Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

12 minutes ago, Nami said:

It's annoying how they're getting so much publicity over this fucking Starbucks cup but not for their ridiculous writing.

Yeah, but can't you feel how the sand has shifted, finally.  How after the terrible dark episode 3 that made so much of the previous stuff instantly obsolete, followed by this dreadfully dumb and random episode, complete with coffee cup left in this most expensive of shows all through the filming and editing process...finally critics and fans are admitting that the show is not very good now.  Finally.

2 hours ago, divica said:

Is this interview true?

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27163860/game-of-thrones-season-8-kit-harington-critics-fk-themselves/

Because anyone saying that this season has decent writing or that ep 3 is something aceptable deserves a fuck you. It doesn t matter if the people involved in the show worked very hard if the writing is abismal. We end up with a piece of shit!

And if the people involved in the show care so much then they should have come forward when they read the scripts and saw that they were awful! 

This guy is so full of himself. Maybe try listening to critics for once? Gosh, if only people can get their heads out of their butts maybe everyone would be happy.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, but can't you feel how the sand has shifted, finally.  How after the terrible dark episode 3 that made so much of the previous stuff instantly obsolete, followed by this dreadfully dumb and random episode...finally critics and fans are admitting that the show is not very good now.  Finally.

Wait for the bells. People will go balistic...

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Nothing is done organically in this show. Everything is contrived.

Dialogue is for exposition or telling the audience what we should think about characters, which is often at odds with the way they have been written or portrayed.

Storytelling is about skipping the actual story elements for the sake of "shock and awe", at the expense of good build-up.

Character arcs are all over the place, always malleable so the shock moments are as surprising as possible.

It's sort of like how I imagine two penny dreadful writers would do trying to adapt War And Peace.

This is all it boils down to, Rhaegal could have gone down fighting Viserion but he literally only survived for the sake of a ridiculous shock moment to arbitrarily empower Cersei in a way that just makes you sigh. They've made the ballista into a weapon of mass destruction but they'll forget about it soon enough when it matters, then again they already did, Drogon's just sitting there in view of an entire wall of them. If they can hit a dragon a mile in the air flying at speed 3 times in a row there's no reason they wouldn't pin cushion him right there, but nah let's jump straight to not-Kingslanding for a ridiculous talking scene with no regard for getting there, docking your ships, protecting your dragon... or your own life. The writers literally do not care about how these moments happen so long as they happen. 

LMAO, I don't think that will happen, but it would be hilariously bad if it did.

The guy that leaked it seems to be the same that leaked ep 4 and has leaked other stuf before...

I admit that the person giving him the leaks is a bit stupid. I mean the ringing bells aren t because the monarch is dead? At least it was when joff died...

And that makes the whole leak even weirder! Danny hears cersei is dead and decides to fuck the people of KL?

Just now, Trigger Warning said:

This is all it boils down to, Rhaegal could have gone down fighting Viserion but he literally only survived for the sake of a ridiculous shock moment to arbitrarily empower Cersei in a way that just makes you sigh. They've made the ballista into a weapon of mass destruction but they'll forget about it soon enough when it matters, then again they already did, Drogon's just sitting there in view of an entire wall of them. If they can hit a dragon a mile in the air flying at speed 3 times in a row there's no reason they wouldn't pin cushion him right there, but nah let's jump straight to not-Kingslanding for a ridiculous talking scene with no regard for getting there, docking your ships, protecting your dragon... or your own life. The writers literally do not care about how these moments happen so long as they happen. 

They can t tell a coherent story where several big moments fit together.

We saw this in ep 3. They wanted jon to be unable to move so they had to use viserion instead of letting jon/rhaegal killing him.

Just now, divica said:

The guy that leaked it seems to be the same that leaked ep 4 and has leaked other stuf before...

I admit that the person giving him the leaks is a bit stupid. I mean the ringing bells aren t because the monarch is dead? At least it was when joff died...

And that makes the whole leak even weirder! Danny hears cersei is dead and decides to fuck the people of KL?

A lot of these leaks are co mingled now.  So I saw the leaks about Dany dying and Jon killing her or someone killing her after she goes full Hitler in KL, but until now never saw the bells.  It seems that people take one leak and then add their own stuff to it.

It still seems to be confusing what exactly happens in the dragonpit and if this is Tyrion's trial or a great counsel, but Dany going nuts because of bells, Id' say 99% that won't happen.

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It still seems to be confusing what exactly happens in the dragonpit and if this is Tyrion's trial or a great counsel, but Dany going nuts because of bells, Id' say 99% that won't happen.

Yeah, that would be truly super stupid. Therefore, it’s entirely possible. :D

A lot of these leaks are co mingled now.  So I saw the leaks about Dany dying and Jon killing her or someone killing her after she goes full Hitler in KL, but until now never saw the bells.  It seems that people take one leak and then add their own stuff to it.

