Bittersweet Ending

2 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

You know what the bitter sweet ending is?

Cercei remains the ruler of the seven kingdoms. And though heroes have tried to end her, "the world doesn't always be good".

The End.

Horrible, but with two episodes, a few unsullied, dragons falling like mosquitoes, and the odds heavily in favor of Cercei, this is the only ending I can see.

i fail to see the sweet in that

At this point I think the sweet part is just that humanity survives and the Army of Dead is defeated. The bitter part is that the war against the Dead doesn't have that big of an impact to unites the different fractions, and the war for the throne continues.

I guess that it was they are going for, with Varys continuing scheming, Sansa pulling a Littlefinger and Dany who does not seem to want to legitimize Jon.

Just now, Astrotherapist said:

I don't think that's clear.  The sudden legitimacy of Gendry by Queen Daenerys' decree may prove to be quite significant later after Jon & Dany die, or Jon goes into self-imposed exile in the far North.   Gendry's uncanny survival throughout a series which loves to kill off characters has always made him a dark horse in the running who is now catching up! 

Gendry always seemed to me a show only character(as in very different than in the books) who's been brought back by the grace of fan demand & memes. I don't think a satisfying ending's possible out of Gendry's monarchy. 

13 minutes ago, Astrotherapist said:

I don't think that's clear.  The sudden legitimacy of Gendry by Queen Daenerys' decree may prove to be quite significant later after Jon & Dany die, or Jon goes into self-imposed exile in the far North.   Gendry's uncanny survival throughout a series which loves to kill off characters has always made him a dark horse in the running who is now catching up! 

He actually has more right to be on the throne right now than Cersei....

Hey, if this happens, Arya could be his Kingsguard :) ... or Hand? :P 

Gendry is the only character on the TV show, other than Jon and Daenerys, who has Targaryen blood.  (especially since they killed off House Martell, which did have a smidgeon of Targaryen blood; though technically there should be five young Sand Snakes left, Oberyn mentioned eight daughters to Cersei; the younger five are probably forgotten by the writers).  Though I don't know if Gendry or the scriptwriters are aware of that....

I wonder if they r going to loose against cersei...

Jon gets take hostage and cersei demands dany for him...

Dany will accept this to prove she will make the ultimate sacrifice ...

Dany will see how much she has lost for the IT 

Can see her walking through KL

She proclaims her devotion to jon...'they will see you for what you are

Arya/hound intervene ...chaos

I think both dany/jon will survive together , destroy the IT and raise a family. The bittersweet is that they depart together

I think it would be somewhat bittersweet if everything would fall back to approximately the same situation where Robert's Rebellion ended, signifying that the inability to cooperate on Westeros is inevitable consequence of human nature, and history just repeats itself in spiraling circles.

Drogon dies early in the siege of Kings Landing, and the situation will worsen to the point where the rule of Cersei - seemingly - cannot be stopped. The siege fails. 

Daenerys will blame Sansa for creating squabble in between the fragile alliance, and kills her (or more probably kills Arya who goes after her to stopDaenerys' rampage). After this Jon kills Daenerys somewhere outside the walls to stop her madness.

Inside Kings Landing, Jaime smuggles himself through the tunnels (which were used to smuggle out Tyrion). In the throne room she confronts Cersei, who refuses to open the gates since the siege is staggering. Jaime strangles Cersei with his golden hand, thus reproducing the kingslaying act, but right after is killed by the mountain. The Mountain will be killed by the Hound after that, with the use of fire. Gates opened, Kings Landing falls in Jon's hands.

Jon refuses the throne. The throne - without a Targaryen heir - goes to Gendry, who is the closest to claim it as a Baratheon, son of Robert Baratheon. 

Jon goes North to grow old in peace as King Beyond the Wall with Tormund and the wildlings. Bran rebuilds the hole in the Wall, then settles into the cave
under the tree to dive deep into the past. Sansa takes Winterfell and mother stark children. Tyrion rules Casterly Rock. The hound gets Highgarden, as he
deems worthy and responsible after helping to retreive Kings Landing. The seven kingdoms get restored. Winter ends. 

Last scene: rambling group of wildlings far in the Land of Always Winter are encountered by white walkers, and gets slaughtered (just like in the first scene of the show & book), indicating that white walkers still lurk far north. Cut.

4 hours ago, Quillon said:

Gendry always seemed to me a show only character(as in very different than in the books) who's been brought back by the grace of fan demand & memes. I don't think a satisfying ending's possible out of Gendry's monarchy. 

Plus Gendry is surely doubling up roles as both himself and Edric Storm in the show.

Archived