fighting the corruption of the hamlet's corrupt tourism board.

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Seasons five and six had very redeemable qualities.

No, they didn’t. IMO. They were horrible, dumb, stupid, nonsensical. 

7 minutes ago, dornishpen said:

Season 5, every form of coherence or effort died at the end of season 4.

2 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

If this show was the movie Jaws, it would build up the tension of the shark, kill him about 2/3rds of the way through and spend the rest of the movie fighting the corruption of the hamlet's corrupt tourism board.

:lol:

The Prom in Carrie, happening 30min into the film. 

5 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Well...Sansa is a girl so she doesn't have anything that really gets hard. So instead of saying "she has a hard-on for Jon," why not just say "she feels a bit moist for Jon." B)

LOL

This is so tragic.

Here I was thinking that they simply left the ships that they sailed up to White Harbor in at White Harbor and marched up to Winterfell. But lo and behold, because the writing is woefully unclear, a bunch of people are thinking that Lord Manderly (who has barely been onscreen) made them brand new ships.

Pause.

Gendry wasn't born in the Riverlands. He was born in King's Landing. So, shouldn't Gendry be a Waters?

Yet another plot hole.

Yes, these open sea, open air sneak attacks are weird. The first time back in season 7 was okay, it didn't bother me at all. It actually made sense. This one? This one was weird...

I’d disagree with you there. If you’ve ever been with a woman you’d know otherwise.

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

Season 5, every form of coherence or effort died at the end of season 4.

Agree completely. It’s all been downhill from there, all the way to the 9th Circle of Hell. 

Archived