Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

6 hours ago, ShimShim said:

Excuse me, but what about the sexiest Black man in GoT Salladhor Saan. 

YUP, I would have loved to hear Sallador Saan say the word Dragonstone again.  Plus, you know, he has some ships, right?  And he might have said;  We need to do serious scouting of land and sea before we think of approaching DRAGONSTONE in any kind of manner. 

FUCK OFF Ds, JUST FUCK OFF!! 

Thanks for the reminder of Saan, though.  I loved how the actor played him.  One of the better deviations in character, IMO.  It's probably best we didn't see more of him.  The Ds would have ruined him, I am sure. 

2 hours ago, Snormund said:

•Gendry is in love with Arya now? Having sex once shouldn’t be enough to do the trick.

Gendry is Cameron Fry from Ferris Bueller's Day off.

"He's gonna marry the first girl he lays. And she's gonna treat him like shit because he's gonna kiss her ass for giving him what he's built-up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him because you can't respect someone who kisses your ass?"

So either the shots were aimed, in which case they were incredibly accurate begging the question why didn't they aim for the big black dragon everyone in the seven Kingdoms' knows she rides on, or

They were fired without aim in which case they were the luckiest shots ever made against a moving target.  

Either way you end up with stupid. 

Executing Missandei is the one thing you wouldn't do if you wanted to stop Dany from attacking or besieging KL. The logic of hostages. Beheading her is inviting Dany to do the above, why? So Blackbeard can shoot down Drogon? No, Dany knows the ol' trick with the Ballista by now and is either going to starve you out or attack at night or by stealth now there is no hostage.

And by the sounds of it, there is nowhere else for Carol and Blackbeard to go on land. The lords are starting to declare for Dany, and you cannot be seriously carting those Ballistas around everywhere. More importantly, the  reason team Dany weren't keen on burning down KL was because it was KL, the capital, the Iron Throne, symbol of power, legitimacy. Not sure that reticence applies to Casterly Rock. 

Carol was better off playing on that reluctance and hanging around in KL and trying to ambush Dany's armies with the GC. 

I dread what kind of moronic surprise Douchebag and Dingbat think they are going to hit us with to make us forget about all the other plot holes.

3 hours ago, Ser Drewy said:

But I always felt that episode is a bit overpraised :P and 'Watchers on the Wall' is the better battle episode (thought it still has its own issues, for example I dislike Neil Marshall's schlocky gore choices

Agree w/ everything, especially that the ep is totally over praised. But by then the show was already a steaming pile, so the spectacle of it, regardless of how nonsensical it was in universe, made people forget a lot of stuff. 

Also, no slow lumbering wights, the ones at HH were on crack. 

3 hours ago, 420faceless said:

I totally thought him saying goodbye to Sam, Tormund and Ghost was basically the cue he was in fact going to get murdered by one of Dany's people.

Nah, it’s how the show “handles” things. It means he’s going back north at some point. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

UGH UGH UGH UGH.

Sigh. So Dany did forget about the Iron Fleet. Okaaaay.

And we can stop trying to see anything in Jaime’s decision to go back to Cersei, he loves her and is addicted to her. What little development the show allowed the character to have over 7+ years can be chucked and forgotten. Yikes. 

They also confirm what I said up thread... Jon is worried about fucking his auntie, Dany is worried about fucking someone who has a better claim to the IT. 

There was something else that bothered me immensely but even though I’ve just finished watching it, I’ve already forgot. The Outside the Episodes is as forgettable as the show.

Kudos for actually watching the thing. My brain can only handle a couple of D&D quotes at a time without imploding due to the vacuum created by all the brain cells that mysteriously disappear while listening to them.

That thing about Jaime is just ... it can't be true, can it? Will they have a final twist where Jaime finally turns on Cersei and kills her? Of course they will. It HAS to be a last minute shocking twist. Everything has to be a twist! Twists for everyone! It is Game of Twists, after all. Since season 1 the twists are obviously the one thing that matter in Twist of Twists. Who cares about anything else? When you twist the Twist of Twists, you either twist or twist.

12 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

YUP, I would have loved to hear Sallador Saan say the word Dragonstone again.  Plus, you know, he has some ships, right?  And he might have said;  We need to do serious scouting of land and sea before we think of approaching DRAGONSTONE in any kind of manner. 

FUCK OFF Ds, JUST FUCK OFF!! 

Thanks for the reminder of Saan, though.  I loved how the actor played him.  One of the better deviations in character, IMO.  It's probably best we didn't see more of him.  The Ds would have ruined him, I am sure. 

Amazing how they tell Gendry to keep rowing with the land (a small island) on the left, yet he found the mainland and Sallador is appraently lost at sea.

Rhaegal was injured and had his scales bitten off by Viserion, you can see him barely taking flight with a hole in one of his wings. Also a dragon without a rider is more vulnerable. Of course it could have been handled differently but they chose to showcase how much of a threat Euron is. Not the best method of doing it.

Cersei’s plan is to showcase the world how mad Dany is and she will succeed in doing so by sacrificing people she doesnt care about.

I think Jaime goes back the moment he learns Cersei has a chance of winning just to make sure she will bite the dust. 

