So Jon's Toast, Right?

First he sends Ghost away.  As a book reader this drove me nuts, but I get that it symbolizes him shedding his Stark heritage to embrace the Targ side more (damn that sounded Star Wars-y).

But then his Targ familiar, Rhaegal, dies pretty much immediately.

That has to mean Jon is on the chopping block for next episode, right?  Or do we think the Ds are just going to ignore what the familiars mean to the Stark children?

19 minutes ago, Wingednosering said:

First he sends Ghost away.  As a book reader this drove me nuts, but I get that it symbolizes him shedding his Stark heritage to embrace the Targ side more (damn that sounded Star Wars-y).

That has to mean Jon is on the chopping block for next episode, right?  Or do we think the Ds are just going to ignore what the familiars mean to the Stark children?

They ignore everything Direwolf related. 

20 minutes ago, Wingednosering said:

I think Jon kills Dany next episode or the following. But in the end he dies. I don't see who he has left to be with. Sansa betrayed him, Dany is mad, Snow he kicked to the curb, Sam has a life now and a future child, Tormund is going to go suckle a giant's tit. Everyone is either leaving Jon or betraying him. He is going to have nothing left in the end, I think he dies.

5 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I think Jon kills Dany next episode or the following. But in the end he dies. I don't see who he has left to be with. Sansa betrayed him, Dany is mad, Snow he kicked to the curb, Sam has a life now and a future child, Tormund is going to go suckle a giant's tit. Everyone is either leaving Jon or betraying him. He is going to have nothing left in the end, I think he dies.

I think he'll forgive Sansa once he gets wind of Dany planning to fry KL up against all advice and honor. I think he got slapped in the face when she tried to manipulate him into keeping him quiet. Got a peek at her ambitious rage. 

All of this is good. But I think Jon cannot become a dragon king. I think Rhagyl was killed because he was part of Dany's power, not Jon's. Ghost was sent away because Jon is no longer a child that needed the protection of the albino pup that was the runt of the litter, which was also like Jon, the bastard. Jon is not the bastard anymore. If Jon dies it will only be because he and Dany has a child that becomes ruler.

31 minutes ago, Wingednosering said:

The fact he said his last goodbyes to Tormund, Ghost, Sam and Gilly. That was a bit suspect.

33 minutes ago, Wingednosering said:

I don't see the script writers digging too much in symbolism at least at this stage. Probably wanted to save budget. 

I really hope Jon goes up North, beyond the wall and lives with the wildlings, as a kind of Mance Rayder-Ruler beyond the wall. They certainly admire him, and he seems trully happy up there. And I can't believe that this was the last time he saw Ghost. We get it, the Ds don't care about direwolves, but not like that!! How much money would it cost them for Jon to hug him one last time? That's why I believe (hope) that they will reunite. 

Just now, the hound of sansa said:

I really hope Jon goes up North, beyond the wall and lives with the wildlings, as a kind of Mance Rayder-Ruler beyond the wall. They certainly admire him, and he seems trully happy up there. And I can't believe that this was the last time he saw Ghost. We get it, the Ds don't care about direwolves, but not like that!! How much money would it cost them for Jon to hug him one last time? That's why I believe (hope) that they will reunite. 

This is what I hope for too. I know Val is only a book character but I always liked the idea of Jon and Val together. 

2 minutes ago, the hound of sansa said:

This is my thought as well. Somehow feels like this wasn't really goodbye for them.

It didn't bother me that Jon would give up Ghost. It made sense in context (the show isn't the books, the direwolves don't have the same impact).

As suggested above, I don't think Rhaegal's death has any meaning in Jon's story.

5 minutes ago, the hound of sansa said:

I don't. I hope we get to include them in the realm though. Not a kingdom but have a good relationship with the northerners will head off another NK like rising. 

2 minutes ago, TNTW said:

This is my thought as well. Somehow feels like this wasn't really goodbye for them.

My prediction all along has been that the final scene of the series is Jon reuniting with Tormund, the rest of the Free Folk, and of course Ghost.  

9 minutes ago, the hound of sansa said:

Jon ends up as King-Beyond-the-Wall. The dude is trying to shed titles not gain another one. 

1 minute ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Jon ends up as King-Beyond-the-Wall. The dude is trying to shed titles not gain another one. 

Exactly.  Wish we could see him happy beyond the wall with the freefolk, Tormund, and Ghost. All the rest of them can burn in hell.  So over the whole lot of them.

8 minutes ago, Skills said:

My prediction all along has been that the final scene of the series is Jon reuniting with Tormund, the rest of the Free Folk, and of course Ghost.  

Love this and I basically just said the same thing in another post. They are the only ones I care about now.  

Archived