Lord Bronn of Highgarden

Makes NO sense Tyrion can name Bronn lord of HG all he wants the lords of the Reach would never allow it...... 

Not to mention with these dragon killing machines available the threat of Danny isnt so scary IMO to keep the lords in check for long. 

That was odd. How does Tyrion have any say in what happens to Highgarden and why would Bronn believe he did?

Danerys: I name you (eg) Lady Brienne of Highgarden for your services.

Tyrion: Oh no, I promised the most important city in the kingdom to someone without any loyalty to you at all, so that he wouldn't kill me once.

Danerys: Ah. that's fair enough, I'll honour that then.

15 minutes ago, Stormking902 said:

Makes NO sense Tyrion can name Bronn lord of HG all he wants the lords of the Reach would never allow it...... 

Not to mention with these dragon killing machines available the threat of Danny isnt so scary IMO to keep the lords in check for long. 

Don't you think Tyrion knows that?  Tyrion is more than happy to lie to save his own skin.....

Just now, markdotinc said:

Don't you think Bronn knows that?

Absolutely.  They both know what game they're playing.  Bronn's primary game is keeping all sides happy (or at least himself safe) until one emerges victorious.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Bronn plot is absurd but I've always thought it was absurd.  In the books Cersei would have had him murdered the moment Tyrion went missing.  Why he is still alive in both mediums is more than bemusing.

7 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Don't you think Tyrion knows that?  Tyrion is more than happy to lie to save his own skin.....

Exactly. The promise is no problem of this scene. Should Daenerys win she could just feed Bronn to her dragons. 

The scene itself is somewhat weird and unnecessary, though.

Archived