Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

6 minutes ago, divica said:

How will he enter a city under siege? 

Honestly I hope he, Jon and Davos come up with a plan to smuggle themselves into kl to deal with Cersei... 

He's the queen's brother, he can show up and say, tell the queen I'm here.  I don't see this is an issue.  She could have him killed, but we know she won't. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

He's the queen's brother, he can show up and say, tell the queen I'm here.  I don't see this is an issue.  She could have him killed, but we know she won't. 

You think he will enter through the front gate and Danny's armies will just stay in place looking? 

What's the name of this episode ?  ''Characters behaving totally out of character''. That's how I would sum up this episode.

F you D&D...for the way you ruined Ghost. The last good part of GOT you have destroyed.

I don't even know where to start, such a forgettable, laughable, weird episode. Characters I couldn't even care about.The Hound saying ''I heard they broke in'' or something like that. Woof...awful writing.  The ballistas perfectly shooting Rhaegal all 3 shots, from that distance lmao. And then missing a dozen when Dany is flying in a straight line towards them. Dany as a character....RIP. Totally unearned btw, i'm ok with her turning mad queen, heck I called it a few seasons ago. But the transition is totally unearned. 7 seasons of nothing then she turns in 1 episode. Yeah ok. And her plotting and scheming when they were drinking ? haha. Sooooo out of character. Dany has never been clever, or scheming. She is incredibly annoying, straightforward and ignorant. But still is inherently good as a person. Scheming, plotting...isn't her. Like I said, her going mad isn't earned just because she lost a few good people. Not the first time that happened. She lost a dragon before, didn't happen either. If they had done a better job of writing her character in that way, and gradually transitioning her that way, it would have been believable and in character. But alas. Sansa promises Jon to keep the secret, then tells the first person she sees lmao. And Arya continues to be the most boring, robotic, static character of all. Ugh, can't believe she once was my favorite character.  Cersei wants Tyrion and Jamie dead, hires someone to kill them. But when Tyrion approaches her, she is like nah I don't wany my little brother dead. HAHAHHAHA. OK.  And Bronn was going to kill Jamie and Tyrion if not for the agreement ? haha yeah ok. And that entire scene was awful. Just awful. The worst part about the episode, besides the writing, is the inconsistency in the writing of the characters. 

Just now, divica said:

Jon tells Danny that they can trust his sisters. That they won t tell anyone so there is no prob. 

Jon's mistake was to trust his sister... 

And nobody will kill Dany only because she kills innocents while attacking KL. There must be more... And given that it appears that her advisors will betray her because of what Sansa told them... Danny won t have anyone to counsel her. 

The only reason Dany hasn't gone around Westeros torching everything to the ground is because her advisors have to CONSTANTLY talk her out of it. Just like they had to do in Essos. I don't find fault in people who recognize that or her single minded goal of the throne and think she would make a terrible Queen because of that 'burn it all' instinct. While I think Jon would make a terrible King, he IS a better alternative to Dany.

Jon's mistake wasn't to trust his sister(s). His mistake is being completely whipped to the point that he ignores all the red flags that everyone else can see. Sam doesn't think she is all that good, though granted he has bias due to his torched family. She keeps going on and on about the throne, basically says to Jon that is he a threat to her claim but he just blissfully goes along. In this episode she gave him an order not to tell anyone else his parentage (which he promptly ignored). She also demonstrated yet again that she doesn't care about the people at all. What little is left of the Northern army would probably prefer to rest and heal a bit before fighting another war. But Dany won't have it and Jon agrees with her which is frankly completely anti-Jon Snow.

Tyrion and Varys haven't been completely convinced that Dany is that good of an option, they have been talking about that since last Season. Their hope is that with the right advisors her worst instincts might be manageable. That's not a good thing. So Sansa didn't plant any seeds of doubt in them at all, that's already there. All Sansa's information does, is give them an alternative should Dany go completely off the rails. They would still betray Dany if she starts torching thousands without any knowledge of someone with a better claim.

