Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

49 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Can someone explain to me why Brienne, one of the greatest soldiers ever, isn't fighting at KL ? Heck, everyone at Winterfell should be there fighting.  Sansa should be there too behind the scenes. I mean if they lose the war, what is she think Cersei is gonna do ? Let her and the remaining 3-4 people live in peace at Winterfell ? Same goes for Tormund. Tormund should be out there fighting as well, if Cersei wins Tormund is a goner as well. It's so weird to me.Considering how small the army is they have now, and how Brienne and Tormund are worth dozens and dozens of fighters...you'd think they would join along. If someone has a good reasoning for why, I'll apologize. But that is just so illogical that my brain is hurting from thinking about it.

She said she vowed to protect Sansa with her life and that's what she will do.  Last ep IIRC.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:09 PM, Wsc48 said:

I suppose Daenerys needs to change her title now to Mother of Dragon 

Missandei: You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains.

That's a lot of titles she has to change. And no Missandei to do it for her.

10 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

There is no way that the Ghost treatment is not an intentional middle finger to all the complaints they've gotten over the years on direwolf decisions.  This following quote from the article is one way of saying it, and it cannot be said enough.  Another thing that cannot be said enough;  FUCK D&D!

Ghost’s Goodbye

Look, I am glad that Ghost has not been totally ignored like he has been for several years now, but how is Jon going to leave his direwolf who just finished fighting so hard defending Winterfell he lost an ear without giving him so much as a pat on the head? If you have the CGI budget for an 80 minute dragon-zombie fight, you can animate Jon petting a large wolf for five seconds. For shame.

20 hours ago, LokisRaider said:

So Arya is a giant plot problem right?

-They give her the Frey pie thing so we know she is capable of face changing and impersonating a liege lord for awhile and then proceeds to kill off the entire family.

-She is apparently so silent and stealthy she can run through Winterfell without anything noticing her. A castle that is overrun with an army of undead who's only purpose is kill anything living. She then kills a magical unstoppable being in the Night King with no problems what so ever.

-She is literally on her way to Kings Landing to kill Cersei.

And not a single person in the strategic planning session thinks "Let's send Arya to do what she is planning on doing? Hey Varys you still know all those secret passages into the red keep? Great, this should be wrapped up in less than a fortnight. No that makes no sense, how about this, let's just come up with the dumbest plan possible then forget about minor details like Eurons armada and just wing it. Sound good with everybody? Oh and make sure you all act like catty bitches just because."

They turned her into an unstoppable force that everyone forgot about this episode. After last week everyone was saying how pointless a war with Cersei is because of Arya, and they all were proven right. But we know she will now not be as unstoppable as she has been shown to be because... they need her not to be for the plot.

She is going to kill either Cersei, The Mountain or Euron. Or a combo of those 3. It's so obvious at this point when she rode off with The Hound. I bet Jon is going to get captured next episode, then Arya will come in and save the day...again. 

9 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

The Hound to Sansa: ''Heard you were broken in. Heard you were broken in rough.''

WTF ?!?!?!?!

That is beyond disgusting and reprehensible.  If it was almost any one else, I could 'maybe' with great effort imagine him saying such a thing about a marriage in somewhat different circumstances, but this was just another middle finger from the Ds to certain fans, I guess.  Well, that and their degenerate sensibilities.  I really feel bad for the actors at times, especially this year, as this is IT.  There's nothing better, more believable coming next season. 

everything was stupid and i have no words. but the dragon's death just made this whole series pointless. if dragons were so vulnerable and useless as demonstrated on the show, how the f**k did aegon and his sisters conquer a whole huge continent with just 3 dragons?!:bang:

7 hours ago, darksellsword said:

