Daenerys and Jon are over

17 minutes ago, Roux said:

I think Eurons gonna turn. He's only in it for a queen, once he finds out she's preggo (still think she's bluffing) with Jaime's he'll take off with the fleet. 

Who would Euron turn to next do you think? I don’t think he will be welcome to the Starkaryen side. Lol soooooooo, sorry I killed your dragon but, you understand right? Hahahahaha could you imagine danys face?

Just now, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I am mostly joking. It would be interesting. We started with Baratheon and now we end with Baratheon rule after Dany dies. The new king whines about a Stark girl to his wife. 

It would almost be poetic cruelty. Two Baratheons lamenting about the stark girl they could never have...

1 minute ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Varys neatly explained why a Jon/Dany marriage wouldnt work. She doesnt want an equal. They want this to be a succession struggle, clearly. And from a writers' perspective, maybe they dont want Jon in a toxic relationship like he's in right now.

Come on, whoever she marries will have some power and influence over her. Saying that Jon won t make Danny less destructive or focused on revenge is stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Varys neatly explained why a Jon/Dany marriage wouldnt work. She doesnt want an equal. They want this to be a succession struggle, clearly. And from a writers' perspective, maybe they dont want Jon in a toxic relationship like he's in right now.

Their love story was too hastily written to give it any real rooting power for fans.   I was wanting them together but not anymore after the way they have been written or should I say not written for.  

Just now, TheFirstofHerName said:

Their love story was too hastily written to give it any real rooting power for fans.   I was wanting them together but not anymore after the way they have been written or should I say not written for.  

Last season they were well written. 

This season they are something nobody understands. 

It is like Sansa with theon or tyrion... 

49 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Jon will agree in the end that Sansa did a good deed by telling. 

If Dany does indeed go through with burning and sacking King's Landing I agree he'd probably see Sansa as the less of two evils. I can't see Jon supporting Dany's choice to burn the Red Keep once he finds out there are common people in there. Not least because Sansa's oathbreaker moment was proceeded by her stating that they should let the both Dany's and Jon's men rest before heading South to fight Cersei. There's no doubt who has people's better interests at heart at this point.

That said, I think Dany is understandably so angry she just wants to tear King's Landing down about Cersei's ears -- I'd be tempted, too. However, I think if I was Dany I'd probably say, "FFS I'm going back to Essos. Westeros just ain't worth it." 

1 minute ago, LadyBlackwater said:

It would almost be poetic cruelty. Two Baratheons lamenting about the stark girl they could never have...

He truly is his father's son.

Just now, divica said:

Come on, whoever she marries will have some power and influence over her. Saying that Jon won t make Danny less destructive or focused on revenge is stupid. 

The real issue is that now Dany knows she'll never be able to trust Jon no matter how many times he states he doesn't care. Plus, Dany - quite reasonably - doesn't trust Sansa who would always defer to Jon was the person she takes orders from, not Dany. It's odd because marriages are supposed to BUILD alliances and bridge these gaps but D&D have suddenly decided to make Dany incredibly paranoid. She's so desperate to be seen as "THE Queen" that she's undermining her big "break the wheel" thing. She's not breaking anything - she just wants to rule for the sake of ruling, like Cersei.

God this is all so stupid.

Just now, Skills said:

These are the limitations of a 6 episode final season....

THIS! 

Just now, divica said:

Thats such a disrespect to Jon who has to play babysitter for someone with violent tendencies. He so ckearly cant speak openly with her and he looked afraid of her in their scenes. Who could blame him, she sees his entire IDENTITY as a threat that she wants to control it! Thats so toxic. She sees Sansa as an enemy with that info! Jon is trying to tame the dragon at this point so she doesn't go ballistic over his claim. Dany knows Jon's family could put him on the throne over HER. Thats such a dangerous situation for him and Sansa.

8 minutes ago, LadyBlackwater said:

Who would Euron turn to next do you think? I don’t think he will be welcome to the Starkaryen side. Lol soooooooo, sorry I killed your dragon but, you understand right? Hahahahaha could you imagine danys face?

No one. He'd take off to the Islands ( he still outweighs Asha in force ) or just take off back to Essos. The first one he'd take his fleet, second he'd just bolt with the big scary ship. 

4 minutes ago, divica said:

Last season they were well written. 

This season they are something nobody understands. 

It is like Sansa with theon or tyrion... 

I was hoping she would be happy that Jon is a Targ but she loves the Iron Throne more than him.  Extremely disappointed in her and anyone scheming to get the Iron Throne.  Thank God it will be over in 2 weeks.  I just hope Jon can join Tormund and Ghost beyond the Wall. He would be happier with them.

4 minutes ago, Roux said:

No one. He'd take off to the Islands ( he still outweighs Asha in force ) or just take off back to Essos. The first one he'd take his fleet, second he'd just bolt with the big scary ship. 

I know this is a small thing, but thank you for calling her Asha and not Yara lol. I joined this forum pretty recently because I don’t know anyone really who have actually read the books and it’s so refreshing to get on here and see all the other nerds who appreciate real storylines over fan service. You all are awesome!

1 hour ago, Skills said:

Arya will be the one to kill green-eyed Dany.  That will be the "final twist."  Jon is outraged and heartbroken, but his popularity is enormous and he is forced to take the throne.  

I think Jon does Daeny in, in the end.  Then forsakes his claim to the throne and goes North to join Tormund.  We will then have a semblance of a democratic "election" as to who should sit on the throne.  Options would be Sansa, Bran, Arya, Gendry.

1 minute ago, Arya's Sideboob said:

I think Jon does Daeny in, in the end.  Then forsakes his claim to the throne and goes North to join Tormund.  We will then have a semblance of a democratic "election" as to who should sit on the throne.  Options would be Sansa, Bran, Arya, Gendry.

It will be Bran. Varys wants some one who does not want to rule. 

7 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I was hoping she would be happy that Jon is a Targ but she loves the Iron Throne more than him.  Extremely disappointed in her and anyone scheming to get the Iron Throne.  Thank God it will be over in 2 weeks.  I just hope Jon can join Tormund and Ghost beyond the Wall. He would be happier with them.

Danny almost look like viserys when she became accepted by the dothriaki. It is just weird... 

And Jon is a castle raised boy. He would be miserable with the wildlings...

He would be happier in Winterfell as long as he can kick Sansa out of there. She is like poison

Just now, divica said:

Danny almost look like viserys when she became accepted by the dothriaki. It is just weird... 

And Jon is a castle raised boy. He would be miserable with the wildlings...

He would be happier in Winterfell as long as he can kick Sansa out of there. She is like poison

He can go to Castle Black on the weekends but mostly chill with the wildlings. 

14 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Thats such a disrespect to Jon who has to play babysitter for someone with violent tendencies. He so ckearly cant speak openly with her and he looked afraid of her in their scenes. Who could blame him, she sees his entire IDENTITY as a threat that she wants to control it! Thats so toxic. She sees Sansa as an enemy with that info! Jon is trying to tame the dragon at this point so she doesn't go ballistic over his claim. Dany knows Jon's family could put him on the throne over HER. Thats such a dangerous situation for him and Sansa.

If they were married it wouldn t be a prob... 

Archived