What is really grinding my gears is why Dany became such a power hungry individual, from what i remember from the books, she alsp wanted a family and someone who will love her, but now all that matters is the Throne.

Oh I remember now... While David and Dan are talking about Dany in Kl they say she has dragons. Humm, guess the show is as forgettable to them as it is to us, since she now only has ONE dragon. :lol:

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh I remember now... While David and Dan are talking about Dany in Kl they say she has dragons. Humm, guess the show is as forgettable to them as it is to us, since she now only has ONE dragon. :lol:

If Jon goes near the dragon pit and a bunch of dragons are born, I wouldn' t be that surprised at this point...

My biggest gripe is that so much of it went against what we have previously seen from the characters. 

Ghost whining and Jon not even touching him makes me believe that couldn't have been a final goodbye. If it was, booooooo. But the comments by Tormund make me believe they'll meet again.

Not sure about Jaime. What are his intentions? I could see it going either way.

I actually feel terrible for Dany. She looks so lost and alone. She poured her heart out to Jon, and she was absolutely right in what she said.

Sansa. Ugh. Shame, shame. A little kindness would be have been better. If she hand played it differently, she may have gotten the North without all the backstabbing. I'm sure she will anyway, but I don't like it. 

Varys stayed true to character at least, as did Arya. What good is Bran? I don't get it? 

Is Euron bright enough to understand what Tyrion knowing about the pregnancy means?

I expected Rheagal to die, but ugh, still tore me up.

Overall, I didn't hate the episode, I just hate the direction it seems to be going. Dracarys.

I'm half expecting Dario, Ilyrio Mopatis and the Dosh Khaleen to appear next episode to declare that the whole of Essos has decided they want Jon to be their King too because he so super awesome. The Iron Bank would also like him as Manager.  

6 hours ago, Nami said:

True. I guess it's turning into ashes now.

Who cares?! They made a shitload of money off of it and will continue to do so; that's all that counts.

(Yeah, I'm not bitter at all. 8 years of my life... OK, just a couple of hours/ weeks each year, but still...)

8 hours ago, azor_ahaiii said:

Hey Ghost I know we've been hanging since the first episode but fuck you bye

I can only assume they did this to contrast with a possible union between the two later but who the fuck knows

They just telegraped Jons future. Exile. Hey do you remember that episode way back when, where they foreshadowed Dany being a mad queen, and insecure leader? If so could you tell me which episode that was.

I don’t have any good comments to say. I am so just so disappointed and frustrated right now. If this goes the way the spoilers indicate it will go, I am utterly speechless. 

Dany’s journey was for nothing apparently. So all these seasons don’t matter. Let’s get rid of Dothraki, the Dragons, everything. 

John’s lineage is only important for claiming the throne, not the great battle. It’s meant to be a point of conflict for the throne  and nothing else. 

Tyrions and Varys advices are stupid and useless, offering nothing more than delays to the script so Dany can lose all of her army and dragons and end up in despair. Great! Varys even abandons the ship for John. 

John who doesn’t want the throne and for this reason he is a better ruler. how Varys is supposed to stand up for John who doesn’t want to stand up for himself is a mystery of nature. 

Jamie going back to Cersei after she wanted to kill him? Jamie has one opportunity to make a difference by killing her because he is the only one who can infiltrate close to her. If they just miss this, then his character is useless, lame, pathetic. 

As for the starks, no words. They come out as mean and ungrateful. 

4 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

I don’t have any good comments to say. I am so just so disappointed and frustrated right now. If this goes the way the spoilers indicate it will go, I am utterly speechless. 

Dany’s journey was for nothing apparently. So all these seasons don’t matter. Let’s get rid of Dothraki, the Dragons, everything. 

John’s lineage is only important for claiming the throne, not the great battle. It’s meant to be a point of conflict for the throne  and nothing else. 

Tyrions and Varys advices are stupid and useless, offering nothing more than delays to the script so Dany can lose all of her army and dragons and end up in despair. Great! Varys even abandons the ship for John. 

John who doesn’t want the throne and for this reason he is a better ruler. how Varys is supposed to stand up for John who doesn’t want to stand up for himself is a mystery of nature. 

Jamie going back to Cersei after she wanted to kill him? Jamie has one opportunity to make a difference by killing her because he is the only one who can infiltrate close to her. If they just miss this, then his character is useless, lame, pathetic. 

As for the starks, no words. They come out as mean and ungrateful. 

I’m pretty sure Jamie is going to kill Cersei. He mentioned strangling his cousin to get back to Cersei(this happened in season 3 I believe, only in the show though) this has D&D foreshadowing written all over it.

2 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

I’m pretty sure Jamie is going to kill Cersei. He mentioned strangling his cousin to get back to Cersei(this happened in season 3 I believe, only in the show though) this has D&D foreshadowing written all over it.

Let’s hope they won’t destroy his potential.

8 hours ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Also cutting away before Jon tells Arya and Sansa who he really is? FUCK YOUUUUUUU

Oh come on you didn't see that comming. I watch every episode with that expectation. Scenes of high drama (or melodrama even) take away from scenes of teenage wenches offering them selves up to old men to serve the onerous fantasies of HBO excutives.

Archived