Miss Sandy the Hostage

6 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Cersei thinks differently...They already killed Rhaegal quite easily. They have a lot of giant scorpions there. The chances are not bad, seen from the perspective of Qyburn and Cersei.

Cersei has her Cersei ways. But what is she planning here? I thought she invited the citizens of King's Landing into the Red Keep as deterence. Now she's almost daring Danny. Does she have a secret weapon?

With Rhaegal they had the element of surprise, and a clear shot. Now they've let Danny see all their scorpions, and Drogon knows how to dodge. Danny can navigate at night. Cersei's forces would have to be very lucky to hit her before she burned the Keep.

8 minutes ago, darmody said:

I thought she invited the citizens of King's Landing into the Red Keep as deterence. Now she's almost daring Danny

My take is that Cersei hates the people and the people hate her. Cersei would enjoy Daenerys killing many -- so Daenerys is guilty of killing thousands, Daenerys would do Cersei's dirty job.

Cersei believe herself safe in the Red Keep, at least from fire. And burning small folk and some hired forced doesn't touch Cersei at all.

10 minutes ago, darmody said:

With Rhaegal they had the element of surprise, and a clear shot. Now they've let Danny see all their scorpions, and Drogon knows how to dodge. Danny can navigate at night. Cersei's forces would have to be very lucky to hit her before she burned the Keep.

Yes, so maybe they are overly confident. I agree.

So it makes sense to infuriate her not to wait for the darkest night without moon to attack, but turn Daenerys into fury and rage and let her attack now, in bright daylight, against heavy scorpions. 

The tactics make sense to me.

I am going to agree that Missandei was an insignificant death. When it happened I literally said out loud “who cares?” And it’s not just the audience. As the audience, we know that Dany cares. But, how in the fuck does Cersei even know who Missandei is? Maybe she was at the dragon pit last season and I forgot?  Maybe there’s a mole in the Daenerys camp? Missandei is obviously a foreigner. She’s not a royal or from a major house. She offers little to no value other than Dany losing a friend. Who has time for friends when the Iron Throne is at stake?

7 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

But, how in the fuck does Cersei even know who Missandei is?

They met at the dragon pit. Missandei sat on Tyrion's right side, all three main advisers of Daenerys present.

Cersei can keep the iron throne AND incinerate much of King's Landing and its citizens by provoking Dany to go apeshit with rage and attack with Drogon.  Nobody will blame poor, sweet Queen Cersei and this is exactly the kind of long game she should be expected to play. 

1 minute ago, dannyk65 said:

Cersei can keep the iron throne AND incinerate much of King's Landing and its citizens by provoking Dany to go apeshit with rage and attack with Drogon.  Nobody will blame poor, sweet Queen Cersei and this is exactly the kind of long game she should be expected to play. 

Exactly that is her plan. And Tyrion knows it and somehow even addresses the issue.

So Cersei provokes Daenerys and, most probably, Daenerys will attack, full of fury and rage.

Exactly that is her plan. And Tyrion knows it and somehow even addresses the issue.

So Cersei provokes Daenerys and, most probably, Daenerys will attack, full of fury and rage.

Yep, then maybe Jaime shows up and walks in on the celebratory Cersei-Euron bonedance and gets jealous and ends Euron with a golden backhand and some swordsmanship and then strangles Cersei. 

Then we can be free of this shit show. 

2 minutes ago, dannyk65 said:

Then we can be free of this shit show. 

If you don't enjoy it, then don't watch it.

I stopped watching a lot of shows because they degenerated. It's a absolutely OK thing to do.

If you don't enjoy it, then don't watch it.

I stopped watching a lot of shows because they degenerated. It's a absolutely OK thing to do.

Haha no way!  Only 2 left, and for the most part I still find it super entertaining....plus it's likely the only ending we ever get.

It's just that it has gotten pretty lousy when it comes to the details IMO...

