King's Landing Commoners

Whyyyy would they willingly enter the Red Keep? Last time Cersei put a bunch of them in a box she blew them up. She starves them, she doesn't abide by any rules but her own she's been consistently terrible to them. yeah, we're to believe they're just sheep following whoever's leading but are they really so short of memory? She blew them up. Thousands died rather than her facing the same justice as them. Qyburn seems surprised when she says that's her plan, to use them as a screen, but she hates the commonfolk; it was obvious what she was up to immediately. 

I understood it to be an invitation, not a roundup. There's no indication they're being forced, just fooled into thinking it's the safest place to be. Which fools is what they are. KL has believably gotten way worse of a place to live since Highgarden pulled out after she blew up the Tyrells. As it is though Dany laying siege would be all too easy. Take over the city and now you've only  got to Siege the Keep which now has thousands and thousands of people crammed in. As with Moat Cailin- how long do you think her people will support her being stupid while they starve and live in a sardine can? They could end it, but they're too dumb not to trust the woman who keeps hurting them. 

1 hour ago, Roux said:

Whyyyy would they willingly enter the Red Keep? Last time Cersei put a bunch of them in a box she blew them up. She starves them, she doesn't abide by any rules but her own she's been consistently terrible to them. yeah, we're to believe they're just sheep following whoever's leading but are they really so short of memory? She blew them up. Thousands died rather than her facing the same justice as them. Qyburn seems surprised when she says that's her plan, to use them as a screen, but she hates the commonfolk; it was obvious what she was up to immediately. 

Standard medieval thinking.  Safer behind the Walls than in the field with an approaching foreign army mixed with Northerners, who the South think are barbaric and turn themselves into Werewolves.....

As Tyrion said, the common man on the street probably doesn't really see the difference between Cersei or Daenerys but since Cersei is the current Queen and is offering protection, you take it in the hopes that things will be OK.

Personally, I would leave King's Landing if I was a commoner. If I knew one of the queens had dragons, I'd be scared out of my wits.

2 minutes ago, Faera said:

As Tyrion said, the common man on the street probably doesn't really see the difference between Cersei or Daenerys but since Cersei is the current Queen and is offering protection, you take it in the hopes that things will be OK.

Personally, I would leave King's Landing if I was a commoner. If I knew one of the queens had dragons, I'd be scared out of my wits.

Even the Commoners know what happened at Harrenhall years ago. Big castle walls don't mean doody when there's Dragons. Fish are willingly hopping into a barrel. 

Just now, Roux said:

Even the Commoners know what happened at Harrenhall years ago. Big castle walls don't mean doody when there's Dragons. Fish are willingly hopping into a barrel. 

I know... hence why I'd just leave.

8 minutes ago, Faera said:

I know... hence why I'd just leave.

Anthony poster pointed out Cersei probably wouldn't let them. I think that out of the seven gates they could overthrow at least one if they were smart enough to revolt. 

20 minutes ago, Roux said:

Anthony poster pointed out Cersei probably wouldn't let them. I think that out of the seven gates they could overthrow at least one if they were smart enough to revolt. 

Good point. 

2 hours ago, Faera said:

I disagree. I think they see a difference between Dany and Cersei: Dany is mad foreign girl with an army full of barbars and eunuchs, she has a big evil beast, she herself is evil to the extent they she burned the poor Tarlys and even worse, she is a daughter of the Mad King who was, well, mad and did some bad things. On the other hand, Cersei, although she has her flaws, is one of them (aka Westerosi), she is the wife of their late king Robert and she wants to protect them from that ugly evil dragon girl. Considering all this, it's imo no wonder that the commoners want to stick to Cersei.

The smallfolks have been told dragons are coming and know the dragons roasted hundreds of hapless southerners a short time ago. Cercei was persuaded by Qyburn to use them as human shields, predicting that Tyrion at least would not let Dany burn them.

Archived