Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

15 hours ago, divica said:

I am rewatching the ep on tv. Sansa revealing jon's secret is so evil. It looks so much like a betrayal out of jelousy against danny...

Almost like the show is continuing to ride the "she's a player now" all the way to Sansa on the Iron Throne. Which is her booby prize for enduring Ramsay. 

Just now, darmody said:

Almost like the show is continuing to ride the "she's a player now" all the way to Sansa on the Iron Throne. Which is her booby prize for enduring Ramsay. 

Sansa is one of the most annoying and illogical characters in GOT.

Looking for exemple at the scene where the starks all are together and jon says that without danny they would be all dead and she says that it was arya that killed the NK and implies danny 's forces weren t necessary… what is the logic or point of her saying this?

Her entire behaviour this season is just crazy and annoying...

4 minutes ago, divica said:

Sansa is one of the most annoying and illogical characters in GOT.

Looking for exemple at the scene where the starks all are together and jon says that without danny they would be all dead and she says that it was arya that killed the NK and implies danny 's forces weren t necessary… what is the logic or point of her saying this?

Her entire behaviour this season is just crazy and annoying...

Well, they weren’t. The Dothraki were wiped out in 3 seconds, the Unsullied were useless, and every other character was useless as well. It’s not Dany’s fault nor Sansa’s fault, nor anyone’s but the writers who came up w/ this stupid fucking plot. 

15 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Also, here's another complaint: unless I'm forgetting someone, Sansa is the only (adult) character on this show that's never had consensual sex. The fact that feminine, meek Sansa was turned into Ramsay's sex toy, while "badass," warrior-like characters like Arya and Brienne were given long nights of passion, really speaks to the heart of how poorly this show portrays women. 

I'm confused by this. Sansa is feminine, but she's not meek. At least not anymore. Arya and Brienne both fell in bed beside characters with whom they had long relationships beforehand. 

They didn't put themselves in Sansa's position, which was trusting Little Finger to hand her off to the family that betrayed her mother and brother. But that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with badassery. They got lucky, both of them. Arya because she found the Hound and the Faceless Man, Brienne because Jaime talked her would-be rapists down. 

Also, it's not like Sansa suffered because of femininity or meekness. Ramsay married her for her name, not her qualities. 

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Well, they weren’t. The Dothraki were wiped out in 3 seconds, the Unsullied were useless, and every other character was useless as well. It’s not Dany’s fault nor Sansa’s fault, nor anyone’s but the writers who came up w/ this stupid fucking plot. 

At the least the unsulied guarded the retreat and brouht mel to fire up the trench.

But lets not talk about ep 3 before it angers me... The point is that danny brought 2 dragons and 100k soldiers to fight the war. She shouldn t be useless for the result. Sansa saying it is just dumb… Just like they wanting to kick danny away after she helped them because she isn t from the north is super dumb and mean. 

29 minutes ago, darmody said:

I'm confused by this. Sansa is feminine, but she's not meek. At least not anymore. Arya and Brienne both fell in bed beside characters with whom they had long relationships beforehand. 

They didn't put themselves in Sansa's position, which was trusting Little Finger to hand her off to the family that betrayed her mother and brother. But that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with badassery. They got lucky, both of them. Arya because she found the Hound and the Faceless Man, Brienne because Jaime talked her would-be rapists down. 

Also, it's not like Sansa suffered because of femininity or meekness. Ramsay married her for her name, not her qualities. 

Erhm, no. Littlefinger set it all up, but he told Sansa the decision to marry Ramsay or not was hers, and she decided to do it. That’s how bad it was, that’s how utterly stupidly the whole thing was written. Yikes. 

32 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Erhm, no. Littlefinger set it all up, but he told Sansa the decision to marry Ramsay or not was hers, and she decided to do it. That’s how bad it was, that’s how utterly stupidly the whole thing was written. Yikes. 

I don't see how that means he doesn't hand her off. I mean, she traveled to Winterfell under his protection. He was there to introduce her to the Boltons. 

2 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Bran: ''Mostly I live in the past''.

Then stop constantly showing up in the present, you useless motherfucker !

