Why are they plotting a coup?

So it’s become extremely apparent that the Starks and Tyrion are plotting to declare Jon King. This is clearly the main twist.

Iam truly lost for words. Sansa and Arya were genuinely all for not marching south to fight Cersei. After Dany lost Jorah and most of her army helping the living? Scum. Absolute scum. It’s beyond contempt. To have no empathy for somebody who has helped you and whose only condition was that you do something you wanted to do anyway.

Why are they making a power play? They’ve won. Winterfell is theirs and they’ve avenged their family. Putting Jon on the throne is a risk. What if Dany finds out? What if she doesn’t drop her claim quietly? That risks another civil war. All because you just don’t like somebody? 

18 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

So it’s become extremely apparent that the Starks and Tyrion are plotting to declare Jon King. This is clearly the main twist.

Why are they making a power play? They’ve won. Winterfell is theirs and they’ve avenged their family. Putting Jon on the throne is a risk. What if Dany finds out? What if she doesn’t drop her claim quietly? That risks another civil war.

Even if Dany is so many ashes on a Targaryen funeral pyre, Jon isn't going to want to rule. If he somehow survives her, he'll arrange to quickly put himself off limits somehow so that his would-be supporters couldn't promote him against his will. He wouldn't be the first Targaryen to do that, but he would probably be the last.

13 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Either this is going to be fake tension and everything will resolve itself ... or this will only happen after Dany is dead.

I don’t think so. Because then they wouldn’t need to plot. Everyone could just go full Lord of the Rings and wait for the convenient death to happen. 

I think they are going to confront Dany with a faeit accompli. Prove you are the Mad Queen and start another civil war or leave Westeros. 

But this has ruined Arya and Sansa for me. They have no cause to be angry at Daenerys. If it goes south they are entirely to blame for the consequences. It’s past the point of being edgy now and it’s pathetic for a supposedly mature character to behave like that.

17 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

I don’t think so. Because then they wouldn’t need to plot. Everyone could just go full Lord of the Rings and wait for the convenient death to happen. 

I think they are going to confront Dany with a faeit accompli. Prove you are the Mad Queen and start another civil war or leave Westeros. 

But this has ruined Arya and Sansa for me. They have no cause to be angry at Daenerys. If it goes south they are entirely to blame for the consequences. It’s past the point of being edgy now and it’s pathetic for a supposedly mature character to behave like that.

Sure they do. Dany is okay living a lie, and she has no honor.

As much as I can see the coup happening, it would mean Danny is going to die.

But then, how can we forget that Jon came back to life, and it seems that the lord of light only give you a time extension. 

Add to that the "Men of my family don't do well in the capital", and the fact he left ghost which always had a meaning in the show. 

I can't see a proper ending if the coup does happen.

But I can imagine Tyrion informing Danny of it... 

13 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Sure they do. Dany is okay living a lie, and she has no honor.

Yes it’s honourable to plot a coup against your ally who is the only reason you are still alive and sacrificed far more than any of your scum family. That is a betrayal of the worst magnitude. They are clearly in the wrong. Do you believe Barristan, Jorah and Missandei misjudged Dany?

I hope all the Starks die. It won’t happen. But I hope they do. I have lost any and all respect for them as characters. 

5 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

Yes it’s honourable to plot a coup against your ally who is the only reason you are still alive and sacrificed far more than any of your scum family. That is a betrayal of the worst magnitude. They are clearly in the wrong. Do you believe Barristan, Jorah and Miisandei misjudged Dany?

I hope all the Starks die. It won’t happen. But I hope they do. I have lost any and all respect for them as characters. 

I’ve never had any respect for The Dragon Lady and I’m all in for Team Stark so I guess it all works out in the wash. 

I can’t stand her and am looking forward to a coup if there is one. 

2 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Did Ned Stark have no honor?

Apparently so, because when you have a secret you should tell your whole family, regardless of how much bloodshed revealing such a secret will cause.

On a side note, I don't like how everyone keeps saying Jon will make a great leader because he doesn't want to be.  And how he is beloved by people and is a war hero.  You know who that sounds like, Robert Baratheon.  And while Robert might look like a good king in comparison to Aerys and Joffery, he really wasn't.  He avoided all responsibility and just left running the kingdom to his hand and council.

Just now, Green Knight said:

I’ve never had any respect for The Dragon Lady and I’m all in for Team Stark so I guess it all works out in the wash. 

I can’t stand her and am looking forward to a coup if there is one. 

I did have respect for the Starks. They’ve won. They have no reason to be picking fights with Dany who has not done anything to them.

So you want the Starks to go from being the honorbound clan trying to avenge their parents deaths and save Westeros from the Undead to a bunch of two bit lickspittle nobles no better than Walder Frey and his brood? 

Just now, Tyrion1991 said:

I did have respect for the Starks. They’ve won. They have no reason to be picking fights with Dany who has not done anything to them.

So you want the Starks to go from being the honorbound clan trying to avenge their parents deaths and save Westeros from the Undead to a bunch of two bit lickspittle nobles no better than Walder Frey and his brood? 

I don’t think not wanting another a mad queen on the throne classifies them as such.  

4 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I don’t think not wanting another a mad queen on the throne classifies them as such.  

Iam sorry. Iam sorry. You think Dany doesn’t have cause to be angry at Cersei right now?  Being angry when somebody cuts your best friends head off does not make you insane.

How is Arya not insane? She put a man in a pie and fed that to his father! Sansa fed a man to his dogs. These are two great hypocrites to point at Dany doing nasty things like burning Lannister soldiers...

7 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

Iam sorry. Iam sorry. You think Dany doesn’t have cause to be angry at Cersei right now?  

How is Arya not insane? She put a man in a pie! Sansa fed a man to his dogs. These are two great hypocrites.

No one has said she doesn’t have cause to be angry with Cersei, but that’s not the point here. The point is she would be a shitty queen and I for one would be happy to see her go down. 

I don’t care what Sansa and Arya did because the people they did it to had it coming. I don’t think the Tarly’s deserved to b burned alive though...

Archived