Miss Sandy the Hostage

4 hours ago, dannyk65 said:

Cersei can keep the iron throne AND incinerate much of King's Landing and its citizens by provoking Dany to go apeshit with rage and attack with Drogon.  Nobody will blame poor, sweet Queen Cersei and this is exactly the kind of long game she should be expected to play. 

Cersei has nowhere to run, except to Urine's ships. And that would be putting a lot of trust in that madman. The Targaryens have King's Landing surrounded by land, right? The Golden Company could cut through them, but how would Cersei time that with Danny's presumed rash actions?

Or is Cersei going to hang out in a bar with her zombie and dark wizard while the Keep burns and hope Jon doesn't get in the city?

3 hours ago, martianmister said:

So, what exactly the point of this thread? Saying how much you don't care about a character (yet making a thread about her?), is that it? Saying how unimportant she was, despite of her being the closest person to Dany?

Yes. You cracked it. 

3 hours ago, martianmister said:

Maybe that's the case because there is big vocal minority that has a hate boner for her character, for some reason, and they throw a fit whenever she shown up on screen doing something more than being a mute extra, and calling her names like "Miss Sandy?"

Now you are wide of the mark. I enjoy seeing Miss Sandy onscreen because it means there's a chance I'll get to see her naked. Because she looks good naked. 

Also, I give silly nicknames to characters I both like and dislike. 

2 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

it seems to me that they are trying to set the scene for Dany the Mad Queen.

Yes, they set it up so those of us who haven't understood it in earlier seasons are not too surprised.

Daenerys wants the good but sometime does worse than she intends. She is on the verge of resembling the Mad King, because there is a side to her that is characterised by fury, rage, vengeance and acting on emotion. 

Daenerys is not mad. Daenerys has it inside her, however, to react mad. And that is what we will see now: Missandei being beheaded in front of her eyes, Daenerys will flip. She will attack and burn thousands and probably even lose or at least fail. Cersei's plan will carry fruits. She wanted Daenerys to flip, otherwise she would have kept Missandei as hostage.

Daenerys will feel so much pain, sorrow, rage and fury that she will react similar to the Mad King. Burn them all. And exactly that were Missandei's last words: Dracaris.

1 minute ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, they set it up so those of us who haven't understood it in earlier seasons are not too surprised.

Daenerys wants the good but sometime does worse than she intends. She is on the verge of resembling the Mad King, because there is a side to her that is characterised by fury, rage, vengeance and acting on emotion. 

Daenerys is not mad. Daenerys has it inside her, however, to react mad. And that is what we will see now: Missandei being beheaded in front of her eyes, Daenerys will flip. She will attack and burn thousands and probably even lose or at least fail. Cersei's plan will carry fruits. She wanted Daenerys to flip, otherwise she would have kept Missandei as hostage.

Daenerys will feel so much pain, sorrow, rage and fury that she will react similar to the Mad King. Burn them all. And exactly that were Missandei's last words: Dracaris.

That's lame.  We've seen massive levels of sadism and disregard for the smallfolk throughout the series.   No one is called 'mad' let alone mad enough to be killed for it.  We've seen Tywin, Joff, Cersei and Ramsay not to mention the atrocities of the slaver cities.  Nobody is considered too mad to rule or live.  Many others  have done their own version of 'burn them all' and they still ruled. 

If Dany decides to heed Miss Sunday's last wish and dracarys King's Landing, that isn't enough reason to assassinate her.  She would need to become worse than Joffrey for that to happen and there isn't enough time for that.  So, they ruined the story by not giving enough time or motivation for her to turn dark. 

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That's lame. 

Thank you. And no, it's not. It's realistic.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

We've seen massive levels of sadism and disregard for the smallfolk throughout the series.

Right, for all kinds of different motives. Madness being one of them in case of the Mad King. Sadism in case of Ramsay and to a certain degree in Jeoffrey, ruthlessness in Tywin or Cersei. 

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

No one is called 'mad' let alone mad enough to be killed for it. 

Because "madness" is a different state than sadism or ruthlessness.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

If Dany decides to heed Miss Sunday's last wish and dracarys King's Landing, that isn't enough reason to assassinate her. 

Who talks about assassination? That's your interpretation, not mine.

I predict Daenerys will flip, attack King's Landing, burn hundreds or thousands and fail to conquer the city. She might die or just lose supporters. We will see.

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

So, she may conquer the city and then decide that all the inhabitants are traitors and want to kill them

It makes more sense the other way round: She needs to kill a lot of people in the Red Keep before being able to come to Cersei. That's the problem and exactly that is the trap Cersei set up: She want Daenerys to kill a lot of small folk.

