Euron

hallam

Euron's role seems like it is coming to an end. He brought Cersei her army, he killed a dragon, what more can he really do as such a late addition minor character...

I say he dies this episode, maybe taking out a major-ish character.

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

Euron's role seems like it is coming to an end. He brought Cersei her army, he killed a dragon, what more can he really do as such a late addition minor character...

I say he dies this episode, maybe taking out a major-ish character.

I also think that's why he's there. He gets pissed at Cersei because she fooled her about the baby. She may try and kill Cersei but Jaime intervenes and Euron kills him instead only for someone else to get Cersei.

2 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Yeah, the wine thing had a very different meaning in that meeting. It had nothing to do with the baby. Tyrion deduced Cersei was pregnant from the things she was saying and from her touching her belly while talking about her family and the future.

Cersei didn't drink wine because she doesn't trust Tyrion. That simple. Tyrion poured it, so she refused to drink it.

Ok.  We disagree.

23 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Ok.  We disagree.

well fetal alcohol syndrome would just not be on the radar in such a context so no reason not to drink because of pregnancy. Rather the reason to not drink is because your bitter enemy just poured you wine and you believe he is capable of poisoning it.

33 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

well fetal alcohol syndrome would just not be on the radar in such a context so no reason not to drink because of pregnancy. Rather the reason to not drink is because your bitter enemy just poured you wine and you believe he is capable of poisoning it.

Cersei did not explicitly state her reason for not drinking so the point remains open to interpretation. 

I have never believed that Cersei is pregnant but for sake of argument, let's agree she is.  At this point in the story, I have a hard time thinking this pregnancy means anything at all. 

Jaime
If it is Jaime's baby, so what?  We have seen these before. 

Urine
For Urine to erupt in a murderous rage, we would have to believe that he is deeply, passionately love with Cersei, and I don't think anyone thinks that.  Or Urine will become murderous  because Cersei has cheated on him.  I personally believe Urine's interest in Cersei has more to do with being rich and in charge, rather than who slept with who.

Because Urine/Cersei die, this possible baby may be a story line that is dropped. 

Qyburn/Others
Who cares if Cersei is pregnant because she slept with somebody else.  Qyburn?  The Mountain? I cannot see how, at this point in the story, this baby, real or not, has any bearing on the story.  It may have, in a book but not in 2 eps to go.

I’d love to see Euron confront Cersei over the pregnancy revelation Tyrion dropped, but they’ve made him so damned stupid that I’m not even sure he knows where babies come from. 

IMO the show has butchered the Iron Born  plotlines just as badly as they butchered Dorne, and I wish they’d just left Euron out altogether and replaced him with someone else. 

11 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

I have never believed that Cersei is pregnant but for sake of argument, let's agree she is.  At this point in the story, I have a hard time thinking this pregnancy means anything at all. 

Jaime
If it is Jaime's baby, so what?  We have seen these before. 

Urine
For Urine to erupt in a murderous rage, we would have to believe that he is deeply, passionately love with Cersei, and I don't think anyone thinks that.  Or Urine will become murderous  because Cersei has cheated on him.  I personally believe Urine's interest in Cersei has more to do with being rich and in charge, rather than who slept with who.

Because Urine/Cersei die, this possible baby may be a story line that is dropped. 

Qyburn/Others
Who cares if Cersei is pregnant because she slept with somebody else.  Qyburn?  The Mountain? I cannot see how, at this point in the story, this baby, real or not, has any bearing on the story.  It may have, in a book but not in 2 eps to go.

Possible of course Cersei will actually kill the baby for blood magic (as Dany did way back) in order to pay for the life of someone or something else. Maybe she wants a dragon of her own.

On 5/7/2019 at 12:55 AM, nyser1 said:

Cersei has been built up for so long and Euron has had such a minor role. He will die next episode. 

Really hope you are right, this 80's reject needs to die ASAP. They made a total mockery of Euron with this portrayal.

He could've been an interesting character, with the Horn, the creepy crew and the R'hllor priest. Sadly, he's now just a caricature villain. Might have made him killing Rhaegal more believable if he used said Horn or some kickass magic (mist, storms). 

9 hours ago, MagicPen said:

Really hope you are right, this 80's reject needs to die ASAP. They made a total mockery of Euron with this portrayal.

Did he not say he was going to make Ramsay look like a joke or something. What a disappointment,

3 hours ago, Moseh Khayim said:

He could've been an interesting character, with the Horn, the creepy crew and the R'hllor priest. Sadly, he's now just a caricature villain. Might have made him killing Rhaegal more believable if he used said Horn or some kickass magic (mist, storms). 

Agreed, more book Euron would've been a lot better. Instead we get a character you see in those horrible direct to DVD movies with Euron as his name.

I deeply disliked book Euron, he was too cartoonishly evil, and show Euron is even more superficial.  If he was going to be used to even up Dany and Cersei's forces and get to kill a dragon he should have had a larger part, more detail on his back story and his goals beyond fuck the queen and be king, and should have gotten better lines. 

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I deeply disliked book Euron, he was too cartoonishly evil, and show Euron is even more superficial.  If he was going to be used to even up Dany and Cersei's forces and get to kill a dragon he should have had a larger part, more detail on his back story and his goals beyond fuck the queen and be king, and should have gotten better lines.  

Show euron has no reason to join cersei and fight against 3 dragons...

Besides not sounding like some idiot they should have had euron going to valyria in the past and returning with the horn and lots of valyrian things… That would give him a shot at dealing with the dragons and make him apear special and misterious enough to be taken as a threat.

Hell, he should just have killed cersei when he returned with the GC and named himself king. That would start to sound a lot more like tolkien...

On 5/8/2019 at 9:03 PM, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I’d love to see Euron confront Cersei over the pregnancy revelation Tyrion dropped, but they’ve made him so damned stupid that I’m not even sure he knows where babies come from. 

IMO the show has butchered the Iron Born  plotlines just as badly as they butchered Dorne, and I wish they’d just left Euron out altogether and replaced him with someone else. 

They should have never dropped the miscarriage plotline.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:45 AM, hallam said:

I am getting the feeling that the end of Cersei might not be the end of the war.

Cersei has told Jamie and Euron she is pregnant and the child is theirs. What if she isn't and Euron finds out she is infertile? Euron is easily as nuts as Cersei ever was.

Another thing to consider here is that we have a Jon/Dany King/Queen in own right match and a Euron/Cersei matchup. 

Can't help thinking though that maybe Varys is right and what ends the war is the people switch sides and go for Jon over the mad queen.

I'm tinfoiling that Euron will kill Cersei and so fulfill the Valonqar prophecy.  For the reason that you mention.

Not sure how he gets past the Mountain or away from the Iron Fleet, which I suspect will get hit hard during the battle.

Archived