Bittersweet Ending

After episode 4 its clear either Dany or Jon rules in the end but not together and one of them is definitely gonna die. If Dany dies, Jon will rule for better or worse, if Jon dies Dany will become a mad queen after all the trauma of losing the ones closest to her, paranoia of another living Targ with better claim who declined her affections and possibly burning thousands of Kinglanders. It seems to me former is bittersweet, latter is sad as endings go. The third option is Cercei defeating them both but that's a horrific ending...or a forth option: doom comes to Westeros and everyone dies :P So If it will really be a bittersweet ending... yeah. 

I actually think Jon finds a way to ride off into the sunset up North and joins the Free Folk.  It was heavily foreshadowed this episode, especially with Tormund telling him he has the spirit of "the real north" etc.  Maybe Dany lives and finds a way to rule without torching the entire city, who knows.  Either way Jon self-exiles himself to bury his Targ ancestry.  Probably more of a sad ending than bittersweet. 

9 minutes ago, Skills said:

I actually think Jon finds a way to ride off into the sunset up North and joins the Free Folk.  It was heavily foreshadowed this episode, especially with Tormund telling him he has the spirit of "the real north" etc.  Maybe Dany lives and finds a way to rule without torching the entire city, who knows.  Either way Jon self-exiles himself to bury his Targ ancestry.  Probably more of a sad ending than bittersweet. 

This is definitely possible. Arrya or Jaime kill Cersei which prevents Daenerys from burning kings landing. Daenerys gets ready to ascend the throne but the lords are wanting Jon Snow to be the leader since he has the better claim, is a male and is from Westeros. But Jon on the otherhand loves Denerys and sword fealty to her so to prevent another future war he decides to go north to live with the Wildlings where they make him the new king beyond the wall. I could enjoy that ending.

Probably though I believe that Cersei will be dealt with next episode and Daenerys will turn on Jon because he has the better claim and a the Lords and her advisors prefer Jon over her.

2 minutes ago, borwin said:

This is definitely possible. Arrya or Jaime kill Cersei which prevents Daenerys from burning kings landing. Daenerys gets ready to ascend the throne but the lords are wanting Jon Snow to be the leader since he has the better claim, is a male and is from Westeros. But Jon on the otherhand loves Denerys and sword fealty to her so to prevent another future war he decides to go north to live with the Wildlings where they make him the new king beyond the wall. I could enjoy that ending.

Probably though I believe that Cersei will be dealt with next episode and Daenerys will turn on Jon because he has the better claim and a the Lords and her advisors prefer Jon over her.

The final scene can be Jon reuniting with and hugging Ghost so everyone complaining he didn't pet him in this episode can feel better. 

1 minute ago, Ilissa said:

Nissa Nissa? It will not be a bittersweet ending. This is only bitterness.

Nissa Nissa is about The Long Night and Azor Ahai. That build up was botched in episode 3.

1 hour ago, Tyrion1991 said:

I think Jon is going to die but Dany has his kid and that’s the ray of sunshine that keeps her from going crazy. 

Yeah, forgot about the kid tho the show also forgot about it, no hint of pregnancy since the dragon pit.

Jon exiling himself, leaving Dany with an heir is possible then, it is bittersweet. But it'll be a bastard if they won't marry, last thing Jon wants is fathering a bastard :D

25 minutes ago, Nami said:

Nissa Nissa is about The Long Night and Azor Ahai. That build up was botched in episode 3. 

If Jon kills Dany, it will definitely be about Nissa Nissa. Just not the Nissa we were waiting for... 

2 minutes ago, Ilissa said:

If Jon kills Dany, it will definitely be about Nissa Nissa. Just not the Nissa we were waiting for... 

Nissa Nissa has to do with forging the magical sword Lightbringer, so Azor Ahai could end The Long Night. What do you mean?

34 minutes ago, Ilissa said:

Nissa Nissa? It will not be a bittersweet ending. This is only bitterness.

Way too late for any Nissa Nissa at this point. if anything on the show Gendry was Nissa Nissa.

I think the bittersweet part is quite simple. Dany and Drogon die and Jon becomes King. So Westeros gets the rightful King it needs, but Jon ends up where he never wanted to be, sitting on the Iron Throne, alone & miserable.

18 minutes ago, Nami said:

Nissa Nissa has to do with forging the magical sword Lightbringer, so Azor Ahai could end The Long Night. What do you mean?

I mean that the legend may look different in reality. If Jon is Azor Ahai, and he will kill the woman he loves the most, then she is Nissa Nissa. We always expected this could happen. But we thought it was for the victory over the Others. What if it was always a false path? The answer has always been on the surface, Martin told us in the second book what will happen at the end. But we did not see...

Archived