dany

3 hours ago, Figdoni said:

So that just makes it doubly wretched of her to want Jon to give his true identity up, especially after years of being a bastard.

Dany is clear-sighted in this.  She trusts Jon, but doesn't trust others not to form conspiracies in his name.

38 minutes ago, Risto said:

Is it unrealistic? Tyrion's problems with Dany started long ago. Varys' also. And she made some rather problematic claims during that council scene.

I've been critical of Dany's behaviour at various points  of the series, but what choice is she left with, now?

She's tried negotiating with Cersei;  she's held off attacking Kings Landing, she's suffered huge casualties fighting the Army of the Dead, and she's got nothing for it.  So, torching the Red Keep is the only alternative left.  

17 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Maybe i’m wrong but from what i remember from the books all that Dany really wants is a family and someone to love and who loves her back, taking the Seventh Kingdoms wasn’t her main drive. 

She wanted to go home, a mansion in bravos with red door and lemon trees and such then she grew up and forgot about it and focused on her birthright; practicing and failing at ruling, using slaver's bay as her guinea pig along the way. She needed someone like Maester Aemon to guide her I guess, as he himself told so. She did her best with a pedo exile who fell in love with her :P

22 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Maybe i’m wrong but from what i remember from the books all that Dany really wants is a family and someone to love and who loves her back, taking the Seventh Kingdoms wasn’t her main drive. 

Yep. This is why I'm just rolling my eyes at what the show is doing. Thank god its not canon.

Olenna's speech to her is even better now in retrospect. Be a dragon. To think Dany was self aware enough to tell Varys not to betray her but to talk to her and what does he do at the first opportunity? Smh. She shouldn't have asked Jon to keep the secret. Let him be King. Jon always says he doesn't want to be any kind of king but is always "forced" into it. Let him deal with the politics and cutthroat lords and ladies, the advisors using him as a puppet etc. Sansa telling everyone is more to do with the North than Jon himself. Being part Stark she knows or at least hopes Jon will allow them to be independent or show them favor. She has an agenda. Dany should go back east and leave them to it. She lost too much in the West. 

41 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

That was her main drive only until Viserys got a pot of gold poured on his head. Then she started going throne-crazy.

55 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I've been critical of Dany's behaviour at various points  of the series, but what choice is she left with, now?

She's tried negotiating with Cersei;  she's held off attacking Kings Landing, she's suffered huge casualties fighting the Army of the Dead, and she's got nothing for it.  So, torching the Red Keep is the only alternative left.  

It's a no win situation. I am not saying that Dany is a villain, I am saying that whatever she does, she alienates herself from others. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. 

Just now, Risto said:

It's a no win situation. I am not saying that Dany is a villain, I am saying that whatever she does, she alienates herself from others. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. 

The only success she has had, fighting Cersei, is when she ignored her advisors, and burned a large part of the Lannister army.  Trying to limit civilian casualties has bled her forces white.  She could reasonably say of the human shield, like Henry V, "they are not there at my command."

7 hours ago, Green Knight said:

How anyone can like Dany’s character is beyond me. I can’t stand her or her ambition. Tonight’s pathetic appeal to Jon to keep his identity a secret really clinched it for me. I truly hope to see her go down hard and soon...

I think you will get your wish. I think she is being set up to fail. Jon is being set up to be lifted up. It may not wind up that way entirely. Everyone that loves and supports Dany is dying. Dany has no real family. Jon her lover/adversary is her closest living relative. Meanwhile, the Stark wolfpack remains strong and working together. Jon has their love and loyalty along with a lot of people he has led and saved. And then there is the North who will stand behind him. The rabbit is getting out about his true origin and no way in hell with the north follow anyone but him. Plus they won't take no for an answer from Jon. I love the character of Dany but I don't think she is set up to win here. Dany will either die or be forced to concede. She doesn't seem like the concession type.

1 hour ago, DanyDayne said:

Dany should go back east and leave them to it. She lost too much in the West.

What she should have done a couple episodes ago is fly to the Summer Isles with a barrel of Arbor Gold. Winter is coming? Not on this beach bruh.

Dany deserves so much better than these back-stabbing, conniving Starks (I can't believe I am saying this, but it's true).

All she has done to save their worthless asses, and all Sansa does is look to usurp her. Bend the knee and stfu.

It was rather selfish instead of selfless. She knows that Jon should be the king (not because he has a cock as Varys suggested but because he is the first child of the first child of Aerys). The Throne should be Jon's by birthright (the same thing that Dany has been shoving into everybody's throats for 8 seasons). She realizes all this but still wants the throne for herself. She doesn't care if a Targaeryen sits on the Iron Throne. She wants herself to sit on the Iron Throne. And no, she shouldn't be given the throne for free because she "worked hard and long" for it or because she "sacrificed" her army.

5 minutes ago, tallTale said:

Dany deserves so much better than these back-stabbing, conniving Starks (I can't believe I am saying this, but it's true).

All she has done to save their worthless asses, and all Sansa does is look to usurp her. Bend the knee and stfu.

Who is backstabbing who? Jon has a better claim. He is the male heir, he was born and grown in Westeros, and he is a good fighter who can lead an army unlike Dany could.

7 hours ago, Green Knight said:

I’ve seen quite a few of her fans mention the “sacrifice” she made to save the north, etc. she didn’t sacrifice crap. That wasn’t the North’s fight. That was a fight that was coming for everyone and if she hadn’t jumped in when she did, it would have come for her later and the threat would have been exponentially worse. 

The throne is not her birthright either. It would have been her brothers had he lived and now it’s obvious it’s actually Jon who has the legitimate claim and she still wants it. Screw her...

No, the Night King had no way to pass the wall. He needed that dragon. It was the North (John and Bran) that asked for her help. She should have heard her instinct and go for Cersei. 

Who is backstabbing who? Jon has a better claim.

Sure, if he truly wanted it, but the realm will go to whoever has the stronger army since they both have a claim.

he is a good fighter 

Who'd win in a fight, Drogon or Jon?

who can lead an army unlike Dany could.

How much more does Dany have to prove that she can lead armies? She went from nothing to commanding the Unsullied and Dothraki, and conquered Mareen. 

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

I don't know what their supposed "counselors" are expecting of her. 

Even Vary's saying he will support John is just plaid stupid. How is he going to support someone who doesn't even claim he wants to rule?  

Has John a better plan saving people and getting Kings Landing back from Cersei that I missed? 

Or are all going to wait so Dany takes the blame and then vote for John as a better ruler? 

Archived