dany

I think she knew sansa was a bitch that would try to depose her.

Honestly, now I believe danny will want revenge against sansa because instead of simply marrying jon and ending the claim dispute, she will lose westeros to jon because all the lords will choose him over her. And despite him being a targ with a better claim it can t happen! 

For reasons!

Just now, azor_ahaiii said:

Dunno about selfless.. but she was right. And Jon was a dumbass yet again (but I'm glad he told her cause then the story would be boring)

he had to tell them. They were having a familly moment and that is simply who jon is. It would be weirder for him not to tell them.

1 minute ago, divica said:

he had to tell them. They were having a familly moment and that is simply who jon is. It would be weirder for him not to tell them.

A dumbass for trusting Sansa and for not learning the gift of silence from Ned

Jon is making a mistake and not learning from Ned in this aspect. Which makes sense to me. Jon doesn't understand how dangerous him being a Targaryen is. He doesn't know Sansa well enough and what she's become learning from Cersei, Baelish, and Ramsay, 3 people you DEFINITELY wanna imitate. :rolleyes:

It is pretty obvious that she isn’t willing to give up the crown like Sam asked Jon if she would.   She is now ambition driven and knows that Jon is better liked in Westeros than her.   She feels vulnerable.  She knows that if the Starks and The North know Jon has the better claim then they will follow him.  It is sad and tragic for Daenerys. After tonight I wish she had stayed in Essos and with Daario Naharis.   

He's been a bastard all of his life and now that he knows he isn't, he's supposed to pretend he is a bastard still. That's a pretty awful way to treat someone who is the love of your life. How does anyone get behind that romance is beyond me. 

17 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

He's been a bastard all of his life and now that he knows he isn't, he's supposed to pretend he is a bastard still. That's a pretty awful way to treat someone who is the love of your life. How does anyone get behind that romance is beyond me. 

Agreed.  Why should he have to deny who he is?  Her whole identity has been built upon being the last Targ and claiming the Iron Throne, and now she finds out she isn’t the last Targ, and what’s more, he has a better claim.  Dany is understandably unsettled.  But asking Jon to keep who he is a secret, that was just ugh.

2 hours ago, starklover said:

does anyone think that dany was acting selfless telling jon that he couldnt tell sansa and ayra about who he was?

She didn't want Jon to tell anyone, because she didn't want people questioning her right to rule. That's the opposite of selfless.

3 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

How anyone can like Dany’s character is beyond me. I can’t stand her or her ambition. Tonight’s pathetic appeal to Jon to keep his identity a secret really clinched it for me. I truly hope to see her go down hard and soon...

She’s a tragic hero. She sacrifices her army and her dragons to save the world of the living against the army of the dead and no one thanks her for it.

All her life she’s been trying to reclaim the throne and everything she’s done up to this point brought her to where she is now. 

How anyone can not appreciate her drive and love for her people is beyond me

1 minute ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

She’s a tragic hero. She sacrifices her army and her dragons to save the world of the living against the army of the dead and no one thanks her for it.

All her life she’s been trying to reclaim the throne and everything she’s done up to this point brought her to where she is now. 

Regardless of whether or not she thinks she'd be a good queen for her people, she doesn't want the throne because she loves them. She wants it because she thinks it's her birthright. That's why Jon's parentage is such a blow to her. 

Just now, Anthony Pirtle said:

Regardless of whether or not she thinks she'd be a good queen for her people, she doesn't want the throne because she loves them. She wants it because she thinks it's her birthright. That's why Jon's parentage is such a blow to her. 

It’s pretty much a blow to everyone in-universe should they find out. But I can empathize with it affecting Dany who all her life believed that apart from Viserys, she was the last of the Targaryens.

In a story where family and name is everything, it holds more weight to her than anyone of us can truly understand today. No one’s name really carries the same weight a Great House’s or royal’s name would in our own feudal era. We’re nobodies

4 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

I’ve seen quite a few of her fans mention the “sacrifice” she made to save the north, etc. she didn’t sacrifice crap. That wasn’t the North’s fight. That was a fight that was coming for everyone and if she hadn’t jumped in when she did, it would have come for her later and the threat would have been exponentially worse. 

The throne is not her birthright either. It would have been her brothers had he lived and now it’s obvious it’s actually Jon who has the legitimate claim and she still wants it. Screw her...

2 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I’ve seen quite a few of her fans mention the “sacrifice” she made to save the north, etc. she didn’t sacrifice crap. That wasn’t the North’s fight. That was a fight that was coming for everyone and if she hadn’t jumped in when she did, it would have come for her later and the threat would have been exponentially worse. 

The throne is not her birthright either. It would have been her brothers had he lived and now it’s obvious it’s actually Jon who has the legitimate claim and she still wants it. Screw her...

So you’re agreeing with me by saying that by jumping in when she did she in effect saved everyone? Awesome

Seems like you have this illogical hatred for her from what I’ve seen. Mind getting into why she gets under your skin?

20 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Seems like most people want something simple.  The truth is there is very much to admire about her. At the same time you have to ask why she has never questioned why she should be the queen, simply because she descend from a crazy king.  This is what real people are like. They aren’t simply good or bad. 

I wish things had gone differently between Daenerys and Jon.   Not a very convincible love story when she can’t even compromise with him by even suggesting they rule together.  Pretty obvious she only wants the throne for herself.  I thought it was pathetic her begging Jon not to tell anyone.  I hated that scene.  

Archived