Euron

hallam

If Jon didn't get to kill the Nightking, then I can't see how Yara "must" kill Euron.
By this stage, I think that Daenerys killing him makes more sense than Yara, as revenge for Rhaegal. 

But he will probably die from someone unexpected because, you know, so they can subvert our expectations...

My money is on Hotpie. 

25 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

If Jon didn't get to kill the Nightking, then I can't see how Yara "must" kill Euron.
By this stage, I think that Daenerys killing him makes more sense than Yara, as revenge for Rhaegal. 

But he will probably die from someone unexpected because, you know, so they can subvert our expectations...

My money is on Hotpie. 

Lol Queborn kills him accidentally with the scorpion... “oops it seems Euron will no longer be with us your majesty”.

Jon's win list;

• Clubfoot Karl
  • Magnar of the Thenn
  • Janos Slynt
  • Unknown White Walker A
  • Ramsay Snow 
  • Unknown White Walker B

Euron Greyjoy perfectly fits in this list. They need to give this win to Jon after giving Night King to Arya.

Who they can give to Jon in these 2 episodes?

• Cersei? No, killing a woman is not nice, and Cersei was on Arya's list for a long time.
  • Harry Strickland, Commander of the Golden Company? Not bad, but still it's not as big as killing Euron.
  • The Mountain? No, that belongs to the Hound.

So it's either Euron or Harry.

9 hours ago, maiden of tarth said:

Really? With Cersei? What episode was that? 

She was supposed to have miscarried in the finale after Jaime left and the snows began to fall. The entire season's spoilers were leaked and that was a key aspect of the final episode.

When they decided to drop it, a lot of people (myself included) just assumed that they had decided to push the miscarriage into season 8. You know, to actually give Lena Headey something to do.

2 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I don't see the Euron-as-Valonquar whatsoever. The show has already pissed all over any kind of prophecy (to be fair, I guess the devil's advocate would insist that Old Maggy's the only prophet who counts). More importantly, surely the Valonquar, if it happens, will be something Martin penned, not DnD's studderting creation. In Martin-verse, Euron is older than Victarion and Aeron, right? Since the show basically smashed Victarion's absurd pirate-ness into Evil Euron to make the show's Hot Topic version, I don't think he makes any sense at all in regard to the prophecy.

I don't think the show would bother to rescue Yara/Asha and let Euron live to presumably to capture/kill her yet again. He dead. Hell, I don't know, it's so absurdly nonsensical at this point maybe he does sail off into the sunset and DnD just hope we all forgot about Yara like we did with the Vale, the Riverlands, Essos, Highgarden, etc etc.

In the Martinverse, Euron is still the younger brother of Balon. Plus, Quellon Greyjoy (their father) had other wives/concubines and other children. While Balon still could have well been the oldest, there still could have been space between Balon and Euron. Other children could have been born.

Whatever the case, Euron is still technically a valonqar. So are Theon, Aeron, Victarion and Asha. So, if Cersei knows what's good for her, she'll stay far away from the Greyjoy family. But because we all know Cersei doesn't know what's good for her, she's doomed. If she manages to escape Varys in King's Landing when Aegon comes knocking, she's not escaping Euron.

Meh, that's tenuous at best. A prophecy involving anyone in the world with at least one older sibling isn't exactly a bold prophecy. I would think Maggy's words would infer the youngest, and our minds would tend to agree with her lifelong suspicion that it would thus be Tyrion. Jaime as the little brother makes a bit of sense only because they were twins and he's explicitly mentioned as coming out after her; thus his, um, sororicide might be a big 'twist' for both book and show, even though we all might put greater odds on Jaime than Tyrion.

Honestly, regardless of who kills her, I think the shows are largely ignoring the prophecy. I think Headey-Cersei's days of crying are over  - "When your tears have drowned you" seems unlikely in the next two episodes. What else is she going to cry for? I think her death in Martin-verse will be more tragic than what's going to happen one of the next two Sundays.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:06 AM, Faera said:

I don’t even believe Cersei is pregnant anymore. The whole scene with Gilly demonstrates that enough time has passed that she should be showing.

That said I agree that this is probably all building up to everyone rallying behind Jon. He loves Dany so much yet clearly hates the south... so obviously he’ll lose Dany AND be forced to be King.

And Sansa will be thrilled.

How do you force him to be king? Don't you think that if he loses Dany he'll have no taste for sitting in her chair?

8 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

My money is on Hotpie. 

