Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

22 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

The problem with Dany's arc is that she's acting the same as she always has, but now suddenly no one's okay with it. I always found it frustrating that Dany's disturbing behavior was depicted as "girl power" in the past, but now that doesn't even make sense in the show-universe. No wonder show-fans are so confused.

I have been highly amused by this development since S7. Dany did not act any differently when she came to Westeros than she did while in Essos. The only difference is that while in Essos, Dany's opposition was slavers, slave traders and barbarians. Of course people would generally not have much of on issue with Dany's actions when up against those kinds of people. But now she is in Westeros, with an endless number of characters that fans care about, whose journey the audience has seen. And suddenly Dany's usual behavior looks completely different to some in the audience. Except it's not. It's like some people were literally shaken out of a coma or something. I find it funny.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

There’s nothing in Jon’s actions and reactions that support the idea that he loves his auntie. And there’s nothing in Dany’s actions and reactions that support the idea that she loves her nephew. 

The show runners/writers want us to believe that, yes, but as w/ so much else they have failed miserably at selling either idea. 

Last season I could see their love. 

This season their relationship is just weird. But most relations are this season are weird... Just look at Arya and Sansa relationships with males... Or the starks permanent dislike of Danny because she isn t of the north... 

Why doesn't Cersei crossbow her stupid brother?  He was close enough she could probably have shot him herself.  And I hope to never hear another one of Tyrion's stupid speeches trying to reason with his crazy sister who he knew from season 1 that she was bat shit.

4 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I have been highly amused by this development since S7. Dany did not act any differently when she came to Westeros than she did while in Essos. The only difference is that while in Essos, Dany's opposition was slavers, slave traders and barbarians. Of course people would generally not have much of on issue with Dany's actions when up against those kinds of people. But now she is in Westeros, with an endless number of characters that fans care about, whose journey the audience has seen. And suddenly Dany's usual behavior looks completely different to some in the audience. Except it's not. It's like some people were literally shaken out of a coma or something. I find it funny.

That is one of the problems with this arc for Danny. Suddenly people care about how she acts and talks. 

I would like to hear someone explain toe what breaking the wheel means. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

Why doesn't Cersei crossbow her stupid brother?  He was close enough she could probably have shot him herself.  And I hope to never hear another one of Tyrion's stupid speeches trying to reason with his crazy sister who he knew from season 1 that she was bat shit.

Why doesn’t she crossbow the whole lot of them? Demands of the plot is a real thing. Stupid as fuck, sure, but there you have it.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I have no idea why D&D think we want to hear tyrion trying to humanize Cersei again just for her to show how bad she is... 

15 minutes ago, divica said:

If she goes all fuck the innocents in kl next episode why not having them conspire after the battle? 

Jon will have to kill her at the end of the Ep? 

Jon's story seems so sad. He trusted his family and Sansa fucked him... Now he will have to kill the woman he loves because Sansa couldn t keep her word? 

Probably. Well at least Sansa will be happy and certain that nobody can take her the North. This probably sums and justifies everything.

Just now, Nightwish said:

Probably. Well at least Sansa will be happy and certain that nobody can take her the North. This probably sums up everything.

I hope we have some argument between Sansa and Jon in ep 6 where he makes her feel she ruined his life lol

I guess Tyrion's weak attempt at persuading Cersei is the setup for his betrayal of Daenerys. She said she was going to lay waste to KL, he's got the perfect excuse to join Varys.

I fear his arc is ending while Varys is weasling out of harm's way to undermine Dany's authority.

1 minute ago, divica said:

I hope we have some argument between Sansa and Jon in ep 6 where he makes her feel she ruined his life lol

I don’t think he cares much about his feelings, nevertheless she wants to put him on the throne despite his wishes. 

What I'm disliking most right now is what this show has become. 

The books were maybe a little more complex than they needed to be but were special because of it. And they were...smart writing. 

The show is simpler than it needs to be and is suffering for it. It's been dumbed down to a near insufferable degree. 

Nothing is explained. Little makes sense.  Character development apparently either abandoned or characters assassinated. Dishing out equal parts fan fiction and fan trolling. Everything is about surprises and fake outs. 

It's like they just wanted to be done with it and move on to other things. 

If this is all the end to GOT we ever get I'ma be pissed. 

It had been better were it never made. 

/Endrant

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

I guess Tyrion's weak attempt at persuading Cersei is the setup for his betrayal of Daenerys. She said she was going to lay waste to KL, he's got the perfect excuse to join Varys.

