Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

7 hours ago, UnViserion said:

They really shit on Bronn’s character. Nobody really thought he’d kill Tyrion and Jaime. But wtf was that? Strolls in loaded, smacks Tyrion in the face, gets what he wants, than bitches out and says he’ll find them when it’s all over to collect his reward? Possibly the most laughable part was when he claimed he could beat Jaime in his prime. Wtf?? :lol: 

LOL  I took all that with Bronn to mean...........there are not enough scenes separate from KL and that Lena Clause is still in full force.  JEEZ  We need that story, cause the show's story sucks. 

7 hours ago, Corvinus said:
  • And the ruination of Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister is now complete.
  • Fuck you, Jon Snow, for not giving two shits about Ghost. All bleeding, ear torn off, the pup you saved, you held in your arms. Fuck you, I hope you die. Oh, you have a dragon now! Ha, not anymore, you wanker.
  • Hey Jon, hey Jon, when Sam told you why Ned did what he did, to protect you, were you paying attention? Because you’re so dead set on putting targets on your loved ones’ backs with your sense of what? Honor? Duty?
  • I guess a new tradition has started in the North, burning your dead. Psychologically, it makes sense given the crypts. (And creatively, of course) But you know, I can't help to think that if you had so much wood for burning all those dead, maybe you could have used said wood to better prepare your defenses? Maybe fewer dead, then? And what happened to the trench?
  • Hey who rules Storm’s End? Anyone? No one knows? Varys? Bueller? Bueller? No, you don’t know, the great spymaster and you don’t know. But you know there’s a new Prince of Dorne! Halleluiah, there are still people in other parts of Westeros. Who is it? Varys? We aren’t going to speak of this again, are we?
  • The inn scene with Bronn felt like a Tarantino movie, except these characters have layers and layers of plot armor on them.
  • How the fuck does Dany still have an army? Apparently, half of each individual force survived. Even the Dothraki? Hooooow? :bang: Also, the entire castle got overrun, but funnily enough that room with the battle map was left undisturbed, to allow for a little dramatic visual moment.
  • Also, funny how the intro showed a completely fucked up great hall in Winterfell, but then the episode gave us a nice little feast in said hall.
  • When a spymaster with vast experience in eavesdropping starts talking shouting treason, you know he’s just given up on wanting to live.
  • So, in the books Meraxes was killed by a lucky scorpion bolt that pierced its eye. In the show, such a bolt is pretty much the equivalent of a magical ice spear, and Cersei has loads of them. Logically, Dany’s side is fucked – one dragon, that can be easily taken down, a depleted and exhausted army, a commander who everyone says how great he is, but in reality is a moron, a Hand who is completely out of ideas and is quickly becoming an alcoholic, and a spymaster who has turned against her.
  • Why is Cersei even willing to have that parley? She should have killed Tyrion, there and then. But plot armor repels a thousand arrows.
  • I wonder how the writers will contrive to have Cersei lose. It’s rhetorical, because the baddest motherfucking team up in history, stars of one of the secret 5 spinoff shows, no doubt, is coming to take care of some unfinished buzzinuss. Arya and The Hound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They ride, they grunt, they don’t say very much, and they will kill every chicken, ice demon, and loud-mouthed turd they can find.
  • If Helm’s Deep served as an inspiration for the Long Night battle, did the meeting at the Black Gate with the Mouth of Sauron serve as inspiration for that ridiculous parley? It sure felt that way.
  • And seriously, with Euron pretty much controlling the waters, how did they even get at the gates of KL? Did they manufacture copies of Littlefinger’s jetpack?
  • Dragonstone, the eternally abandoned fortress; it’s like the Ghost of castles. Why even go there? What fucking strategic purpose could it have served at this point? Hey Dany, did you not spot Euron’s fleet? Big ships with black sails, and great golden krakens on them. No? Were you still thinking about Sansa’s dirty looks, and Jon being a fuckhead?
  • Turns out Jaime wouldn’t have stood a chance against Bronn even in his prime, because creatively it makes sense to say dumb shit like that. I really don’t have much else to say about him. I’m sure he’ll still end up killing Cersei (unless Arya, of course), and all this was more pointless drama.
  • At what point will Cersei actually start looking pregnant?

This is perfection, this post.  I've bolded my fav part, but I love them all. 