16 minutes ago, Mystical said:

How? Dany makes her own choices. If Jon kills Dany it will have NOTHING to do with Sansa. That's some twisted logic right there to put blame where it doesn't belong. Dany is going to completely snap after what happened in this episode and she won't listen to anyone. If Jon does end up killing her it will be because of Dany and Dany's actions alone. Sansa has nothing to do with it. Even if it's Varys who whispers in Jon's ear (which would be stupid as Jon wouldn't listen but that's par for the course with this show), Tyrion was the one who told Varys and not Sansa. And Sansa couldn't have told Tyrion anything without Jon being the first one to disobey Dany when he told his family about his parentage. Plenty blame to go around but sure, lets blame only  Sansa who is always the convenient scapegoat for fans when their fave characters fuck up. I'm sure when Dany, of her own free will, torches KL it will all be Sansa's fault.

John didn’t disobey Dany, he told her straight forward what his intentions were about sharing the secret with the rest of the Starks but also assured her that she could trust his family. Which proved to be a mistake. Sansa shared it with Tyrion to persuade him to betray Dany “what if there is a better ruler?” All of this after she helped them. Dany and John kept their part of a bargain. Sansa couldnt keep hers because her only concern from the start was how to get rid of Dany. Either she helped them or not in her head makes no difference.

At least she could have the guts to tell John that she doesn’t agree with Dany and he isn’t king of the North she runs the place. Instead she is going behind his back making decisions for his own good and nullifying his agreements. 

Apparently all of these are going to lead to a chain reaction from Danys part when she finds out herself betrayed from the man she trusted. 

19 hours ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

Apparently they secretly mass-produced exorbitant scads of these super-accurate insta-loading ballistas that can rival a Phalanx CIWS system when deployed in numbers and 99X exorbitant scads of those super-heavy but finely tooled bolts. Also perfected the device for mounting them on moving vessels, clearly incorporating some sort of balancing system, produced all the mounting parts needed, and installed them in each vessel.

But what about the moment after ? When Drogon was riding towards Euron and his fleet shot like a DOZEN of those same super accurate ballistas and ALL MISSED despite Drogon flying in a straight line towards them for the perfect shot ? Despite hitting Rhaegal 3x, all perfectly placed, when Rhaegal was flailing around so far away, sideways as well hahaha.

19 hours ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

Apparently they secretly mass-produced exorbitant scads of these super-accurate insta-loading ballistas that can rival a Phalanx CIWS system when deployed in numbers and 99X exorbitant scads of those super-heavy but finely tooled bolts. Also perfected the device for mounting them on moving vessels, clearly incorporating some sort of balancing system, produced all the mounting parts needed, and installed them in each vessel.

Basically, Urine could've won the Battle of Midway with that firepower. 

25 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

What's the name of this episode ?  ''Characters behaving totally out of character''. That's how I would sum up this episode.

F you D&D...for the way you ruined Ghost. The last good part of GOT you have destroyed.

I don't even know where to start, such a forgettable, laughable, weird episode. Characters I couldn't even care about.The Hound saying ''I heard they broke in'' or something like that. Woof...awful writing.  The ballistas perfectly shooting Rhaegal all 3 shots, from that distance lmao. And then missing a dozen when Dany is flying in a straight line towards them. Dany as a character....RIP. Totally unearned btw, i'm ok with her turning mad queen, heck I called it a few seasons ago. But the transition is totally unearned. 7 seasons of nothing then she turns in 1 episode. Yeah ok. And her plotting and scheming when they were drinking ? haha. Sooooo out of character. Dany has never been clever, or scheming. She is incredibly annoying, straightforward and ignorant. But still is inherently good as a person. Scheming, plotting...isn't her. Like I said, her going mad isn't earned just because she lost a few good people. Not the first time that happened. She lost a dragon before, didn't happen either. If they had done a better job of writing her character in that way, and gradually transitioning her that way, it would have been believable and in character. But alas. Sansa promises Jon to keep the secret, then tells the first person she sees lmao. And Arya continues to be the most boring, robotic, static character of all. Ugh, can't believe she once was my favorite character.  Cersei wants Tyrion and Jamie dead, hires someone to kill them. But when Tyrion approaches her, she is like nah I don't wany my little brother dead. HAHAHHAHA. OK.  And Bronn was going to kill Jamie and Tyrion if not for the agreement ? haha yeah ok. And that entire scene was awful. Just awful. The worst part about the episode, besides the writing, is the inconsistency in the writing of the characters. 