I fear his arc is ending while Varys is weasling out of harm's way to undermine Dany's authority.

After Dany is dead Jon will leave for the North while the Seven Kingdoms implode in an orgy of violence and chaos and Varys whines "But-but-but... you were supposed to be the new perfect king! This wasn't supposed to happen!"

3 minutes ago, Squall said:

I've always wanted Varys to survive, he's a survivor, he survived and thrived for more than 20 years.  But, Mel said he would die, so I assume Dany will burn him next ep.

16 minutes ago, divica said:

Jon's story seems so sad. He trusted his family and Sansa fucked him... Now he will have to kill the woman he loves because Sansa couldn t keep her word?

How? Dany makes her own choices. If Jon kills Dany it will have NOTHING to do with Sansa. That's some twisted logic right there to put blame where it doesn't belong. Dany is going to completely snap after what happened in this episode and she won't listen to anyone. If Jon does end up killing her it will be because of Dany and Dany's actions alone. Sansa has nothing to do with it. Even if it's Varys who whispers in Jon's ear (which would be stupid as Jon wouldn't listen but that's par for the course with this show), Tyrion was the one who told Varys and not Sansa. And Sansa couldn't have told Tyrion anything without Jon being the first one to disobey Dany when he told his family about his parentage. Plenty blame to go around but sure, lets blame only  Sansa who is always the convenient scapegoat for fans when their fave characters fuck up. I'm sure when Dany, of her own free will, torches KL it will all be Sansa's fault.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

I've always wanted Varys to survive, he's a survivor, he survived and thrived for more than 20 years.  But, Mel said he would die, so I assume Dany will burn him next ep.

And what about Jamie? Will just pass an armie and enter kl? 

Just now, divica said:

And what about Jamie? Will just pass an armie and enter kl? 

Well, he is a Lannister, brother to the queen, former head of the King's Guard and the Lannister armies, so that isn't much of a problem.  Unlike the rest of them, Mel, Bronn, who show up out of nowhere, having traveled hundreds of miles and yet arrive at exactly the right time.  

1 minute ago, Mystical said:

How? Dany makes her own choices. If Jon kills Dany it will have NOTHING to do with Sansa. That's some twisted logic right there to put blame where it doesn't belong. Dany is going to completely snap after what happened in this episode and she won't listen to anyone. If Jon does end up killing her it will be because of Dany and Dany's actions alone. Sansa has nothing to do with it. Even if it's Varys who whispers in Jon's ear (which would be stupid as Jon wouldn't listen but that's par for the course with this show), Tyrion was the one who told Varys and not Sansa. And Sansa couldn't have told Tyrion anything without Jon being the first one to disobey Dany when he told his family about his parentage. Plenty blame to go around but sure, lets blame only  Sansa who is always the convenient scapegoat for fans when their fave characters fuck up. I'm sure when Dany, of her own free will, torches KL it will all be Sansa's fault.

Jon tells Danny that they can trust his sisters. That they won t tell anyone so there is no prob. 

Jon's mistake was to trust his sister... 

And nobody will kill Dany only because she kills innocents while attacking KL. There must be more... And given that it appears that her advisors will betray her because of what Sansa told them... Danny won t have anyone to counsel her. 

3 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

Varys whines "But-but-but... you were supposed to be the new perfect king! This wasn't supposed to happen!"

That would be very sad if D&D start cribbing from Star Wars Obi Wan: "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force... not leave it in darkness!"

And with regards to Varys dying in Westeros, I don't think Mel said he had to drop dead within a month, he could never leave and add a few more years on borrowed time.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, he is a Lannister, brother to the queen, former head of the King's Guard and the Lannister armies, so that isn't much of a problem.  Unlike the rest of them, Mel, Bronn, who show up out of nowhere, having traveled hundreds of miles and yet arrive at exactly the right time.  

How will he enter a city under siege? 

Honestly I hope he, Jon and Davos come up with a plan to smuggle themselves into kl to deal with Cersei... 

You know what's really sad. Around season 4 we all said, "wouldn't it be dumb, and off tone, if Sandor and Gregor had a final showdown, Hollywood style, and killed one another", now we say "please, at least let the Clegane's throw down so there's something mindless, to keep my mind off the plot"

I've given up on the show. Please just put it out of its misery

CLEGANEBOWL! GET HYPE!

Archived