Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

5 hours ago, Snormund said:

I always assume those trips take a long time and we just don’t see them traveling. But it is cut and portrayed in a way it feels instant. 

But that is the thing. If the trips take time, then all this "let's go immediately" vs. "Let's wait few days" becomes far less urgent. Hence fake tension.

8 hours ago, Gianna Dorenberg said:

Haha I think you're referring to the Burlington Bar people ? If so...2 thumbs up from me. They're such mindless sheep.

I honestly don't think those people understand what they are seeing and are only reacting to the camera.

1 minute ago, Nami said:

I honestly don't think those people understand what they are seeing and are only reacting to the camera.

The whole setup is completely unnatural.  I stumbled upon one and made it about 2 minutes before bailing.

10 hours ago, Nightwish said:

I totally agree it’s disappointing, watching all of these seasons and finally realizing that the initial characters became caricatures of what they used to be.

cersei should have been dead already. She doesn’t qualify for the ultimate villain. 

Bran and John proved to be a disaster. Because of them the Night king acquired the Dragon and passed the wall. What was this?

john’s identity was only for political play and to drive his aunt crazy. He doesn’t want the throne so after destroying  the wall and Dany Lol, apparently he is not needed anymore. 

The prophecy proved to be nonsense, we can all forget about it. 

Tyrion turned to be useless. We are still looking for his use. Even his jokes are not jokes anymore. 

Sansa was saved to become another Littlefinger, back stabbing the ones that saved her life. 

The night king came and finished in our hour, so long for eight seasons of anticipation. 

And Danys arc was all about going crazy after Westeros destroyed her with their nonsense, taking away from her all she held dear, without even a recognition. No breaking the wheel. Just taking her out of the way because John has a cock. 

Great lessons!

:cheers:

9 hours ago, divica said:

<snip>

I mean, how can a fan not even know the right bastard name gendry should have? hundreds or thousands of people watched that scene. Nobody knew? nobody cared enough to come forward and say that it shouldn t be his name? And this is a really small detail...

But he shouldn't have a name at all, not even Waters, because Robert never acknowledged him.

1 hour ago, dannyk65 said:

I figure she wants to piss off Dany enough that she burns shit with Drogon, unknowingly setting off metric tons of wildfire and taking the blame away from Cersei.

yes I think that will happen - it will be a frame job - and then dumb ol jon will kill her as he thinks she is now the mad queen.

this is a cruel joke!

What the hell was in the ale at Winterfell? Everyone dropped at least 10 IQ points.

Big dining room full of lads getting roaring drunk & loud. Yeah, this'll end well. As long as "consensual" means the same thing as "get her on the turps, boys, and even us old farts will look good to her."

Drinking games! Brienne to Tyrion: You were married previously. Tyrion to Brienne: You're a virgin! Gotcha, ya bloody cow! Jaime: You didn't drink! You have to drink! Damn these shirt laces anyway! (humming Just a Gigolo under his breath)

Jon - such a mensch, such a neurotypical, all the fellas love him. Sadly, possesses no clue about women. Sansa has at least stopped undermining his authority "en froont o his men." Aunt Daenerys, he can't, he just can't... Maybe there was an ancient Stark auntie, smelled like sour milk, had a moustache, gave him nightmares, who knows?

And speaking of those dreaded women! They say one thing, do another, get a whiff of power and think they have the right to run the place or something! Feminist conspiracy my ass. They couldn't run a lemonade stand together without ripping each other's hair out. At least Arya had the good taste to lurk in a backroom practicing archery instead of swanning around the banquet hall rubbing the fellas' noses in their own pathetic uselessness.

No verbal dick jokes; there's a mercy. Just Bronn with Chekhov's Overstretched Crossbow, and Euron with his hard-rockin', target-lockin', thunderbolt-shootin'... device. How do ya like me now, bitches?

Fratbro horseshit.

10 minutes ago, The Drunkard said:

Hey remember that time Stannis couldn't go back to Castle Black because then he'd be stuck there for years waiting for the winter storms to end and then within 2 episodes there was no bad weather ever again.

Yep and that turned out to just be a storm. So i guess the snow in kings landing at the end of s7 turned out to be a very minor bit of sleet too.

The lack of a real winter in this show is infuriating. The bad weather the walkers bought in ep3 is the closest thing we got to it.

3 hours ago, dannyk65 said:

She also dates/twerks/dryhumps the commander of the most violent, non-peaceful group anywhere!

Congrats on the bet....so are we going for drinks or what?  After reading what people are saying is gonna happen in the last 2 eps, I'll need a lot of drinks.

Hey, I only made 2 bucks. That's not even enough to start getting me drunk enough to forgot this mess. Sorry, you're on your own.

