What if Arya isn't going south to kill Cersei?

4 minutes ago, Lord of Bay Ridge said:

I wouldn’t be so sure if that, I still think that Cersei is Jaime’s to kill.

She should be...but with the way the show has gone Dany's assault on Kings Landing planning session should have been "put your feet up everyone, Arya - go kill Cersei.  Send a raven when you're done - please and thank you."

I'd be cool. Not sure if it happens though. Although Arya doesn't trust Dany, I don't think she would just kill her because of it. And I also think that Arya wouldn't kill Dany just to make Jon sit on the throne.

If Arya plans to kill Cersei (plausible), I don't think it happens. It will be Jaime. Bookmark me.

I don't really know what Arya will get up to in KL, no doubt something extremely badass related to the Mountain. Her plan right now is certainly to go after Cersei as well but she will not need to do it because one of Cersei's brothers will take care of that.

As for Dany, Arya's distrust is real. She doesn't really want Dany to become queen easily and without proving she would be a good queen. So Arya will wait and see from close up when it comes to Dany.

My guess is:

Arya kills Qyburn, provides a solid assist to the Hound in taking down the Mountain. Tyrion kills Cersei out of rage for what she did to kill innocents and unleash Dany's fire and blood instincts. Jaime kills Dany to try to end the war before innocents die and to try to save his unborn child.

I do think Arya is headed to KL with Cersei as her target (her unfinished business), but I don't think she'll actually be the one to kill her. She and the Hound seem to be teaming up on the road and their respective targets are very closely associated. I can see this playing out in a couple different ways - Arya tries to kill Cersei and is killed by the Mountain, with the Hound killing the Mountain to avenge Arya's death. Or Arya and the Hound could take out the Mountain together. Either way, I don't see Cersei dying by Arya's hand.

In regards to who does kill Cersei, I'm still hoping it's Jaime, but I could see this happening several other ways as well: 1) Cersei actually kills Jaime instead and is killed in whatever carnage Dany is planning or Brienne (having followed Jaime to try and save him) kills Cersei, 2) Euron turns on Cersei and kills her and Jamie takes out Euron in revenge, 3) Cersei dies because of Dany and Jaime kills Dany in revenge... really the possibilities are endless and at this point I have no clue how it's going to play out.

One thing that stood out to me when Arya and the Hound were discussing their plans to head to Kings Landing and take care of their unfinished business. Arya said she did not intend to return to Winterfell. I thought this could either mean she does not see herself surviving her assassination attempt on Cersei or she is planning on going adventuring (to see whatever is west of Westeros like she told Lady Crane). 

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, a girl knows nothing said:

Arya said she did not intend to return to Winterfell.

Yes, a very important sentence. We didn't see any farewells to her family and she does not intend to return. Very strange and open to speculation.

I sincerely hope they survives the series. 

3 minutes ago, a girl knows nothing said:

she is planning on going adventuring (to see whatever is west of Westeros like she told Lady Crane).

I would like that idea, have done so since many years.

I recon the Hound is going to kill Cersie and Arya the Mountain, coz the Hound is a little brother and the Mountain is on Arya's list and you know, subversion, because that is what passes for a dramatic twist in the show ATM.

8 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

I should make myself clear by saying I emphatically do not hate Dany and don't particularly want what I suggested to be true. I just found it suspicious that the first thing Arya did is head south immediately after learning about Jon's claim to the throne.

That's where I'm at. It was suspicious timing. I do like that she is back on the road with the Hound. 

I would actually like that plot better.  If Arya was to kill Jon and then Dany that would be superlative and consistent with what is actually going on in the show right now.

4 hours ago, Skills said:

Dany has green eyes though...

This would be another one of D&D's beloved "twists."  

That leaves Jaime to kill Cersei and the Hound and Mountain to off each other.  

Dany is a Targeryen, they have the famous purple eyes, although they look more blue in the show:(

5 hours ago, Greywolf2375 said:

She should be...but with the way the show has gone Dany's assault on Kings Landing planning session should have been "put your feet up everyone, Arya - go kill Cersei.  Send a raven when you're done - please and thank you."

The woods witch told Cersei that her little brother would kill her, so obviously it will be Arya lol

3 hours ago, a girl knows nothing said:

One thing that stood out to me when Arya and the Hound were discussing their plans to head to Kings Landing and take care of their unfinished business. Arya said she did not intend to return to Winterfell. I thought this could either mean she does not see herself surviving her assassination attempt on Cersei or she is planning on going adventuring (to see whatever is west of Westeros like she told Lady Crane). 

Thoughts?

I think she plans on being able to walk away after offing Cersei and go become no one.  

She's definitely going there with the intention of killing Cersei, no question. She's been number one on her list since she first started making it after all, and remember, she was already on the way there when she met Hot Pie, but only changed her mind when she found out Jon was back at Winterfell.

And don't forget the conversation with her brother -

Bran - "I saw you at the Crossroads, I thought you might go to King's Landing."

Arya - "So did I!"

Whether or not it happens is of course another thing entirely.

Archived