Rant & Rave Without Repercussion [book and show spoilers]

2 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

And Mera has just vanished from the face of Westeros. Probably for the best. 

(God, they screwed the fantasy storylines so badly. I mean, they screwed up everything really badly, but they blatantly didn't care about any of that stuff in particular). 

They are doing GRRM a mercy... people could have forgotten about the books and remember the series only, but they are giving him the chance to be remembered as a fantasy author... even if he never completes the book series...

15 minutes ago, #FreeGhost said:

So you're saying that they actually even did at one point???

I honestly think they skimmed or didn’t read the books. They could have even read wiki asoiaf and they would be more informed

5 minutes ago, Ser Drewy said:

And Mera has just vanished from the face of Westeros. Probably for the best. 

(God, they screwed the fantasy storylines so badly. I mean, they screwed up everything really badly, but they blatantly didn't care about any of that stuff in particular). 

I agree. Everything that makes ASoIaF an amazingly beautiful fantasy story has been dropped, shat on and binned. 

3 minutes ago, Astromech said:

I just want to hear one "Dance, puppets!" from Bran.

Pppffft. If only! :D

2 minutes ago, divica said:

I am rewatching the ep on tv. Sansa revealing jon's secret is so evil. It looks so much like a betrayal out of jelousy against danny...

Never trust a ginger :) 

3 minutes ago, divica said:

I am rewatching the ep on tv. Sansa revealing jon's secret is so evil. It looks so much like a betrayal out of jelousy against danny...

Hey, D&D needed a significant reason for Dany/Jon conflict and POOF this is what we got.

1 minute ago, dannyk65 said:

Hey, D&D needed a significant reason for Dany/Jon conflict and POOF this is what we got.

sansa completly betrays jon beacause of jelousy, tyrion e varys sudenly don t like danny's violent tendencies and the ones who will suffer are jon and danny for reason that nobody understands.

we will spend and entire season without understanding jon and danny's relationship...

11 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

I am so dissapointed by Danys arc, they are squeezing her like an orange, using all of her resources to defeat Night king and Cersei, then put the blame on her for burning Red Keep and declare John on the throne. 

Well, if the crazy theories about the Night King using Bran's body to be reborn and raising a new undead army are right, all the people who cast off Dany and her dragons will regret it... :P

1 minute ago, Ser Lepus said:

Well, if the crazy theories about the Night King using Bran's body to be reborn and raising an new undead army are right, all the people who cast off Dany and her dragons will regret it... :P

Hahaha, that’s hope! Honestly if Dany is treated as that, they do deserve the Night King all of them!

2 minutes ago, divica said:

sansa completly betrays jon beacause of jelousy, tyrion e varys sudenly don t like danny's violent tendencies and the ones who will suffer are jon and danny for reason that nobody understands.

we will spend and entire season without understanding jon and danny's relationship...

Or Dany goes batshit, burns KL and lotsa people, beheads Tyrion and Varys and Jaime and then Jon whacks her.

The problem with Dany's arc is that she's acting the same as she always has, but now suddenly no one's okay with it. I always found it frustrating that Dany's disturbing behavior was depicted as "girl power" in the past, but now that doesn't even make sense in the show-universe. No wonder show-fans are so confused.

22 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

The problem with Dany's arc is that she's acting the same as she always has, but now suddenly no one's okay with it. I always found it frustrating that Dany's disturbing behavior was depicted as "girl power" in the past, but now that doesn't even make sense in the show-universe. No wonder show-fans are so confused.

The difference is, in the past she interacted with cartoonish stereotypes, while now she is interacting with characters who behave with some depth, more like real people, so we are aware of how annoying she would be in real life...

I have been saying she would have trouble in Westeros if she didn't change her behaviour since before the TV series started...

That said, that doesn't excuse the petty conspirators building their petty conspiracies even before the war is won...

5 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

The difference is, in the past she interacted with cartoonish stereotypes, while now she is interacting with characters who behave with some depth, more like real people, so we are aware of how annoying she would be in real life...

I have been saying she would have troubles in Westeros if she didn't change her behaviour since before the TV series started...

That said, that doesn't excuse the petty conspirators building their petty conspiracies even before the war is won...

Yeah, D&D needed to get to a point where everyone is afraid of Dany, so they just kind of had it happen without building to it.

29 minutes ago, divica said:

Yeah, Dany’s literal character assassination is awful, I’m thoroughly hating it.

26 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Never trust a ginger :) 

Spoken like a true... ginger? :P

Gingers and auburns and reds rule. It is known. :D

Also, here's another complaint: unless I'm forgetting someone, Sansa is the only (adult) character on this show that's never had consensual sex. The fact that feminine, meek Sansa was turned into Ramsay's sex toy, while "badass," warrior-like characters like Arya and Brienne were given long nights of passion, really speaks to the heart of how poorly this show portrays women. 

2 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Also, here's another complaint: unless I'm forgetting someone, Sansa is the only (adult) character on this show that's never had consensual sex. The fact that feminine, meek Sansa was turned into Ramsay's sex toy, while "badass," warrior-like characters like Arya and Brienne were given long nights of passion, really speaks to the heart of how poorly this show portrays women. 

I hear you. And the cherry on top is having Sansa say if not for mad creeps like LF or deranged psychos like Ramsay she’d still be a naive and gullible child. Rape and torture made her strong and BAD ASS. :ack: :ack: :ack:

10 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Yeah, D&D needed to get to a point where everyone is afraid of Dany, so they just kind of had it happen without building to it.

If she goes all fuck the innocents in kl next episode why not having them conspire after the battle? 

