What if Arya isn't going south to kill Cersei?

10 hours ago, Hippocras said:

I am with you. Don't hate Dany, and Arya may be going after Dany.

I think one does not need to hate Dany to see that she is dangerous to the North. 

Arya may be intending to kill Cersei right now, who knows. Jaime thinks he is going South to fight FOR Cersei. But in the end the actions of both queens will determine their fates, and Jaime will kill Cersei while Arya will kill Dany - or Tyrion will.

Is he really?

That is implied but I think it could easily be he is going to kill her.

8 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, the scenes were connected and might indicate something. However, the timeline wouldn't fit, but that has not been a problem recently anyway.

I imagine Arya to sneak into King's Landing one way or another. She know the secret entry from S1. She escaped though it and will surely be able to enter again. 

They most certainly will. I agree that both Hound and Arya could change their minds and go for other people instead of Cersei and Mountain.

There are three names on Arya's list, still "alive" in King's Landing: Cersei, the Mountain, and... Ilyn Payne. The actor who played Payne in seasons 1-2, Wilko Johnson, had been diagnosed with cancer, but manged to beat it in 2014. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29727632. I don't know how his health is now, but they could have brought him back for a quick death scene.

Arya will likely use her knowledge of the secret passage ways to sneak through the dungeons in the Red Keep. If they follow the books on this one. Payne's room was in the dungeon. Granted, the Mountain is pretty much Cersei's executioner, but Payne could still be in charge of the dungeons. So Arya goes in, encounters Payne, and takes him out. And maybe this is enough delay for someone else (Jaime) to get to Cersei first.

Cleganebowl is happening, though D&D could subvert our expectations again, on who actually kills the Mountain, if anyone. ;) My prediction on the Cleganes is that Sandor finally gets past his fear of fire, and mortally wounded, shoves something burning into the Mountain's face.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:00 AM, Anthony Pirtle said:

What if she's going south to get rid of Dany? 

Just a harebrained thought, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I don’t think it’s hairbrained. That would make an interesting and logical plot twist. Arya loves Jon most of all and is fiercely loyal to him and her family. It makes sense that she would help to undermine Dany.

Archived