Daenerys and Jon are over

1 minute ago, Nami said:

Yes, they already made it obvious they will try to "subvert expectations", so expect all our theories to crumble, get spit on and crapped on.

The only thing that gets me mad is that is that we will get the book's end spoiled. At least who dies/rules. And I don't think I can read 2k pages knowing Dany is gone :'(

3 hours ago, Keyser94 said:

But also is not a generic fairy tale that had been for the last two seasons, thanks to Mary Sue Jon Snow, and the shameless fanservices that they perform. All based on what? On a stupid Fan Theory that was popular in this site. They had the great idea of adapting into the screen, sure the Jon Snow fans love it, but the rest of us didnt, there are world outside this place, and no everyone give a shit about Jon Snow. Now Games of Thrones is returning back how used to be, before the stupid idea of base two seasons arcs in a stupid Fan Theory.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Jon and Daenerys getting together? Well, as much as I don't like it, that's not fan service.

Spoiler

When J&D got together on the show, a person working with him (sorry, I just don't remember who he was, but I think it can be easily found on the Internet), revealed that years ago George talked freely about it happening. Apparently he said that is one of the most important thing happening in the books. And there is a lot of foreshadowing in the books as well.

15 hours ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Well....Sansa proved she had no honor last night.  Ned kept a promise for 18 years and Sansa kept it for not even a day.  She showed more concern for the soldiers when Dany didn’t but Sansa is a scheming bitch too.  She wants the Iron Throne for herself.

I don't think Sansa wants the throne. Just doesn't want Dany on it. 

6 hours ago, Keyser94 said:

But also is not a generic fairy tale that had been for the last two seasons, thanks to Mary Sue Jon Snow, and the shameless fanservices that they perform. All based on what? On a stupid Fan Theory that was popular in this site. They had the great idea of adapting into the screen, sure the Jon Snow fans love it, but the rest of us didnt, there are world outside this place, and no everyone give a shit about Jon Snow. Now Games of Thrones is returning back how used to be, before the stupid idea of base two seasons arcs in a stupid Fan Theory.

Geez you really hate Jon Snow. Can't wait for him to resurrect in the books too so you can REALLY be pissed. 

5 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

A Mary Sue is a character with an impossible range of abilities or skills. 

Jon is just a decent warrior with heavy plot armor and some good luck. 

He’s actually pretty terrible at everything except managing to live through battles. 

I think it's weird that people think Jon is a mary sue but not Dany. She has literal armies and cities falling in her hand with little effort, he barely survives battles and only has allies because he puts others before himself.

Would it be so hard for the show to let us see Jon and Danny are torn between love feelz and...whatever it is that's driving them apart. Incest ickiness and Danny's ambition. Because I can't even tell if she likes him anymore. And he's an undiagnosed depression case. 

Why don't they just get married, or settle the fact that they don't want to marry a close relative. Before Danny came over, she made herself a Single Lady specifically because an alliance might have to be solidified through marriage. And of course she was engaged to a Mereenian for that reason. 

Now Jon and she are actually in love, and marriage is like 50th on their list of priorities. The only part that makes sense is that Danny thinks she can't have children. 

19 hours ago, divica said:

Last season they were well written. 

This season they are something nobody understands. 

It is like Sansa with theon or tyrion... 

yep its all turned on its head - dany is turning into cersei...granted all her support structures have been removed/killed/

but I am still hopeful that she will answer sams question and sacrifice herself for the greater good...two weeks and I can relax when this is over. I am not enjoying what is happening. how can this be bittersweet ffs

2 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

how can this be bittersweet ffs

Yeah I'm wondering that as well.

Currently the show is rapidly descending towards an ending I can only describe as "tragic".

Especially since I care less and less about the main characters in it. 

3 hours ago, darmody said:

Would it be so hard for the show to let us see Jon and Danny are torn between love feelz and...whatever it is that's driving them apart. Incest ickiness and Danny's ambition. Because I can't even tell if she likes him anymore. And he's an undiagnosed depression case. 

Why don't they just get married, or settle the fact that they don't want to marry a close relative. Before Danny came over, she made herself a Single Lady specifically because an alliance might have to be solidified through marriage. And of course she was engaged to a Mereenian for that reason. 

Now Jon and she are actually in love, and marriage is like 50th on their list of priorities. The only part that makes sense is that Danny thinks she can't have children. 