The bells might be some signal they had agreed. Like when the bells rings it means we acomplished something so it is time for you to attack?

This actually makes a lot of sense. Like some people go into KL to kill cersei and control the gates. So when they ring the bells it means cersei is dead and it is time to open the gates and attack..

2 hours ago, Runaway Penguin said:

Instant travel to create fake tension.

All that "few days of rest" argument was utterly pointless without instant teleport (then again instant teleport makes it irrelevant as well). In a journey taking a month, taking 2-3 days rest to then march faster makes utter sense. And since Dany would also have to get her army to the White arbor, quite some way away, and then sail yadda yadda... Again, it would be a non-issue.

Instant travel leads to fake tension. 

Also while Dany definitely has some problems... Sansa just got full Littlefinger. It's not about her being not over the moon about the Dragon Queen... But after several repetitions of how the Starks have to stick together, she gets Jon to share his giant skeleton in the crypts and... She betrays his trust. Once again she blabs to a Lannister, this time with full knowledge of what it will start. Even Jon will probably be able to put two and two together, eventually, and I cannot imagine he would be happy about it. If he lives and does not sit on the IT, he would probably go into self-imposed exile behind the Wall.

Sneaky Euron, master shot with unique rapidfire ballista, is just... Ridiculous. Even more so than everyone teleporting. But the naval battle was even more ludicrous. One has to wonder why ships of the line would bother with broadsides of 32pdr and heavier guns when all it would take would be few ballistas, presumably manned by 20 good men. One would also wonder how Aegon was able to conquer Westeros with beasts so easy to shoot down from outside their engagement envelope.

I always assume those trips take a long time and we just don’t see them traveling. But it is cut and portrayed in a way it feels instant. 

9 minutes ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Must watch

Right?  They don't even care enough to come up with some type of semi plausible explanation after the fact.

She kind of forgot about the Iron Fleet, that has already totally fucked her up at least 2 times already, says the showrunners.  And so did everyone else.  Tyrion.  Grey Worm.  Varys.  Missy.

I don't have much sympathy for GRRM at this point, but this must make him cringe, seeth with rage and want to cry all at the same time.  To see these arrogant guys who don't care enough to even fake it anymore.  

3 minutes ago, Snormund said:

I always assume those trips take a long time and we just don’t see them traveling. But it is cut and portrayed in a way it feels instant. 

I think the bigger issue is not the timescale, they appear instant because no one talks about what a huge undertaking these massive trips are or anything like that, they simply leave then appear where they need to be without anything being said. 

18 minutes ago, Snormund said:

In the amount of time it took Jaime to travel from King's Landing to Winterfell, Theon from wherever that ship was to Winterfell, and the amount of time it took Dany's ships to get from the North to Dragonstone, Cersei's should have probably already given birth!

4 hours ago, A bowl of brown said:

I gotta say i dont really get the complaints people have with the laser guided ballistae. Surely when you're leaders a romulan youd expect at least some sort of alientech? Wouldnt make sense otherwise. 

The reasons brans always so distant is because he's trying to contact enterprise

Yeah but he's already got the Cloaking Device.  Heatseeking crossbows are OP.

11 minutes ago, Trigger Warning said:

I think the bigger issue is not the timescale, they appear instant because no one talks about what a huge undertaking these massive trips are or anything like that, they simply leave then appear where they need to be without anything being said. 

Exactly!  And, you know, some fudging on timescale/distances/travel would be fine and even expected in a show of this scope if they were mentioned at all.  But they haven't even made the tiniest effort to take those things into account at all-to the point of ridiculousness.

Along the same line, let's set aside the ludicrous ballista weapons and Urine's fleet's ability to hide behind a rock to jump out and ambush unsuspecting enemies for a moment to ask...how did they even know to be there at that time?  Maybe they had some scouting reports, etc.?  But, of course, nothing like that was shown because the interest here isn't to tell a story - it's just to shock and get done with the show they've been checked out of for years:rolleyes:

On 5/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, Oursisthechicken said:

Fuck you D&D!!! 

"Im no longer Gendry Rivers" this line is the biggest fuck you to the fans they've ever written, an error so simple it could´ve been solved in post production by having the actor dub the line, but they dont fucking care. This show has no heart, there is no passion in its making its a shitshow for people who watch it while glued to their phones to hashtag shit on social media.

Jon doesnt even pet ghost goodbye, just fuck off with tormund, you are good boy ghost you deserve so much better.

Sam: "hey Jon remember when you were LC and sent me to the Citadel to be maester and help the Watch? Yeah I instaed forsaken my vows fucked this girl and I'm gonna be a daddy"

He was asking for pardons for BOOKS and no thought to ask for one for that?!

Archived