What if Arya isn't going south to kill Cersei?

1 hour ago, BlueNightzx said:

Everybody hates Dany

I should make myself clear by saying I emphatically do not hate Dany and don't particularly want what I suggested to be true. I just found it suspicious that the first thing Arya did is head south immediately after learning about Jon's claim to the throne.

29 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

I should make myself clear by saying I emphatically do not hate Dany and don't particularly want what I suggested to be true. I just found it suspicious that the first thing Arya did is head south immediately after learning about Jon's claim to the throne.

I am with you. Don't hate Dany, and Arya may be going after Dany.

I think one does not need to hate Dany to see that she is dangerous to the North. 

Arya may be intending to kill Cersei right now, who knows. Jaime thinks he is going South to fight FOR Cersei. But in the end the actions of both queens will determine their fates, and Jaime will kill Cersei while Arya will kill Dany - or Tyrion will.

Surely after all this time she’s not going to bump up Dany to the top of her list just because she found out Jon is the true heir. Killing Dany wouldn’t be very ‘Arya like’ taking a look at her previous victims. Then again these writers will do whatever it takes for the ‘surprise’ factor. 

3 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

What if she's going south to get rid of Dany? 

I see no indication for any crackpot theories here. 

The Hound is going for the Mountain. Arya is going for Cersei. They both have unfinished business. Very nice scene and, I believe, no trickery here.

Of course, Arya could also think about what to do with Daenerys. But killing the love of Jon Snow, her beloved "brother" from childhood? I don't think so. 

1 minute ago, Mihai Brasoveanu said:

There's a line that Cersei says: "Keep the gates open, I want everybody to get into the Red Keep". It's close to the Arya/Hound scene so I felt it was alluding to them getting in with the commoners. Has anyone else picked up on that?

Yes, the scenes were connected and might indicate something. However, the timeline wouldn't fit, but that has not been a problem recently anyway.

I imagine Arya to sneak into King's Landing one way or another. She know the secret entry from S1. She escaped though it and will surely be able to enter again. 

1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, the scenes were connected and might indicate something. However, the timeline wouldn't fit, but that has not been a problem recently anyway.

I imagine Arya to sneak into King's Landing one way or another. She know the secret entry from S1. She escaped though it and will surely be able to enter again. 

I just can't trust the timeline anymore. In Game of Thrones time, I'd be able to get from Bucharest to London in 30 minutes, by foot.

6 minutes ago, Mihai Brasoveanu said:

There's a line that Cersei says: "Keep the gates open, I want everybody to get into the Red Keep". It's close to the Arya/Hound scene so I felt it was alluding to them getting in with the commoners. Has anyone else picked up on that?

First thing I thought.

It's actually quite frustrating that they haven't spoken of merely removing Cersei in the show, via Arya and her FM training.  Jon would say no instantly but it would have been nice to have had the scene.

1 minute ago, Mihai Brasoveanu said:

I just can't trust the timeline anymore. In Game of Thrones time, I'd be able to get from Bucharest to London in 30 minutes, by foot.

Unfortunately, this is true. There actually have been some severe timeline issues. And I am no hater at all and usually defend the show.

In this case, we could argue that both getting the troops to White Harbor needs some time and the fleet to reach Dragon Stone needs some time, too, so Sandor Clegane and Arya have some opportunity to get to King's Landing as well. 

I bet on Arya and the Hound killing Cersei and the Mountain. In which combination I don't know. There were a lot of clues to Arya killing the Mountain in the books, but it might turn out differently in the show.

I can't imagine Arya will succeed in killing Cersei though. It can't just be her killing off every villain. They've set her up to look like it should be possible for her, so now she will almost certainly fail. She might get the Mountain though. seeing as he's her bodyguard (possibly dying in the process), which would probably be a good way to annoy the hound, who is bound to be there and involved.

29 minutes ago, Wagshell said:

I can't imagine Arya will succeed in killing Cersei though. It can't just be her killing off every villain. They've set her up to look like it should be possible for her, so now she will almost certainly fail. She might get the Mountain though. seeing as he's her bodyguard (possibly dying in the process), which would probably be a good way to annoy the hound, who is bound to be there and involved.

Maybe she doesn't fail, maybe Jaime will just succeed. I's like that solution.

Book-wise I am still in favor of Arya killing the Mountain "quick as a snake" and Jaime killing Cersei as "valonqar". That would make sense to me and also be more believable that Arya doing Cersei.

Archived