1 hour ago, darmody said:

Cersei has nowhere to run, except to Urine's ships. And that would be putting a lot of trust in that madman. The Targaryens have King's Landing surrounded by land, right? The Golden Company could cut through them, but how would Cersei time that with Danny's presumed rash actions?

Or is Cersei going to hang out in a bar with her zombie and dark wizard while the Keep burns and hope Jon doesn't get in the city?

If this show has any consistency, Urine should kill Cersei the moment he connects the dots after he hears Tyrion talking about Cersei being pregnant.  And then take the throne for himself.

Don't overthink it. They always do the same basic thing over and over.

Like the cavalry comes to the rescue at the last moment trope seen in several battles now.

I would not be surprised if it happens yet again (maybe Dorn).

In this case, it is the same as in the battle of the bastards the kid getting killed. 

I think that Jamie will end up killing her. And John will do Urine and as to the mountain. I think the captain of the Unsulied will do him for what he has taken from him...  

Also what gets me about these dragon crossbow is they have a 360 coverage but only possibly     40-45% vertical so if the dragon attacked from overhead then no threat?..

Osh

57 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

It makes more sense the other way round: She needs to kill a lot of people in the Red Keep before being able to come to Cersei. That's the problem and exactly that is the trap Cersei set up: She want Daenerys to kill a lot of small folk.

It's difficult to see how that happens without killing Cersei too. Where will she be while her subjects are burning?

It feels as if the show is looking for any excuse to be able to prove that Dany is just like her father, the Mad King.

Constant losses and attempts at triggering her yet any sort of retaliation and it's going to be ''Oh, she's just like her father''

Nobody is even talking about the fact she has feelings, something a lot of characters in the show have acted upon. A response from her shouldn't come as a shock, even if you don't want to justify it or agree with the measures taken.

Daenerys reaction to seeing Missandei beheaded was unusually... level-headed, given everything she's been trough recently.
Jon has kamikaze-charged an army on his own for less.

People see what they want to see. People who dislike Daenerys see's how she's becoming her father.
I see a woman who has, in a very short spawn of time, lost almost everything, and who reacts accordingly. 

The way the episode ended on that cliffhanger gives me slight hope that it's all a ruse from the writers, meant to cause tension and anxiety between episodes (which they, admittedly, has succeeded with.)
They did manage to (in a very bad way, but still) portray Daenerys sudden decent into darkness in just half an episode. Nothing says that they won't portray her ascent back to normal in the next episode for whatever contrived reason, even if it currently doesn't look that way right now.

I will await final judgement on her mental status, until I see her actively kill thousands of innocent people. 
After that I will consider her dead, killed because the plot demanded it. 

12 hours ago, dbunting said:

The Mountain followed an order like a good soldier does, Grey Worm understands that(he would still want to kill him). Cersei gave the order, so she would be his target first.   

The Hound was tortured by the Mountain personally, without someone telling him to do it, big difference.

Naw, being burned made Sandor stronger; without that happening, he'd still be "little Sandor"...

It might be a ruse.  But, 9/10 times when the show telegraphs that X is happening...it happens. We also are still awaiting the final twist from GRRM, and this could be it.  It might be a very complicated RL fake out with the leaks, too.  That seems both too complex and competent for the show though.

I have disliked Dany since she sacked Meereen in the books.  Disliked her and started rooting against her, so I say this as a Dany non fan....that having her go 'mad' in the space of 2 episodes is a terrible injustice to the character, as is, the idea that she decides to sack KL, which has been sacked before, kills her adversaries, which  has been before, and this is going to somehow constitute her going 'too far' is also a terrible injustice to the character and her story and the show as a whole.  Dany goes crazy and dies in the final 20% of the final season is very poor storytelling.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

It might be a ruse.  But, 9/10 times when the show telegraphs that X is happening...it happens. We also are still awaiting the final twist from GRRM, and this could be it.  It might be a very complicated RL fake out with the leaks, too.  That seems both too complex and competent for the show though.

I have disliked Dany since she sacked Meereen in the books.  Disliked her and started rooting against her, so I say this as a Dany non fan....that having her go 'mad' in the space of 2 episodes is a terrible injustice to the character, as is, the idea that she decides to sack KL, which has been sacked before, kills her adversaries, which  has been before, and this is going to somehow constitute her going 'too far' is also a terrible injustice to the character and her story and the show as a whole.  Dany goes crazy and dies in the final 20% of the final season is very poor storytelling.

I very much like this post and agree with the Dany stuff 100%.  

Although if Cersei set up shitloads of green blow-up juice all over KL and it looks to most as if Dany went all apeshit and did it out of rage...well, that's pretty complex and requires the writers actually planning in advance, so likely not...

1 hour ago, 7th-key said:

Naw, being burned made Sandor stronger; without that happening, he'd still be "little Sandor"...

What you did there.....I see it...

Archived