Yes. I’ll keep an eye on this suspicious little shirker. He’s been sitting in that chair, rolling his eyes, for quite a while know. If all he does in the remaining episodes is scare a bunch of unsuspecting semihelples birds, I’ll declare him overpayed yet fit for a major role in the next Star Wars movie.

2 minutes ago, darmody said:

I don't see how that means he doesn't hand her off. I mean, she traveled to Winterfell under his protection. He was there to introduce her to the Boltons. 

He explicitly tells her if she wants to go back to the Vale he will turn around, the show makes it completely her decision to agree with LF plan that she marry for revenge.  

blacknerdproblems, yay!

Haven't finished yet, but had to say, I love this guy.

The Scene that Dropped the WHOLE BALL

Sansa, The Lady, sees sad ass Clegane drinking alone and comes over to talk to him. They start talking about how things used to be and how things are now. Listen, I know we all here cuz we wrapped up in this Thrones Endgame but like…this was not a good scene. Like, hard pass on this shit.

Clegane tells her that none of the shit with Ramsay or Little Finger would’ve happened if she had come with him when he first left King’s Landing. To which, Sansa states without Ramsay and Littlefinger, she would’ve stayed a Little Bird for the rest of her life.

The even did the slow zoom in on Sansa so that you knew this shit was serious.

Get the fuck outta here man. All hail the heroine’s journey where rape is a necessary evil. All praises due to abuse and assault just speed bumps on the way to being Lady of Winterfell. This could’ve been done so much better, yo. This could’ve really been a scene about being a survivor. It could’ve been about Sansa presiding over a land where the injustices she faced won’t be visited upon others. But nah, they really went with “what doesn’t kill me, only brutally assaults me for numerous seasons, makes me stronger.” I just want people to remember mess like this when they start praising the writers for how powerful the women on Thrones are. And I also want us to remember these were the same dudes that were going to write a show that heavily involved slavery.

ANYWAYS *Hard Eye Roll*

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

He explicitly tells her if she wants to go back to the Vale he will turn around, the show makes it completely her decision to agree with LF plan that she marry for revenge.  

Yeah?

13 minutes ago, darmody said:

Yeah?

Not sure what you mean w/ “yeah?”, but yes. they made it very clear. Littlefinger tells Sansa they will go back to the Vale if that’s what she wants, and she decides to go ahead w/ the brilliant plant of marrying into the family that destroyed hers to get revenge. 

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/30/18522060/game-of-thrones-got-season-8-hbo-final-melisandre-tyrion-lannister-long-night-prophecies-tactics

“It’s ridiculous to expect the showrunners to devote any sort of time to developing their geniuses and prophets when they only have three episodes left, especially since they seem to want to devote them all to straightforward action and romance. Unfortunately, for the sake of building up battles and putting Arya, Sansa, Daenerys, and Jon Snow in the spotlight, the puppetmasters pulling the strings have been cut off. The resulting simplicity is a blow to a longform story that likely wouldn’t have commanded this much attention if it had always been this uninterested in its undercard players. Stories as varied as Westworld, Avengers: Endgame, and Naruto bring in audiences with the sense of grandmasters playing 4D chess with the world. Exchanging that for easy thrills and sleight-of-hand tricks feels like a quick, boring victory after a long, worthy buildup.”

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Not sure what you mean w/ “yeah?”, but yes. they made it very clear. Littlefinger tells Sansa they will go back to the Vale if that’s what she wants, and she decides to go ahead w/ the brilliant plant of marrying into the family that destroyed hers to get revenge. 

I know. 

15 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/30/18522060/game-of-thrones-got-season-8-hbo-final-melisandre-tyrion-lannister-long-night-prophecies-tactics

“It’s ridiculous to expect the showrunners to devote any sort of time to developing their geniuses and prophets when they only have three episodes left, especially since they seem to want to devote them all to straightforward action and romance. Unfortunately, for the sake of building up battles and putting Arya, Sansa, Daenerys, and Jon Snow in the spotlight, the puppetmasters pulling the strings have been cut off. The resulting simplicity is a blow to a longform story that likely wouldn’t have commanded this much attention if it had always been this uninterested in its undercard players. Stories as varied as Westworld, Avengers: Endgame, and Naruto bring in audiences with the sense of grandmasters playing 4D chess with the world. Exchanging that for easy thrills and sleight-of-hand tricks feels like a quick, boring victory after a long, worthy buildup.”

