Strangest Possible Ending

On 5/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, PirateVergo said:

Trying to stay realistic I would say an ending where Young Griff on the Iron Throne would be the strangest one.

The throne will rule over an icey land.  It won't be much to rule over.  This is entirely plausible because Jon's show story is truly the story of book-Aegon/Young Griff.  And how stranger it would be if the lad turns out to be a son of Rhaegar, but with Lyanna instead of Elia.  

23 hours ago, OneFretfulTrout said:

the Deep Ones join hands with the WW. They help them to cross the sea to Essos

That's daunting.   I have pictured a less ambitious version, where the Others apply Cold to the sea to cheat their way around the wall by walking on the frozen waves to nab Westeros.   

If Deep Ones are a real thing, a faction, or an ancient force of nature that wades into this fight to make a difference, I'd look for the true meaning of "What is dead may never die" to be revealed, and in some other way than just Deep Ones teaming up with the Others.  Like.... imagine them sending a big F.U. to the dead legions by having tsunami waves crash down on them and sweep them away to sleep with the fishes.   Once the Others bust out of jail and breach the wall, the best plan B emergency backup jail cell for them is at the bottom of the ocean where the pressures of the deep can keep them irrelevant forevermore.   Though crushed, they could also remain sentient, which would lend credence to Patchface's warnings that hell awaits beneath the waves.  Ongoing, driven crazy, awareness.  That would drag on into eternity for the Others and their dead thralls.  Oh, to be fated for that end, and to know it in advance.  Patch.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:06 PM, Shara said:

Cersei becomes more reclusive as her paranoia increases and eventually dies alone - choking on her own vomit after a late night drinking binge.

I like Cersei as a character and this is magnificent ending for her. 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:49 PM, Tygett Lannister said:

I like Cersei as a character and this is magnificent ending for her. 

:D Some of the most unlikeable personalities make the best characters IMO - in fact, it would be a pretty dull story without them!

Or how about this one: Lady Ermesande turns out to be the reincarnation of the Night’s queen (her birth roughly coincides with the increase in missing rangers). Her husband Tyrek noticed that his wife was acting strange, therefore she disposed of him in the chaos of the riots. Killing her will put an end to the attacks of WW.

I always found this baby suspicious. She is always around when bad things happen. Also her name resembles Melisandre - and I don’t trust her either....

Daenerys ending up on the IT at the end would be the most horrifying way to end the series. If she doesn’t die by series end, which she likely will, her ending up on the Throne is the worse possible ending. 

"What is the most bizarre, horrifying, WTF-y thing that could plausibly end ADOS?"

Eddard Stark wakes up at Winterfell, turns to Suzanne Pleshette, and says  “Honey, wake up, you won't believe the dream I just had.”

Pro tip number 1 :

NEVER under estimate the power of THE GRRM.....

You think Tyrion is clever? 

GRRM made Tyrion. 

You think you care about the story?

GRRM made you care about the story.

What GRRM made you believe, GRRM will take what you believe away.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, Starkz said:

Daenerys ending up on the IT at the end would be the most horrifying way to end the series. If she doesn’t die by series end, which she likely will, her ending up on the Throne is the worse possible ending. 

I agree.

Daenerys doesn't even think about the Iron Throne anymore. She doesn't really want it.

When she goes to Westeros, her purpose for going will be to break the wheel, to break chains and to slay lies. In other words, to wage war against Euron, the Others and whatever conspiracy Varys is trying to hatch.

In short, I have never really thought that Daenerys was going to sit the Iron Throne. If she ever did happen to take it, she wouldn't be ruling for long because she'd get bored and find herself completely out of her element like Robert Baratheon. But unlike Robert Baratheon, Daenerys would just get up, pack up her armies (or whatever is left of it) and go do something that she found fulfilling and engaging. Like have babies and bake cookies.

On 5/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, SeanF said:

*SPOILERS*

You should read the show spoilers sticky, specifically:

This means that no show spoilers of any kind should be posted in the book forums. No hints, no speculation, nothing. Any breach of that rule will result in a suspension: no excuses and no exceptions.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, NonoNono said:

The Three Eyed Crow chose poorly by contacting Bran. Everything happened because Bran was bored being a cripple so he unconsciously changed the past to make his life a cool fantasy story like Old Nan used to tell him.

Oh shit. 

Archived