I was thinking about the final scene and how absurd it was that Dany brought her tiny little contingent within range of Cersei's scorpions and archers.It couldn't be described as anything other than a mistake on the part of the writers. If you take that as fact now as many commentators have, you have to wonder what were the writers trying to achieve. I think they were coming from the point of view of Cersei. They needed to give her a certain level of security when she executed Missandei thus triggering Daenerys (mad Queen) wrath in person. The problem they faced was how to temporarily nullify Daenerys in that scene. They weren't imaginative enough to come up with any scenario where Cersei and Daenerys exchange terms at a distance and experience Daenerys anger at Cersei executing Missandei. What would've been wrong in terms of plot progression with her sending Missandeis head to Daenerys on Dragonstone with a message like take your foreign horde back to Essos. It would've been perfectly plausible for it to send Daenerys into a genocidal rage they could have avoided that plot hole and saved a bunch of money on all that CGI of the battlements with all those super scorpions. The rather annoying aspect of it was the blatant clue that Cersei will be dead by the end of the next episode. They overcompensated in advance for Cerseis demise by staging that whole power show and execution. They had it in the back of their mind that Cersei is dead in the next episode and that is why they overlooked that gaping plothole. The question boils down to why didn't Daenerys die and the answer is of course because she wins next episode that is why. It is piss poor storyboarding.

I don't know, I fear that Cersei might live into some of the last episode.  They seem determined to inflict Cersei The Ice Queen of Boring on us as long as they can.  I do hope I'm wrong.  I've had it with their Cers for years now.  I'm surprised how much I wanted to see Cersei The Bat Shit Crazy Wild Fire Queen, as her chapters in AFFC usually left me feeling in need of a shower after being in her mind.  She could be funny and quick witted in some respects, but being in her mind always left me feeling the need of some sort of cleansing. 

18 hours ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Well...

The saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true. Bad times and bad things happen to people all the time and people are, in fact, very much capable of turning the bad into good by learning and using it to make them stronger.

“That which does not kill you....... makes you weaker, and will probably kill you the next time it shows up”

It's like when people try to spin the whole mental illness into ''don't gve up, you can defeat it, just think positively'' lol. Dark incidents like that scar you and destroy you for life. You are damaged beyond repair. You'll never be the person you once were even if you tell yourself otherwise. It's just plain awful and comes from a place of ignorance. Not every bad thing can be turned into a positive. Definately not in this case.

1 minute ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Bran: ''Mostly I live in the past''.

Then stop constantly showing up in the present, you useless motherfucker !

Seriously though....has there ever been a more useless character in a show that's supposed to be so important...

34 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

“That which does not kill you....... makes you weaker, and will probably kill you the next time it shows up”

It's like when people try to spin the whole mental illness into ''don't gve up, you can defeat it, just think positively'' lol. Dark incidents like that scar you and destroy you for life. You are damaged beyond repair. You'll never be the person you once were even if you tell yourself otherwise. It's just plain awful and comes from a place of ignorance. Not every bad thing can be turned into a positive. Definately not in this case.

This thousand times. I was recently on certain forum and seen things I never thought I will read on the internet, but I guess I had to read them. Let´s say I am now kinda nervous when discussing /reading about rape myself and I am angry when people are making up bullshit like this.

3 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Seriously though....has there ever been a more useless character in a show that's supposed to be so important...

I'm glad he fuck off and most likely won't show up again except maybe in the epilogue. Sandra too, I guess? what is she going to do now? it seems all the ending is gonna take place in King's Landing.

Just now, Nami said:

I'm glad he fuck off and most likely won't show up again except maybe in the epilogue. Sandra too, I guess? what is she going to do now? it seems all the ending is gonna take place in King's Landing.

It seems obvious D&D had no idea what to do with Bran. There is no doubt in my mind he is important to the story in the books, but the show either didn't want to do it, or didn't know how to.

Agree about Sandra. Her arc is pretty much done I guess....I realistically don't know what else she can do since her whole character has been reduced to being catty with Dany. What will she do if/when Dany dies...

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

What will she do if/when Dany dies...

The epilogue scene will be Wolverine and Sandra showing up in KL with their annoying smug fucking faces to congratulate Jon-no-balls sad face as he takes the throne despite hating it. The end.

17 hours ago, Ser Lepus said:

People are right about Greyjoy not just having access to spy satellites that allow him to pinpoint the location of Dany's fleet, he also had a Klingon cloaking device that prevented Dany from detecting his fleet before bumping onto it... But at this point, I am already used to magical ships, so it doesn't bother too much...

What does bother me are the giant super ballistas... They are ridiculous... they are WAY more powerful than XVIII century naval artillery... why did people even bother to invent gunpowder, when they had ballistas like these?

