Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

20 hours ago, Gertrude said:

There is one bright spot. Emilia Clarke's acting in the episode was some of her best performances of the entire show. I mean, they let her do something other than a stone-faced "I am the Queen" type face. Turns out she can do paranoid rage quite well.

It was something, at least. I expected her to take a harder line with Jon, too. More auntish, if you will. But she still played the lover card. 

19 hours ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

After tonight.....I feel that if there is a younger and more beautiful queen to replace Cersei then it will be Sansa.  Her head was churning with all the possibilities tonight and that is when she finally told Jon’s secret to Tyrion.   

Finally? She only learned it herself one scene ago. 

I guess Jon ghosting Ghost was a tipping point for some. I know at least 3 people(all book readers) who were in denial about what the show has become, but have finally seen the light after this development, and episode.

I’ve also never understood hate watching a show, but this is getting so absurd that it’s actually kind of entertaining now. Like what else could they think of next? Will next episode possibly top this one?

Obviously all has been mentioned(I only read the first page of this thread)but my 3 top silly moments were:

1. Cersei not killing everyone at the end(how was the meeting set up, why bring Drogon?).
  2. Rhaegal’s entire death scene(Dany’s incompetence, flawless aiming).
  3. The Ghost debacle. Like Jon couldn’t even go over to fucking pet and hug him at least? Ugh

19 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

This first point reminds me of a rant I had about the Red Wedding—how could Rob leave his wolf outside?

It wasn't his castle. 

Do wolves like to be wedding guests, anyway?

14 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Sigh. So Dany did forget about the Iron Fleet. Okaaaay.

Doesn't she have military commanders under her? Like maybe someone with rudimentary knowledge of naval warfare. Or just anyone on her ships who remembers that Iron Fleet II exists and Urine is a person who knows that Dragonstone is a thing. 

When FDR sailed to Yalta during WWII, they weren't relying on him to remember the Germans had u-boats, right?

1 hour ago, Snormund said:

Can I get some feedback here?

Am I alone in this, or do some of you guys also not notice the insane amount of things wrong with this show until reading other people’s posts. Sure I notice plenty of things wrong. But there is so much stupidity I don’t even think about when I really should be. Part of that is because I have forgotten a lot of the lore, but some of it is just me not noticing stuff. 

No you're not alone!  I usually notice a few big things and maybe a couple more nitpicky things, but if I rate the episode right after I see it, it might be fairly well rated.  After I've read a lot of discussion the cracks really start to show and my rating would be lower. 

I guess there is something to say for just enjoying shows for what they are and not going on the internet to discuss lol. 

14 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Gendry is Cameron Fry from Ferris Bueller's Day off.

"He's gonna marry the first girl he lays. And she's gonna treat him like shit because he's gonna kiss her ass for giving him what he's built-up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him because you can't respect someone who kisses your ass?"

Except he's laid 4 or 5 girls, hasn't he? I forgot the figure. Unless he was lying about that. 

Did he go all the way with Mel? I don't remember. But I don't think we were supposed to think Arya was the first. 

14 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Cersei’s plan is to showcase the world how mad Dany is and she will succeed in doing so by sacrificing people she doesnt care about.

She'd also be sacrificing her seat of power. Where would she go if Danny does what Cersei is daring her to do? The empty Casterly Rock? Shack up with Lord Bronn of the Riverlands/Highgarden?

12 hours ago, the hound of sansa said:

It really defies logic that they lost only half of their numbers. The shots inside Winterfell from the previous episode clearly showed only the known heros fighting. And there was no one left outside, no one alive at least. Were they hidding inside the castle?

They were the ones who carried Arya from the hearth to the godswood and pitched her at the Night King. 

In next episode's preview they showed the Golden Company arrayed in front of KL's walls, facing the allied army. These people, I swear... Using fortifications for cover is just a suggestion to them.

Some stupidity that I noticed :

• Personal bickering and drama despite what they've been through together, and what they still need to accomplish.
  • Dany not noticing Euron's fleet from her high vantage point, and also diving towards it after Rhaegal takes a dive.
  • Cersei not killing those that showed up (stupidly) at King's Landing.

2 hours ago, Grizzly Mormont said:

I was so worried that Tyrion would die when that mast fell on him. Thank gods it was revealed that he survived unscathed less than 2 seconds later. 

This is underrated and deserves praise.

Archived