Euron

hallam

On 5/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, tallTale said:

My guess:

we see the return of the Dornish fighting along with Drogon in a  devastating surprise attack on Euron. GoT has taught us over and over, don’t fuck with the dragon queen.

I like this guess.  :)  Because I too think something like this will happen.  The Dornish arrive, Drogon starts to burn the Aegis anti-aircraft ships, and Yara's fleet appears and wreaks havoc.  Or, more appropro, Drogon and Dany distract Euron and allow Yara to attack the Aegis ships. Then Drogon and Dany have a free hand to light up the rest of the Iron Fleet.

We only saw about 12 Scorpion-armed ships in "1,000-ship" Iron Fleet.

20 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

I'm tinfoiling that Euron will kill Cersei and so fulfill the Valonqar prophecy.  For the reason that you mention.

Not sure how he gets past the Mountain or away from the Iron Fleet, which I suspect will get hit hard during the battle.

I thought that since Euron had been to Valyria he might be Valonqar. But he isn't the youngest brother in books or show. And I rather get the feeling that his role is vastly expanded in the show to take the fAegon plotline. 

6 minutes ago, hallam said:

I thought that since Euron had been to Valyria he might be Valonqar. But he isn't the youngest brother in books or show. And I rather get the feeling that his role is vastly expanded in the show to take the fAegon plotline. 

Yeah, he isnt the youngest brother.   That's true.  Is a Valonqar the youngest brother/sister?  or just a younger brother/sister?

He seems to have some big roles coming up in the books.  So far in the books Victarion has done more on page.

(In the books, I've thought that Littlefinger might be the Valonqar)

Just now, Tywin Tytosson said:

Yeah, he isnt the youngest brother.   That's true.

He seems to have some big roles coming up in the books.  So far in the books Victarion has done more on page.

I think he has 'a' big role. Whether he survives it is another matter. Just seems to me that book Euron is the sort of character GRRM creates by the dozen and then discards. He has stayed on in the show because they prefer not to create new ones unless they are aggregating several from the books.

So I can't see Euron being the book Cersei killer. He doesn't even appear till late on. Has to be Jamie, the Hound or Danny.

58 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

I'm tinfoiling that Euron will kill Cersei and so fulfill the Valonqar prophecy.  For the reason that you mention.

Not sure how he gets past the Mountain or away from the Iron Fleet, which I suspect will get hit hard during the battle.

Euron is a minor character in the show. 

If those terrible leaks are untrue, then Cersei is dying by Jaime or Arya 

37 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Is a Valonqar the youngest brother/sister?  or just a younger brother/sister?

It's just a younger brother or sister.

We are led to believe its Tyrion as this is what Cersei believes, so i thought it would be Jaime (with him being the younger twin). but doesnt the prophecy say, "when you have no more tears to spill, the valonqar will wrap his cold hands around your neck".. This kinda rules out Jaime as he's only got one hand... i always imagined it was an undead jaime because they use the word cold, but the show has ruined that theory for me. 

The show does not tell us the end of the prophecy only up to "gold shall be their shrouds" so it could be anyone, in anyway. 

It would be poetic if she died like her mother did giving birth to a dwarf, but i dont think she's pregnant in the show, i think its all a ruse to trick those around her in supporting her claim to the iron throne. 

I hope we get to see Euron eaten by drogon, a nasty way to go, but he deserves it after killing Rhaegal. 

46 minutes ago, Flightless bird said:

It's just a younger brother or sister.

We are led to believe its Tyrion as this is what Cersei believes, so i thought it would be Jaime (with him being the younger twin). but doesnt the prophecy say, "when you have no more tears to spill, the valonqar will wrap his cold hands around your neck".. This kinda rules out Jaime as he's only got one hand... i always imagined it was an undead jaime because they use the word cold, but the show has ruined that theory for me. 

The show does not tell us the end of the prophecy only up to "gold shall be their shrouds" so it could be anyone, in anyway. 

True.  I like to think that it will be Nymeria.  But how that could happen I do not know.

Or maybe Cersei lives.

It would be poetic if she died like her mother did giving birth to a dwarf, but i dont think she's pregnant in the show, i think its all a ruse to trick those around her in supporting her claim to the iron throne. 

I agree with this - Cersei is just using it as a ruse to keep first Jamie and then Euron under her thumb.

I hope we get to see Euron eaten by drogon, a nasty way to go, but he deserves it after killing Rhaegal. 

Oh absolutely.  Yara owes her uncle, as well.

I don't see the Euron-as-Valonquar whatsoever. The show has already pissed all over any kind of prophecy (to be fair, I guess the devil's advocate would insist that Old Maggy's the only prophet who counts). More importantly, surely the Valonquar, if it happens, will be something Martin penned, not DnD's studderting creation. In Martin-verse, Euron is older than Victarion and Aeron, right? Since the show basically smashed Victarion's absurd pirate-ness into Evil Euron to make the show's Hot Topic version, I don't think he makes any sense at all in regard to the prophecy.

I don't think the show would bother to rescue Yara/Asha and let Euron live to presumably to capture/kill her yet again. He dead. Hell, I don't know, it's so absurdly nonsensical at this point maybe he does sail off into the sunset and DnD just hope we all forgot about Yara like we did with the Vale, the Riverlands, Essos, Highgarden, etc etc.

Archived