Why are they plotting a coup?

9 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

No one has sad she doesn’t have cause to be angry with Cersei, but that’s not the point here. The point is she would be a shitty queen and I for one would be happy to her go down. 

I don’t care what Sansa and Arya did because the people they did it to had it coming. I don’t think the Tarly’s deserved to b burned alive though...

How does Cersei not have it coming exactly? You are precisely saying that Dany being angry is proof that she’s mad. When in fact, Arya bakes a man into a pie and thats normal? 

She has conquered half the world and is in the process of conquering the other half. She would be an incredible Queen. Not a perfect Queen, but she would be a good one.

The Starks should be all for killing Cersei instead actively conspiring against their ally. It’s up there with Cat abducting Tyrion in levels of stupidity.

The Tarlys? Really? You mean the family that betrayed the Tyrell’s and joined an actual Mad Queen who murdered their liege Lord because they wanted power in the south? No. It really wasn’t. They were actual traitors. Dany has as much right lopping their heads off as Rob taking Karstarks.

51 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

I don’t think so. Because then they wouldn’t need to plot. Everyone could just go full Lord of the Rings and wait for the convenient death to happen. 

I think they are going to confront Dany with a faeit accompli. Prove you are the Mad Queen and start another civil war or leave Westeros. 

But this has ruined Arya and Sansa for me. They have no cause to be angry at Daenerys. If it goes south they are entirely to blame for the consequences. It’s past the point of being edgy now and it’s pathetic for a supposedly mature character to behave like that.

I always thought Arya would side with Dany but I guess shes turning out to be an annoying little Stark in the end. Daenerys is right to be pissed after what shes been through.  She is also outnumbered as a Targ and a woman in the north --- the best she can hope for is Grey Worm and maybe Jon and maybe Tyrion now that Missandei, Jorah are both dead. So she is losing her closest supporters. She should be pissed. 

1 minute ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Only some fans of the show dislike her. And Sansa. 

We haven’t seen anyone else 

Really? Have you been watching the same show I have? Cause it’s been spelled out pretty clearly that about the only people that like her are the ones that came over with her. That’s the whole crux of the matter...

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

Really? Have you been watching the same show I have? Cause it’s been spelled out pretty clearly that about the only people that like her are the ones that came over with her. That’s the whole crux of the matter...

Haven’t seen that explicitly stated by anyone. It’s been spelled out pretty clearly that the writers are TRYING to paint Dany in a bad light when she’s done nothing wrong and has been a good ruler for 7 seasons prior. 

In fact, it’s more that people are racist and didn’t like seeing the Dothraki and Unsullied that were of different skin color than them.

Which is absurd considering that in Essos they call her mother and considered her a divine saviour. It’s too sharp a contrast and it’s not adequately explained. The idea that nobody, even after she fought the Night King, would support her seems an extreme stretch of logic. 

1 minute ago, Tyrion1991 said:

How does Cersei not have it coming exactly? You are precisely saying that Dany being angry is proof that she’s mad. When in fact, Arya bakes a man into a pie and thats normal? 

She has conquered half the world and is in the process of conquering the other half. She would be an incredible Queen. Not a perfect Queen, but she would be a good one.

The Starks should be all for killing Cersei instead actively conspiring against their ally. It’s up there with Cat abducting Tyrion in levels of stupidity.

The Tarlys? Really? You mean the family that betrayed the Tyrell’s and joined an actual Mad Queen who murdered their liege Lord because they wanted power in the south? No. It really wasn’t. They were actual traitors. Dany has as much right lopping their heads off as Rob taking Karstarks.

You make a lot of assumptions that I never made. To start with where did I say Cersei doesn’t have it coming? Where did I “precisely” say that Dany being angry is proof that she’s mad? And you keep bringing up the fact that Arya baked a guy in pie as if that somehow absolves anything that Dany does - it doesn’t. One has nothing to do with the other. 

Pretty sure the Starks want Cersei dead just as much, if not more than anyone else. Doesn’t mean they want Dany to be the one to do it. And the Tarly's were not “traitors” to Dany. They were not pledged to her meaning they were merely enemy combatants. I think your blind love for the character is really clouding your judgement. 

4 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

Which is absurd considering that in Essos they call her mother and considered her a divine saviour. It’s too sharp a contrast and it’s not adequately explained. The idea that nobody, even after she fought the Night King, would support her seems an extreme stretch of logic. 

Not absurd at all. The North wants independence. They don’t want her. 