Yes!  Go Hotpie!  :thumbsup:

I hope that we get to see Hotpie this season, but I doubt that we will.

30 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

How do you force him to be king? Don't you think that if he loses Dany he'll have no taste for sitting in her chair?

You hold a Great Council and acclaim him King.  Jon's (Aegon's) sense of duty should compel him to assume the throne.  For the good of the realm.   If necessary, have someone Jon trusts convince him to accept the crown.  Enter one Samwell Tarly.

7 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

Jon's win list;

• Clubfoot Karl
  • Magnar of the Thenn
  • Janos Slynt
  • Unknown White Walker A
  • Ramsay Snow 
  • Unknown White Walker B

Euron Greyjoy perfectly fits in this list. They need to give this win to Jon after giving Night King to Arya.

Who they can give to Jon in these 2 episodes?

• Cersei? No, killing a woman is not nice, and Cersei was on Arya's list for a long time.
  • Harry Strickland, Commander of the Golden Company? Not bad, but still it's not as big as killing Euron.
  • The Mountain? No, that belongs to the Hound.

So it's either Euron or Harry.

In the immortal words of Bran the Omni-Whatchamacallit, what makes you think there's going to be any afterwards—er um, I mean any more kills given to Jon?

1. Maybe he takes out Aaron Rodgers because he's wearing a red shirt.
  2. Maybe he kills the raven carrying Qyburn's remote-control box for the Mountain That Zombies.
  3. Maybe blinded by all the fire and blood, he accidentally charges into clump of cowering smallfolk children and tramples them all to death.
  4. Maybe one of those pedestrians he just accidentally trampled to death turns out to have been Grey Worm trying to rescue the children.
  5. Maybe he has to put down his horse with a broken leg after that tragic accident they've all just had.
  6. Maybe without his horse to guide him he then trips and falls into a moat of wildfire, Gollum-style.
  7. Maybe he simply doesn't add any more kill-notches to Longclaw at all, or at least none that he'll be proud to admit to.

12 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

You hold a Great Council and acclaim him King.  Jon's (Aegon's) sense of duty should compel him to assume the throne.  For the good of the realm.   If necessary, have someone Jon trusts convince him to accept the crown.  Enter one Samwell Tarly.

No way. If Dany were there he'd want to be with her, but without her he's lost and gone forever. Love is the death of duty.

14 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Don't discount Jon's sense of duty.  He has chosen duty over love before.

Does that sound like a bittersweet ending to you?  Feels a bit underwhelming to me. Kinda depressing maybe.

I'm pretty sure that no matter who lives and who dies—or even who dies but gets resurrected again right afterwards—that neither Jon nor Dany is going to sit upon the Iron Throne in the end. Both will have been too thrawn by it all, just as Frodo was too injured in spirit by what all he had to do.

5 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

In the immortal words of Bran the Omni-Whatchamacallit, what makes you think there's going to be any afterwards—er um, I mean any more kills given to Jon?

Considering that there will be a bittersweet ending like LotR. 

6 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I agree but this is one of the directions the writing seems to be taking this. The only other idea would be if he rejoins the Nights Watch (if it still exists) or maybe the Kingsguard? That way he can get out of being a pawn in political intrigue.

2 hours ago, Erkan12 said:

Considering that there will be a bittersweet ending like LotR. 

Well this has been debunked already. We're not heading towards bittersweet anymore, we're heading towards full blown tragic. 

Hi all,new to this forum so pls forgive me if I don’t follow the etiquette. I have this theory that I want to share and possibly be corrected on. Right here I go, Yara rushed off supposedly to get the Iron Islands back, but has she ever backed away from a fight? Also, the iron borne motto of “we do not sow” could she possibly going to get the throne herself? Another big thing is their banner being a Kracken! Is it possible she calls upon a Kraken in the finale? Your thoughts please? Am I completely wrong on this?

34 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Well this has been debunked already. We're not heading towards bittersweet anymore, we're heading towards full blown tragic. 

How so?

1 minute ago, Erkan12 said:

How so?

We're already past the point of having a bittersweet ending, even in the unlikely event of everything in E5 and E6 working out for the best. 

4 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

We're already past the point of having a bittersweet ending, even in the unlikely event of everything in E5 and E6 working out for the best. 

I don't see how.

Jorah and Theon's death was expected, missandei's death was necessary, Lords of Westeros wouldn't like a foreign former slave ordering them around.

Archived