12 hours ago, Nightwish said:

cersei should have been dead already. She doesn’t qualify for the ultimate villain. 

You know, I think Cersei could be end-game or near end game villain, but not on her own. Team her up with book Euron and that could be a formidable force. All due to Euron and his eldritch fuckery, sure, but she could be in the mix to rain down her exquisite bitchery in the background. (and there's that pesky Aegon hanging about too added in the mix so that the kingdoms are truly fractured and crippled)

But since we don't actually have that complexity in the show .... yeah, it's laughable.

8 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I read somewhere that Lena Headey fought hard to change some things in the scripts, but D&D didn't agree with her.  She didn't want Cersei to have sex with Euron, because she thought it was out of character.  Even the actors are now rebelling against those two idiots.

It was out of character I guess, but at least she has a reason. Which is to trick Urine into thinking he's the father? Even though her affair with Jaime was public knowledge not long ago. 

We never see Cersei with anyone but Jaime and her cousin, who was a stand-in for Jaime, right? Not counting the fact that we know she was with Robert at some point. So that's unusual. But Jaime conclusively split with her for the first time last season, and now she's cutting new paths. 

6 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Totally weird coincidence buy I had very similar questions about Gendry pop into my head earlier. My question was more along the lines of did Dany unknowingly bump Gendry ‘Rivers’ (<_<) up ahead of her in the Westerosi line of succession? I am sure nothing about this will come in to play and will be lampshaded with only two episodes left.

Best season evah! 

That can't be the case, because in order to legitimize Gendry she'd have to be queen, and if we're going by line of succession, Jon is king and she is princess auntie.

35 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Hey, I only made 2 bucks. That's not even enough to start getting me drunk enough to forgot this mess. Sorry, you're on your own.

That isn’t enough for a Starbucks cup of coffee! :D

Story and sense? LOL

It's like they've said many times: We did this because we thought it was cool. They where there because we needed/wanted them there. They think "cool" scene to "cool" scene, what goes in-between and character reasons or physical limitations don't matter or are hand waved off screen. Shock and awe, subvert expectations.

Just like any cheap tv show, tired tropes, wild logic, nonsensical plot, etc from the adapters (not really creators). The justification that it is fantasy anyway.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:15 AM, Corvinus said:
  • And the ruination of Jon Snow and Jaime Lannister is now complete.

Damn, that's pretty good. I just quote the top of it as it was a long post. Yeah, the things I was thinking:

1. WHY CAN'T THE DRAGONS DO A SINGLE SIGNIFICANT THING?

They burned the slavers' fleet, but since then. Well, they saved some characters north of the Wall - but that seems like just an excuse to give the enemy the zombie dragon to take down the wall. The dragons could even kill zombie Viserion, who instead died like any other wright when the NK fell. The dragons couldn't kill the NK's lieutenants, forcing him to control the whole army on his own. They couldn't weaken the NK so someone else could take him down. They couldn't even slow down the enemy army - it was instead MELISANDRE'S fire that slowed them down, and I'm sure everyone wanted that instead of a wall of dragon fire, right? All they can do is die.

2. Hate the super-weapon ballistas. I have waited for two decades to see dragons dominate the battlefield, ever since reading the first book. But ballistas make all dragons worthless. Apparently it's very easy to shoot down a moving target in the sky. So how did the Targaryens ever keep their dragons alive in the past?

3. Poor Ghost. Poor all wolves. So insignificant. I understand CGI is costly, but we get hands touching dragons, but never touching the wolves? Why? Wolves are better than dragons - they don't get shot down.

4. Cersei hates, hates, hates Tyrion. She would have killed him instantly. ESPECIALLY after he killed her father with a crossbow. What a revenge it would be, to kill him with arrows too. There is no way at all Tyrion would walk up like that. This is not how you do parleys, by the way.

5. All the plotting starting right after the battle is unrealistic. Sansa doesn't NEED to plot against Dany. The North will be autonomous while it sits out the long Winter, and while everyone tries to piece the land together after the drawn-out war. Just send some taxes south as usual. Why do you need to start a war against Dany? For the sake of Jon who really, really, really doesn't want you to do that? Smart move to put him on the throne, then.

3 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

The North will be autonomous while it sits out the long Winter, and while everyone tries to piece the land together after the drawn-out war. Just send some taxes south as usual.

haha, you make joke.

Just now, Jarl Halstein said:

Why joke?

Just saying, winter in this show has been only talked about, not really shown. King's Landing looks fine, for example. At Winterfell, there's some snow on the ground. Isn't winter maybe over now, that the White Walkers are gone?

You know guys, I'm really sad that we'll still have to wait till Sunday/Monday for the next episode. I don't wanna wait that long to see how stupid and ridiculous the next episode can get.
GoT is the best comedy on TV right now.

Archived