And even if we accept their ridiculous power, it should take forever to reload them, and they should the hard to aim, and not very accurate... They are too good.

And even if we accept their power, accuracy and reload speed... they don't look like they should be able to aim towards the stern, or upwards... all Dany had to do was to fly upwards and attack the ships from behind, but she choose to charge head on!

Another thing that bothers me is how stupid everybody has become:

1.-Sansa. Why the hell does she antagonize Dany so much?. Even if she doesn't like her, even if she doesn't trust her, she DOES need her. She needed her army and dragons to beat the Night King's undead army, and she needs her to defeat Cersei. She should smile at her even if she hated her in her heart. What does she expect Jon to do? To turn against Dany, ensuring that the winner of the battle between Cersei and Dany will crush Winterfell?

2.-Varys. What's the point of supporting Jon now? Nobody will believe that he is a Targaryen... at the very least, wait until he is married to Dany and has a child with her, and then assassinate her if you must... And if he refuses to marry his own aunt, try to nudge him into accepting... it is the shortest, easiest way to put him on the throne...

3.-Bronn. What does he expect to happen? If Tyrion and Jamie don't have Bronn murdered, they are stupid. By the way... how the hell does a southerner enter Winterfell and moves around so easily? Isn't there any security there? And why doesn't Tyrion have Dany call her troops to comb Winterfell until finding and killing the intruder?

I feel they have killed the Night King too soon, and anything that happens now will feel underwhelming... the world is saved, whose ass sits on the Iron Throne isn't that important... Also, I think they are going to try and stuff too much new plot in the remaining chapters... They will have Dany&Cersei final showdown last just one episode, and create and end a new conflict between Dany's and Jon's supporters in just the last episode... it is too rushed...

This whole plot has been forced so hard onto the viewer and it is unbearable to watch. She just started hating her and not trusting her because she's super smart or something. Even last episode when Dany was fighting against the undead and her army was getting annihilated (until we found out this episode 50% of all forces survived because they didn't even watch the episode they filmed where everyone died) Sansa was bitching about her. And then after the battle that Dany sacrificed her whole army (minus the 50% reducing the actual impact of last weeks episode) Sansa is still treating her like she is some untrustworthy adversary. Sansa alienating someone who has just proven what a valuable ally she is is one of the reason Dany is cracking. 

Because of Sansa and the terrible storytelling I find myself finally rooting for Dany for the first time. I know the show is doing their best to force us into thinking the mad queen is coming, and that she is evil. I hope it does happen at this point. Sansa is an insufferable bitch with no redeeming qualities and ads nothing but high school level drama to the show. I hope Dany fly's Drogon right up to Winterfell and gives Sansa some Fire and Blood treatment.

35 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

The 3 Holy Shit moments?  Two have happened - the burning alive of the Princess Shireen, and the taking of Hodor's future by destroying his mind.  The 3rd one is supposed to happen in the last episode.  While I agree with you about Bran, wouldn't it be crazy if Bran has been plotting to take the throne since about season 2.  All the pieces fall into place, Bran stands up and announces he is the rightful King!!!!  The End.  

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

The 3 Holy Shit moments?  Two have happened - the burning alive of the Princess Shireen, and the taking of Hodor's future by destroying his mind.  The 3rd one is supposed to happen in the last episode.  While I agree with you about Bran, wouldn't it be crazy if Bran has been plotting to take the throne since about season 2.  All the pieces fall into place, Bran stands up and announces he is the rightful King!!!!  The End.  

I don't think they plan that far ahead unfortunately. Would definitely be a twist. I don't think the last two holy shit moments made any sense so maybe this won't either to me, so maybe you're right haha.

17 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Yup pretty much all the women in power are mad queens now; Daenerys is suddenly unfit to even sit next to Jon in the Throne Room, Cersei has been Mad Queen Romulan since season 6 and Sansa is unnecessarily hostile and claimed to be dangerous by Dany.

Sansa is just selectively bitchy, and the verdict is still out on Danny. Jon is the only man in power that we get to observe (unless you count Urine, who is a juvenile rockstar pirate), and he's portrayed as a dumbass. 

Archived