Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

7 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

And that's the biggest shame of it all. Since Seasons 1-3 were of excellent quality and Season 4 was still good.
I suppose they can still be viewed as a good, stand alone adaption of Books 1-3?

Cracks in writing were always there, we were just so blind :-).

6 minutes ago, Rhodan said:

Cracks in writing were always there, we were just so blind :-).

No adaption is perfect. But at least the first three/4 seasons had visible effort put into them to a point where I can forgive/tolerate stuff like Talysa (or whatever Liberated 21th century woman working as war nurse in Westeros was)

Overall I pretty liked this episode, so I don't have much to rant about excluding:

- Jon giving up Ghost (who is way too small) as if it is no big deal. He doesn't even pet him or bid him a proper goodbye.

- Bronn dances into Winterfell with a ass-big crossbow, no one cares, he makes a few threats and then he dances away and still no one cares

- what do Gilly and Sam plan to do? Are they staying in Winterfell? Or they going to the Wall? Are they setting up a nice little farm? Don't get me wrong, they can do whatever they want, but it would be nice if it was mentioned.

- I didn't understand if Jaime is going to KL because he wants to kill Cersei, or because he wants to save her

1 hour ago, A Dance with Davos said:

Perhaps someone has made this point, but I missed it. So how does Cersei know that Missandei is so important? I mean they only capture/execute her. If they had captured a number of people I would understand, but it is pretty darn clear they only had Missandei. I'm fine with ignoring the fine details of how she even got captured (That's how low my expectations are), but couldn't they have had a few unsullied with her just to make it look like bad luck for Missandei.

Has Qyburn developed some kind of device to point out who is a major character in this world? Is it just blind luck? Or most likely is it just bad writing?

To be fair, they did see her by Dany's side last season, when they brought the zombie back from the North. Maybe Euron captured a number of Unsullied, including Missandei, and Euron/Cersei/Qyburn remembered tha t she is on e of Dany's close advisors.

Just now, the hound of sansa said:

To be fair, they did see her by Dany's side last season, when they brought the zombie back from the North. Maybe Euron captured a number of Unsullied, including Missandei, and Euron/Cersei/Qyburn remembered tha t she is on e of Dany's close advisors.

Ahhh, of course. I totally forgot about that. Fair enough.

Also, how were they able to burn Lyanna/Ed and other members of the coalition who died and then were risen by the NK as wights. Wights explode when their WW master is killed, we saw everything else explode. How did they get out of it?

The amount of inconsistency is just annoying.

This episode was the worst one of all because there was nothing redeeming at all except for MissWorm dying.

I still hate that Jon has not had one interaction with Ghost the entire season and now presumably will never see him again as Jon is heading south to his death or for the throne.

Sandra was smirking all episode. The entire dinner she could not stop staring at Dany. And that was before she even knew Jon's true parentage. She gives resting bitch face a new meaning.

Bran is even more completely worthless than I thought. I loved all the show defenders yelling at ranters to wait for this episode before they criticize Bran's worthlessness. And that he will explain more. So here we are, another episode in, and Bran has explained nothing. And now that the plot has moved south, what is there really for him to do going forward?

The burning of the bodies was really cheesy.

How each kingdom/group only lost half their respective troops is beyond me. The wights overtook all of Winterfell and we saw literally maybe a dozen people standing at the end. Yet, they still have in theory, thousands of soldiers. So even more so, the battle with the white walkers was completely pointless.

Could they jerk off Tyrion any more than they already do? He's the only one who cares about the commoners. haha.

Instantly reloading crossbow people! You seen it here first!

Courtesy Dumbass and Donkeybrain. 

Medieval crossbows needed to be wound, took about a minute, otherwise medieval infantry would have been basically crossbowmen firing them like bolt action rifles. Seriously!

Wow, people are now making fun of the show because of the Starbucks mug that was accidentally left near Emilia Clarke during the feast scene. haha, when even the production guys fail. Guess the episode should have been called "The Last of the Starbucks"

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

Wow, people are now making fun of the show because of the Starbucks mug that was accidentally left near Emilia Clarke during the feast scene. haha, when even the production guys fail. Guess the episode should have been called "The Last of the Starbucks"

Or "the first of the Starbucks" 

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

What makes me laugh is the irony that the shot is actually relatively well lit for once.

9 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

How each kingdom/group only lost half their respective troops is beyond me. The wights overtook all of Winterfell and we saw literally maybe a dozen people standing at the end. Yet, they still have in theory, thousands of soldiers. So even more so, the battle with the white walkers was completely pointless.

Spot on! The Unsullied that sailed with Dany, is only a 'smaller contingent', the rest are marching down the Kingsroad!

How?

At least raise men from the Glovers, Manderleys, Dustins, Rhyswells, anyone who didn't come to WF, didn't believe the AotD was coming. 

So bad.

Oh there are even Dothraki with Jon. And I'm guessing it's not just the 3-4 guys who came running back with Jorah that we saw on screen last week.

8 minutes ago, Amaretto said:

There is probably a Starbucks in Winterfell- they seem to turn up everywhere. Hot Pie to become Regional Manager please. 

There must always be a Starbucks in Winterfell.

Just now, LokisRaider said:

So I don't want to watch the after the episode, because they continually show they have no idea what they are doing or talking about, but don't they literally mention the Iron fleet in the strategic planning (if you can even call it that) meeting?

Yes, Varys tells everyone Euron ferried over the Golden Company.

27 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Also, how were they able to burn Lyanna/Ed and other members of the coalition who died and then were risen by the NK as wights. Wights explode when their WW master is killed, we saw everything else explode. How did they get out of it?

The amount of inconsistency is just annoying.

The wights didn't explode, they just collapsed. Only the NK and white walkers exploded.

Archived