Anyone paying attention since season Five knew there was no longform story being told. Only the hope that when the pieces were finally in place, by whatever screwy means necessary, they would get to George Martin's outlined ending and deliver. 

This is a false dichotomy they present: 4-dimensional chess vs. twists and shock. When Game of Thrones was good no one was pulling all the strings. Except Little Finger, but now we know he had no real plan. Even Tywin Lannister was taking advantage as things came up. 

Also, last season of Westworld didn't show a very good plan. 

17 hours ago, Knight ofthe Laughing Tree said:

Jon -- the way D and D wrote him - has been played decently by Kit Harrington - but seriously D and D are both such beta males themselves they must just get off in making him an absolute twat.  I get that he wants to honor his agreement - I mean sure, the armies did come to the North - so he wants to be honorable.  But all of it is just so fucking retarded.  How do they have any fucking armies left?  Why did we get only one episode of the White Walkers?  Why weren't any White Walkers engaged in battle? Brienne and Jaimie?  No, no, no, no, no, no, no.  This would never, ever, ever happen.  Jaimie would never be able to get it up with Brienne.  Ever!  I literally had to hide under a blanket during that whole fucking scene.  RETARDED.  WTH is Jon Snow still alive?  What was the fucking point of Jon being resurrected???  And when he died in season ... 6 (?)  why did he say when brought back, "There was nothing...." when we full well know that he was in GHOST and he was a wolf and felt like a wolf and came back after being a wolf, adopting wolf like characteristics, and then becoming a man again - making him even MORE into a Stark direwolf.  Why don't we have more confirmation - for HIM - of who he is???  Doesn't he find anything in the crypts?  Doesn't he make contact somehow with the Heart Tree of Winterfell? 

Nope!  Gotta make the girl the badass!  Probably had Kathleen Kennedy as a guest consultant on that screenplay - or Ryan Johnson - that's "R-I-A-N" Johnson.  I mean, I love Arya.  Love Maisey Williams and Arya in the books - but come on.  WTF????  The girls of Westeros blow.  Sansa is a bitch now.  Danny, I guess, has also turned "unstable" (?)  'Cause I guess in D and D's Westeros and Essos girls have to be all powerful or bitchy or raped or bisexual or "not ladies because that's not them" because I guess all that makes them complex or something.  And I guess the guys have to be whores without conscience or sacks of shit or beta males or males that women can easily spurn, or literally men without dicks.   

"Yes, Danny, I won't tell anyone (who isn't a Stark) who I really am."  No woman on earth would find that attractive.  "Yes, Danny, you are my Queen.  

Jon has been written as manly before. Last season, though the plot was idiotic and he at first appeared as a lunatic, he was strong and stood his ground, knew what he was about, had clear goals and ambitions, put himself in harm's way for Tyrion's stupid plan beyond the Wall, and she got to see him be heroic and learned he was immortal. Now, he's just a sad-sack. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole embrace and kissy-kissy by the fire wasn't a test on her part. 

8 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Missansei: "Our people are peaceful"

Also Missandei: "DRACARYS!"

:bs:

Oh I know. What they did to women in this episode alone is a travesty of epic proportions. Just when I think they can't make it worse, they do. This might have been the worst episode for female treatment on this show. And considering the competition, that is saying something.

4 minutes ago, Mystical said:

What they did to women in this episode alone is a travesty of epic proportions. Just when I think they can't make it worse, they do. This might have been the worst episode for female treatment on this show. And considering the competition, that is saying something.

I agree 100%. They have reduced the characters to one tone. Where are the shades. Arya appears to have reverted to no one or a nameless wandering womanchild. Sansa is baby LF. Daenerys is mad apparently. I dont even know what to think of Brienne, its very painful. Especially the Stark girls, they have seem to be losing all their qualities that may depict them as "weak" such as love, compassion, trust. After everything Jon did for Sansa her scheming againt his wishes , against the woman he loves ans helped them, is the fucking worst.

Archived