Jon will have to kill her at the end of the Ep? 

Jon's story seems so sad. He trusted his family and Sansa fucked him... Now he will have to kill the woman he loves because Sansa couldn t keep her word? 

15 hours ago, Mystical said:

"Jon seems to have completely shed everything Stark. He doesn't care about giving the Northmen some time to recuperate. He goes against his cousin. He rids himself of the literal Stark symbol. Ghost whining when Jon ditched him broke my heart. FU Jon. And the big insult, he left Ghost with Tormund instead of his Stark family like he did in S7. Jon is just annoying the hell out of me this Season. Get a spine for crying out loud, you've been utterly useless all Season. Apparently being Targ whipped does that to you."

Jon -- the way D and D wrote him - has been played decently by Kit Harrington - but seriously D and D are both such beta males themselves they must just get off in making him an absolute twat.  I get that he wants to honor his agreement - I mean sure, the armies did come to the North - so he wants to be honorable.  But all of it is just so fucking retarded.  How do they have any fucking armies left?  Why did we get only one episode of the White Walkers?  Why weren't any White Walkers engaged in battle? Brienne and Jaimie?  No, no, no, no, no, no, no.  This would never, ever, ever happen.  Jaimie would never be able to get it up with Brienne.  Ever!  I literally had to hide under a blanket during that whole fucking scene.  RETARDED.  WTH is Jon Snow still alive?  What was the fucking point of Jon being resurrected???  And when he died in season ... 6 (?)  why did he say when brought back, "There was nothing...." when we full well know that he was in GHOST and he was a wolf and felt like a wolf and came back after being a wolf, adopting wolf like characteristics, and then becoming a man again - making him even MORE into a Stark direwolf.  Why don't we have more confirmation - for HIM - of who he is???  Doesn't he find anything in the crypts?  Doesn't he make contact somehow with the Heart Tree of Winterfell? 

Nope!  Gotta make the girl the badass!  Probably had Kathleen Kennedy as a guest consultant on that screenplay - or Ryan Johnson - that's "R-I-A-N" Johnson.  I mean, I love Arya.  Love Maisey Williams and Arya in the books - but come on.  WTF????  The girls of Westeros blow.  Sansa is a bitch now.  Danny, I guess, has also turned "unstable" (?)  'Cause I guess in D and D's Westeros and Essos girls have to be all powerful or bitchy or raped or bisexual or "not ladies because that's not them" because I guess all that makes them complex or something.  And I guess the guys have to be whores without conscience or sacks of shit or beta males or males that women can easily spurn, or literally men without dicks.   

"Yes, Danny, I won't tell anyone (who isn't a Stark) who I really am."  No woman on earth would find that attractive.  "Yes, Danny, you are my Queen.  And even though I have a better claim - much, much better claim and we could just get married ('cause we're Targaryens), I will just bow to you and give you head while you rule."  When he left Ghost without so much as a scratch behind the ears, as my husband put it, I had to wonder why I was still even watching the show.  It's like such a train wreck you can't pull your eyes away.  I skipped seasons 4, 5, and 6, then went back and watched a bit of 6 - watched all of 7, but this is so, so, so bad.  Worse than the stupid Sand Snakes.  Worse than Ellaria Sand murdering Prince Doran.   Worse than the stupid "Yara" and her blatant dikish appetites.  Worse than "The Lady of Winterfell," "Queen of Mereen" and "Queen Cersei" and "Lady of Bear Island" "The Lady of Thorns" and all the other stupid twat girls that run Westeros.  Worse than the stupid Dothraki who look either Hispanic or Mid-Eastern or Mongoloid or Native American or Somalian, depending on casting that day.  Worse than the fact the D and D never gave us true Starks as the only Stark who ever warged was Bran.  Worse than the stupid casting of Jane Westerling.  Worse than the lack of horses all over Westeros - whenever there's any meeting or parlay or treating or anything to be approached with heraldry or pact-making they're always approaching on foot and we have to watch them walk for fucking ever.  Worse than the crap job they did of the Black Fish's meeting with Jamie at Riverrun.  Worse than what they did to Euron Greyjoy and the lack of Victarion Greyjoy.  Worse than the lack of a dragon horn.  Worse than the lack of Lady Stoneheart.  Worse than Winterfell being cleared of rotting zombie corpses in - what- less than a week (Jorah isn't rotting on his bier - nor Theon on his).  I could go on all day - what they're doing to Jon is sick.  THE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE.  And I don't give a shit of some people didn't like the whole R + L = Jon.  That was how it's obviously written - and the show obviously adopted this - so why don't we have a song of ice and fire?  Ghost is the heart of that.  Lyanna Stark - Rhaegar Targaryen  are the heart of that.  I don't give a shit  who's on the Iron Throne!  I want the essence of ice and fire. 

These last episodes are moving way too fast - there is no story at all in them - just move, move, move, get into final places everybody!  Horrible writing.  Horrible, horrible, terrible, bad, awful, ugly, bullshit, lame, retarded, retarded, retarded writing.  

1 minute ago, divica said:

If she goes all fuck the innocents in kl next episode why not having them conspire after the battle? 

Jon will have to kill her at the end of the Ep? 

Jon's story seems so sad. He trusted his family and Sansa fucked him... Now he will have to kill the woman he loves because Sansa couldn t keep her word? 

There’s nothing in Jon’s actions and reactions that support the idea that he loves his auntie. And there’s nothing in Dany’s actions and reactions that support the idea that she loves her nephew. 

The show runners/writers want us to believe that, yes, but as w/ so much else they have failed miserably at selling either idea. 

Archived