Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

Another sneak attack really? Another Euron knows where everyone is and no one notices his giant armada sneak attack? Just like the season before?

Two weeks in a row I have got to watch two of the most powerful magical beings in the show be killed off with sneak attacks. 

Two indivisible wildly impossible sneak attacks. But hey? They were a "surprise" and that's what good storytelling is right?

Perhaps someone has made this point, but I missed it. So how does Cersei know that Missandei is so important? I mean they only capture/execute her. If they had captured a number of people I would understand, but it is pretty darn clear they only had Missandei. I'm fine with ignoring the fine details of how she even got captured (That's how low my expectations are), but couldn't they have had a few unsullied with her just to make it look like bad luck for Missandei.

Has Qyburn developed some kind of device to point out who is a major character in this world? Is it just blind luck? Or most likely is it just bad writing?

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

FUCK OFF Ds, JUST FUCK OFF!!

My feelings exactly! They have taken me from “I can’t wait for the next episode” to “Aw, for fuck’s sake, let’s just get it over with!”.

6 hours ago, Kristoff said:

I wasn't completely over the show until tonight. This really has jumped multiple sharks at this point. If I didn't already know theres only two episodes left I would have seriously stopped watching and revisited years later... maybe.

I genuinely spent a year and half looking forward to this. If I had been forewarned that spectacle would become more important than the contiguity of the character arcs I wouldn't of believed it.  How is Jamie going to get from the North to Kings landing before the city has been sacked. (Why didn't they just spend the entire season building the war with the others, resolved it and then had one episode to wind down if they were going to make it up as they go)

So when the most badass of all characters Euron (:ack:) was destroying Dany's fleet and Missandre fled, she was the only one who decided to swim right for Euron instead of to shore with everyone else? Oh wait the capture happened off screen too, because it makes such little sense even they knew they couldn't make it happen on screen.

"While Dany kind of forgot about Euron and the Iron Fleet and Eurons forces, they certainly haven't forgotten about her.."

Not sure what to say.. It's pretty funny actually. Not in the good way tho. I thought they spit enough on logic in episode 3 already.. 

I’ll give the show this, at least we’re getting a sort of fleshed out (no pun intended) villain in the show with Cersei as opposed to the CGI snoozefest that was the Night King.

Unfortunately we have to suffer through a complete crap villain in Euron.  I think the 60’s tv Batman villains were more menacing.  Unfortunately he gets to kill a dragon.  They probably should have just given Bronn Euron’s part in the show.   

And if we needed any additional proof that the show has lost the meaning of the books, we got it in Jon’s casual dismissal of Ghost.  Wow, just wow.  Really unforgivable.

So many rants - WHY is Bronn?  That scene took time from another and it has simply no value.  If Bronn never appeared  again at all, it would be fine.  WHY is Podrick?  Who knew that he switched his clothing for Plot Armor?  WHY is he still with us?

1 minute ago, Orleans said:

"While Dany kind of forgot about Euron and the Iron Fleet and Eurons forces, they certainly haven't forgotten about her.."

Not sure what to say.. It's pretty funny actually. Not in the good way tho. I thought they spit enough on logic in episode 3 already.. 

They really said that Dany forgot about Euron?

Dear Lord, Cersei is looking the most competent right now 

42 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Is there seriously any reason to ever rewatch this show ever??? Who wants to see it start out well and get progressively worse and see it was all for nothing. Screw d&d and fuck those cashgrab prequels.

And that's the biggest shame of it all. Since Seasons 1-3 were of excellent quality and Season 4 was still good.
I suppose they can still be viewed as a good, stand alone adaption of Books 1-3?

GHOST, the Last Puppy.  How could battle-scarred Ghost, who fought for us all, who loved and was part of Jon's soul, who laid under the table while Jon was 'dead', waiting for Jon to wake up, be dismissed so easily  Tormund will take good care of him but how could Jon not say good-bye.  The writers completely wrote this scene as --we love dragons and we just cannot be bothered with direwolves any more.  Speaking as only one viewer, I preferred Ghost to the dragons.

I have often thought of the image of Jon on the Iron Throne with Ghost at his side.  Tourists could stand on the other side for SELFIES.  Think of the money the realm could put into the coffers LOL  Goodbye, Ghost.

Archived