Missandei was a very likeable side-character and sort of an anchor for Daenerys' storyline. First her multi-language interpreter, then her closest trusted friend. 

Missandei got a nice exit scene, worthy of her character. 

The actress did a good job and is a beautiful women.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Missandi was Danys' closest female friend and spokesperson if nothing else and beheading her like that sent a point, a big F you to Dany. Think of it as Ramsey killing Rickon, it was meant to provoke her and have mistakes made in rage.

With all those balistas, Cersei could have killed 80% of the people huddled outside of the gates, especially her hated brother who she supposedly already put a hit out on.  The whole scene was pretty dumb.

But, I think the point of the OP is that Miss Sandy hasn't been seen to have much of a role except standing around extolling Dany's virtues for many years.  She gives no advice, they haven't even had much BFF interactions lately.  She mostly stands around looking grim.  Another example of how the show threw away characterization and is relying on the audience to remember how things were in the early seasons.

19 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

But, I think the point of the OP is that Miss Sandy hasn't been seen to have much of a role except standing around extolling Dany's virtues for many years.  She gives no advice, they haven't even had much BFF interactions lately.  She mostly stands around looking grim.  Another example of how the show threw away characterization and is relying on the audience to remember how things were in the early seasons.

Maybe that's the case because there is big vocal minority that has a hate boner for her character, for some reason, and they throw a fit whenever she shown up on screen doing something more than being a mute extra, and calling her names like "Miss Sandy?"

Just now, martianmister said:

Maybe that's the case because there is big vocal minority that has a hate boner for her character, for some reason, and they throw a fit whenever she shown up screen doing something more than a mute extra?

Some people disliked all the time spent on Missy and GW's romance because it isn't in the books, which is a valid criticism since the showrunners often have talked about the difficulty with so many characters, so then, when they add in stories and characters, it's annoying, this is the same reason that Roz got so much flak, she was an invented character who got a lot of screen time that was taken away from more important characters.  Missy/GW never bothered me that much, as far as the show's filler, it was one of their better efforts.

24 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Miss Sandy hasn't been seen to have much of a role except standing around extolling Dany's virtues for many years.  She gives no advice, they haven't even had much BFF interactions lately.

She is a decorative minor side character and personally I like it that even the "filler" minor side characters in Game of Thrones have some sort of depth, with us knowing a little bit about her. Not much, but enough. Having been a slave, speaking so many languages, turning into her best and trusted friend. Other simpler shows just exhibit an interpreter without any background at all.

This is whining on the highest possible level. Be happy! Enjoy that MINOR side characters still have some characterisation at all. Missandei was a beautiful add-on, a nice stand-by, a decorative filler. And they even gave her the nice love story with a eunuch warrior leader. Not too bad.

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

The Mountain followed an order like a good soldier does, Grey Worm understands that(he would still want to kill him). Cersei gave the order, so she would be his target first.   

The Hound was tortured by the Mountain personally, without someone telling him to do it, big difference.

tortured hmm, he pushed his face into a fire once when they were children, both of them have done terrible things since then where as  the mountain just cut Missandeis head of within the fortnight of the battle presumably. Greyworm wouldn't see passed the mountain when it comes to retribution most men wouldn't gun for a woman that instigated the violence they just lash out at the one that carried it out. I would enjoy watching the Mountain fight a spear wielding fighter again much the same as Oberyn Martell. Cleganebowl is going to happen anyway so it doesn't matter what I want or what would be more natural or logical

it seems to me that they are trying to set the scene for Dany the Mad Queen. Even Varys commented on this twice or thrice in the episode. This is just one of many things that might cause Dany to pull a full mad queen mode. She lost two dragons, she lost her army, she is overlooked despite her contribution to the victory, she finds out that her lover might very well steal "her" throne and now Cersei openly taunts her in public and kills her friend.

Plus killing Miss destroys the happy ending for Grey Worm.

Archived