From a production standpoint, it bugged me how terrible the last scene looked. You could tell that it was largely green screen (you could even see it reflected in Tyrion's hair); it looked like something from season 3 or 4 from the show. Maybe it was the time of day, the gray sand and boring castle architecture. It was simply ugly, and the final nail in the coffin in confirming that Emilia Clarke can't act. 

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I took all that with Bronn to mean...........there are not enough scenes separate from KL and that Lena Clause is still in full force.  JEEZ  We need that story, cause the show's story sucks. 

Apologies for what I'm fairly certain is super-redundant....

Would you mind explaining the "Lena Clause" if you have a moment?  Thanks in advance...

1 minute ago, Elayis said:

From a production standpoint, it bugged me how terrible the last scene looked. You could tell that it was largely green screen (you could even see it reflected in Tyrion's hair); it looked like something from season 3 or 4 from the show. Maybe it was the time of day, the gray sand and boring castle architecture. It was simply ugly, and the final nail in the coffin in confirming that Emilia Clarke can't act. 

What? This is her best acting since season 1.

1 minute ago, dannyk65 said:

Apologies for what I'm fairly certain is super-redundant....

Would you mind explaining the "Lena Clause" if you have a moment?  Thanks in advance...

No problem.  Apparently, Lena (Cersei) and Jerome (Bronn) dated.  I'm not sure on the timing, but word is that it is Lena that refuses to be in a scene with him.  If you look back over the seasons, they never have.  I'm not sure on the why, I just have a hard time believing things could be that terrible that such is necessary.  In the real world, we do have to encounter our exes and stuff.  It annoys me, LOL 

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

No problem.  Apparently, Lena (Cersei) and Jerome (Bronn) dated.  I'm not sure on the timing, but word is that it is Lena that refuses to be in a scene with him.  If you look back over the seasons, they never have.  I'm not sure on the why, I just have a hard time believing things could be that terrible that such is necessary.  In the real world, we do have to encounter our exes and stuff.  It annoys me, LOL 

Oh yeah, I remember that from a couple years ago...thank you!

1 minute ago, Elayis said:

You're seriously telling me that this is good acting?

b614f920-1b38-4a1d-8001-efab83ea5b27-23_

Didn't say that; just said it was better than her previous performances since season 1.

2 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

Didn't say that; just said it was better than her previous performances since season 1.

Better, sure, but I think that's mostly due to the scripts actually asking her to act for once. I never said it wasn't an improvement, just nowhere near acceptable, let alone good.

I honestly feel she'd be well suited to comedies. She's immensely watchable during interviews and her funny backstage skit she did while filming season 8. Drama just doesn't seem to be suit her.

6 hours ago, Nami said:

Cersei is a fucking cunt, can't she just die already?

Reveal hidden contents

will we really have Tyrion seeking a passage for her to escape bullshit?

What do these advisors expect Dany to act? Vary's "I worry about her state of mind" is so out of the blue. The woman was grieving for possibily the only loyal friend she had (Jorah) after a terrifying battle, plus worried about the Jon thing, Sandra being a bitch, everyone in the north hating her etc. Now she has to deal with Euron killing her dragon, losing Missandei. Is she suppose to stay sipping tea at Dragonstone and wait eternally for Cersei to surrender? it is clear Cersei will NEVER surrender. And she IS right, the longer she waits, the more her enemies grow stronger. It is completely logical.

But then again, she could lay a siege on KL if she wasn't so fucking pissed already. However, the whole thing from the beginning was stupid. How come no one saw Euron's fleet???

6 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Romulan cloaking device.

LOLOL  This exchange is too good not to quote and bring forward.  I think we all need the laugh. 

11 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

How long did Sansa keep her 'word?'  It wasn;t even a full 24 hours, was it? 

I think maybe her fingers were crossed behind her back. She's very clever. 

5 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Still watching it, but link to Inside the Episode if anyone wants to watch. 

UGH UGH UGH UGH.

Sigh. So Dany did forget about the Iron Fleet. Okaaaay.

And we can stop trying to see anything in Jaime’s decision to go back to Cersei, he loves her and is addicted to her. What little development the show allowed the character to have over 7+ years can be chucked and forgotten. Yikes. 

They also confirm what I said up thread... Jon is worried about fucking his auntie, Dany is worried about fucking someone who has a better claim to the IT. 

There was something else that bothered me immensely but even though I’ve just finished watching it, I’ve already forgot. The Outside the Episodes is as forgettable as the show.

Archived