Yes yes yes yes! Bronn’s conversation with the brothers was insane and inane. All of the writing in this episode was ridiculous. They’ve done this season in particular and show such a disservice. I need to go reread the books to shake the GoT grumpies off and enjoy the story again. And what they did to Ghost (and also to the dragons) - they pooped all over everything that was special and interesting and unique about these mystical creatures; the prophecies and mysteries that were an integral part of the story; as well as many of the characters we’ve invested so much in - complex, flawed humans, yes, but thoughtfully portrayed. 

3 hours ago, Duckface said:

It is so hard to believe that everything that is happening is real. This is just too much, how did these 2 idiots ever get into writing, just how on earth did they manage to convince GRRM, get a budget and run the tv show quite well for 3-4 seasons? Because as soon as the book material ended, it all just became a clusterfuck and yet, IT IS STILL THE MOST POPULAR SHOW WITH HIGHEST BUDGET.

Well, they did write the screenplays for Troy and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. They had some legit cred coming into GOT. Did you see Origins? No? Me neither. I did see Troy, and now that I think about it, my thought leaving that was, "Did the people who made that even read the Iliad?" So...

25 minutes ago, divica said:

Wtf

This ep is rated 59 on rotten tomatoes and 7.3 on imdb. 

Last week's wasn t much worse? 

Honestly, there are plenty of pretty terrible episodes. My theory is that audiences were happy to ignore the poor writing quality until about now, when they simply could not any longer; we'll see though. 

2 minutes ago, darmody said:

What else would it be? Sensing her discomfort? Feeling guilty for just existing and being legitimate?

No idea. But I can t read thoughts. If he has a prob with it he should just say it! 

He even says that he wants things to go back to how they were before he learned rlj... 

19 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

I also am very, very irritated about Sansa not coming face-to-face with Cersei again.

I could take it or leave it. What annoys me is the build-up between Arya and Cersei, who didn't really have a relationship apart from Cersei wanting to kill her dog and Arya seeing her onstage during her father's execution. Hence the list. 

Sansa and Cersei actually interacted dramatically a number of times. However, I don't need to see them together again. The last two seasons have had reunion after reunion after reunion, and enough already. 

20 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

At least she could have the guts to tell John that she doesn’t agree with Dany and he isn’t king of the North she runs the place. Instead she is going behind his back making decisions for his own good and nullifying his agreements.

What would be the point of telling Jon? Jon has NEVER listened to Sansa. That's been a theme since freaking Season 6. He thinks her a dumb a little girl who has no idea about anything, something that has been stated several times this Season too. While Sansa has been telling him he is a Stark, she believes in him and she is worried about his safety for 2 Seasons, Jon does nothing but diss her and dismiss her.

The idea that somebody can be given the Reach because you point a crossbow at the Hand, even though said person has no army, no bannerman, and no ability to maintain control, and furthermore can be basically captured and killed the moment he steps out of the room, is just so absurd that D&D have no basic understanding of the feudal system that is at work in Westeros.   

This is why they can't write any political intrigue plot for shit on this show without GRRM.  It's like somebody who's has no basic understanding of the parliamentary system trying to write a British political drama about a Prime Minister, and in it he has the Prime Minister trying to win an election based on the electoral college. 

https://i.imgflip.com/30blia.jpg

7 minutes ago, Mystical said:

What would be the point of telling Jon? Jon has NEVER listened to Sansa. That's been a theme since freaking Season 6. He thinks her a dumb a little girl who has no idea about anything, something that has been stated several times this Season too. While Sansa has been telling him he is a Stark, she believes in him and she is worried about his safety for 2 Seasons, Jon does nothing but diss her and dismiss her.

I don know what show you've been watching, but when Sansa wanted to talk to Jon before the Battle of the Bastards, Jon said okay what, and she responded, "Uh...I dunno. Something." Jon made a point to listen, and she had nothing to say. 

Later, they have differences of opinion. Maybe Jon could do a better job hashing things out behind the scenes, but she is constantly ambushing him with divergent opinion in front of the whole court. It would help for your interpretation if Sansa was the clever schemer the show wants us to believe she is, especially since Jon knows nothing. But there's not much evidence of that. 

The dumb little girl who doesn't know anything? Well, Jon claims authority in matters of military command and as regards the Army of the Dead. I don't think he treats Sansa like a little girl in any other respect. He does things over her head and against her advice, but he is king. 

Archived