You make a lot of assumptions that I never made. To start with where did I say Cersei doesn’t have it coming? Where did I “precisely” say that Dany being angry is proof that she’s mad? And you keep bringing up the fact that Arya baked a guy in pie as if that somehow absolves anything that Dany does - it doesn’t. One has nothing to do with the other. 

Pretty sure the Starks want Cersei dead just as much, if not more than anyone else. Doesn’t mean they want Dany to be the one to do it. And the Tarly's were not “traitors” to Dany. They were not pledged to her meaning they were merely enemy combatants. I think your blind love for the character is really clouding your judgement.

You implied it when you started be usual waffle about her being mad that you people like to go on about.

So. Burning two high ranking prisoners of war, in the Middle Ages, is in your mind morally deplorable and a sign of insanity. But slaughtering an entire family, baking a man into a pie and feeding it to his father is just a dash of colour to the proceedings? These characters need a long look in the mirror before calling anyone else crazy. 

Because the Starks have barely mentioned killing Cersei this or last season. It hasn’t been important to them at all. All they ever do is undermine Daenerys and actively try to undermine her war effort. If Jon has not put the foot down they were all for abandoning any push on Kings Landing. They don’t care about it at all. 

Why should I mourn a cruel man who tried to murder Sam? People talk about him like he was Barristan the Bold? Is he some kind of surrogate Stannis for you people? I had no idea the trade in martyrs was so poor these days.

Iam allowed to have a favourite character that I’ve invested in. Why on earth would I want to nod my head approvingly as Sansa and Arya conspire to put Jon on the throne just so they can kick Dany into exile. Everything Dany sacrifices would have been for nothing. Honestly, Arya should just kill her and stop wasting everyone’s time. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

You implied it when you started be usual waffle about her being mad that you people like to go on about.

So. Burning two high ranking prisoners of war, in the Middle Ages, is in your mind morally deplorable and a sign of insanity. But slaughtering an entire family, baking a man into a pie and feeding it to his father is just a dash of colour to the proceedings? These characters need a long look in the mirror before calling anyone else crazy. 

Because the Starks have barely mentioned killing Cersei this or last season. It hasn’t been important to them at all. All they ever do is undermine Daenerys and actively try to undermine her war effort. If Jon has not put the foot down they were all for abandoning any push on Kings Landing. They don’t care about it at all. 

Why should I mourn a cruel man who tried to murder Sam? People talk about him like he was Barristan the Bold? Is he some kind of surrogate Stannis for you people? I had no idea the trade in martyrs was so poor these days.

Iam allowed to have a favourite character that I’ve invested in. Why on earth would I want to nod my head approvingly as Sansa and Arya conspire to put Jon on the throne just so they can kick Dany into exile. Everything Dany sacrifices would have been for nothing. Honestly, Arya should just kill her and stop wasting everyone’s time. 

I was going to go point by point but I’m too tired. Bottom line I will agree with you on is that we all have our favorite characters, so regardless, nobody is going to change anyone else’s mind.  

Oh, and by the way, I don’t know who “you people” are. I only speak for myself...

51 minutes ago, Bran the Shipper said:

On a side note, I don't like how everyone keeps saying Jon will make a great leader because he doesn't want to be.  And how he is beloved by people and is a war hero.  You know who that sounds like, Robert Baratheon.  And while Robert might look like a good king in comparison to Aerys and Joffery, he really wasn't.  He avoided all responsibility and just left running the kingdom to his hand and council.

Robert's shortcomings doesn't apply to Jon tho, Jon doesn't have a reputation for drinking, whoring & escaping responsibility.

His shortcomings are that he's gullible(a lot more so than in the books, he can even be counted smart in the books lol) and he might be too "just" for ruling tho not as bad as Stannis would have been.

I don't think it's obvious yet which direction Tyrion will go. However, I do totally understand why Sansa and company don't trust Dany. There is no shortage of bad blood and mistrust between the Starks, the Targaryens, and the Lannisters. It doesn't surprise me that any of them would rather not see the other in power. 

Anyway, I'm sure it'll all sort itself out in a couple of episodes. :)

4 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

I was going to go point by point but I’m too tired. Bottom line I will agree with you on is that we all have our favorite characters, so regardless, nobody is going to change anyone else’s mind.  

Oh, and by the way, I don’t know who “you people” are. I only speak for myself...

Iam not distinguishing between the heads of the hydra. 

Archived