Honestly, I don't feel like they love each other? I don't know if it's because the show didn't develop that well enough to convince us of that. But I can't buy this love story. Maybe it's intentional because of how easy they will turn on each other?

Anyway, so much potential these two had for a intense and deep love story, especially because both characters have been through so much (and somewhat similar things too). For sure if GRRM plans to write a love story between these too, I believe it will be more convincing than this half ass attempt. 

6 hours ago, Nami said:

Honestly, I don't feel like they love each other? I don't know if it's because the show didn't develop that well enough to convince us of that. But I can't buy this love story. Maybe it's intentional because of how easy they will turn on each other?

I think a lot of it is there seems to be zero chemistry between the actors. It feels forced and unbelievable like much else in the current show. 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:40 AM, Greenmonsterff said:

In the scene at the fireplace after the party, Dany pleads with Jon to keep his identity secret. He tells her she is his queen, and she will be his no matter what. But, surprisingly, Dany has the foresight to know that he is wrong and how telling anyone will lead to everyone knowing and the implications are dire when the truth comes out. Despite her CLEARLY giving him this ultimatum, he ignores it with his family moments later. I do not think Dany will forgive Jon for this. And with her recent run of bad fortune (losing Viserion, Jorah, half of her Unsullied and Dothraki, Rhaegal, Missandei) I think she’s gonna burn it all to the ground, including Jon, or die trying. 

Clear ultimatum, okay. But auntie, I'm a Starkgaryen. 

While it did come across as self-serving, ultimately she was quickly proven right.
It doesn't matter what Jon's personal opinion about becoming king is, and people will start to scheme and plot about having her removed and him on the throne. 

On 5/6/2019 at 6:25 AM, Mikeygigs said:

I know the show has lost all logical consistency and narrative coherence, but why don't they just get married? It literally solves this issues, and who else are they going to get hitched with, anyway? 

This whole crisis really doesn't make sense from a world perspective. 

I still think they're going to. And no the crisis doesn't make sense from a "world perspective"..... (perfectly framed), but it will likely make perfect sense from George's POV narrative perspective in the books. 

I think this is likely been the show runner's greatest challenge of trying to get Dany into her final position on the chessboard, and stay true to GRRM's endgame as they've said they were always going to do.

Suddenly abandoning her vision of a better world for everyone, only to sate her hunger for power is weird to me. Asking Jon, of all people, to live a lie, when backing his claim makes her long time dream of reinstating her family into it's rightful place as rulers of the Seven Kingdoms so much easier and stronger, along with uniting the North, and likely the rest of Kings Landing against Cersei, is beyond weird, it's stupid. As is not giving their troops a chance to rest. All of this, and the reckless way she flew into Blackwater Bay, knowing that The Golden Company was already there, and not being prepared for Cersei to have done some preparations for her arrival - is insane. 

All of that I'm having a hard time reconciling, and hopefully, they can make it somehow work before all is said and done, in some way... even though the books will likely make it look easy.

That amount of hubris cost her Rhaegal, and Missandei - but I think that part had to happen for her to torch the Red Keep in her grief-rage, and likely make some mistake and become a prisoner of Cersei..... maybe Drogon will survive and go fetch Jon, so they can rescue her, while Jamie kills Cersei and stops her from blowing up Kings Landing. Dany will get past her insanity, and they can get back to wrapping this the hell up, so she can die in childbirth leaving Jon a single parent of their heir, and the bittersweet ending GRRM has spoken of. 

I also think there's no way she's not pregnant with the metric shitload of foreshadowing they did all last season, but I don't see how it all goes down in the next three hours two episodes unless there's a movie beyond that, like the Deadwood movie, that they've managed to keep under wraps, or a BSG-style. "1 year later" time passing trope.

But having two stupid, power hungry insane queens is beyond redundant and pointless.

dany being pregnant would allow her to step back from the abyss....but I am not sure it is going to happen now. it seems too late.

what I find difficult to reconcile is that I liked jon - now he is turning into something I do not like - some of the endings being discussed would make me hate him

dany -  I was not too fussed on, but now I can see how she suffers from a her losses and I have grown to like her

ww - was that just a plot device to reduce dany armies? balance to even up the odds with cersei? I mean it seems pointless and we have been thrown back into political intrigue - because that is what GoT great in the first place - I felt we had moved on - have the characters learnt nothing?

will we end up sympathising for cersei now in the final episodes?

Archived