So Jon's Toast, Right?

10 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Jon ends up as King-Beyond-the-Wall. The dude is trying to shed titles not gain another one. 

It makes a lot of sense.  And I think the last few episodes have been hinting at it.

The Free Folk seem to be the only ones who love/respect him for what he is as a person, not because of lineage or titles.  But because of his character and actions.

Yes he still loves his sisters, but it's clear that he is and will continue to still be a bit of an outcast with the Starks.  His new-found Targ lineage only makes this more difficult.

As for the south and Dany...yes he loves her but he doesn't want to deal with the political nonsense.  He clearly doesn't want to rule.  

He belongs with the Free Folk now.  

I thought so too but the more I think about it the more I think he'll need to live to kill Daenerys. She made some very poor choices last episode (some might say for understandable reasons) but it ultimately lost her another dragon, some of her ships, men and Missandei. 

Seems this whole "Dany is meh Queen" protesting from Jon will lead to him doing a heel turn and killing her for some sort of greater good. I expect it to be poorly executed and people will be divided for years over it.

1 minute ago, Faera said:

I thought so too but the more I think about it the more I think he'll need to live to kill Daenerys. She made some very poor choices last episode (some might say for understandable reasons) but it ultimately lost her another dragon, some of her ships, men and Missandei. 

I agree. He will long enough to put an end to her rampage but he won’t take any pleasure in killing her.  Love is the death of duty. He will do his duty.

1 minute ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I agree. He will long enough to put an end to her rampage but he won’t take any pleasure in killing her.  Love is the death of duty. He will do his duty.

Exactly, I think that's what it's all coming back to. Duty is the death of love in the end.

57 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

The fact he said his last goodbyes to Tormund, Ghost, Sam and Gilly. That was a bit suspect.

I agree, that could be foreshadowing, but it could also simply mean that they are cleaning up the cast. Too many well-known characters in Winterfell for the Great War, so now they need some farewells. Some more people will die, but some survive and just leave.

I am fairly certain Samwell and Gilly will survive the show. So it makes sense to have a goodbye. Maybe we will see them in the last episode once again.

Tormund survived the Great War -- I like it but I thought he would die. His arc ended, he leaves for the North and that is a really fine ending for the Tormund arc. We should appreciate it.

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

I think Jon kills Dany next episode or the following.

Why should he? Can you explain your prediction?

8 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Why should he? Can you explain your prediction?

Considering she is about to become the mad queen and probably just kill everyone in King's Landing.

D&D have been pretty heavy handed about this happening, especially after last night's episode.

3 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Considering she is about to become the mad queen and probably just kill everyone in King's Landing.

Yeah, but why should Jon kill Daenerys? Does Jon feel so much for the Southern people? Enough to kill his love? I don't think so.

Just now, Kajjo said:

Yeah, but why should Jon kill Daenerys? Does Jon feel so much for the Southern people? Enough to kill his love? I don't think so.

You're right, he may not. This is more gut feeling with how much they are pitting the two against each other. I think his love is also starting to slip for her and since the show keeps reminding us how noble Jon is, once he sees innocents die he will do what's right. Or what the show deems is right.

Surprised nobody else thinks he's a goner.  I suppose the show really is different.  In the books, sending Ghost away would be pretty much a death sentence.

These theories of him moving north of the wall are interesting.  If Tormund, Ghost and Jon survive, I might lose my pool!

1 minute ago, Wingednosering said:

Surprised nobody else thinks he's a goner.  I suppose the show really is different.  In the books, sending Ghost away would be pretty much a death sentence.

These theories of him moving north of the wall is interesting.  If both Tormund and Jon survive, I might lose my pool!

Direwolves are pets in the show, barely more. I think he doesn't expect to return, whether he expects to stay and rule or thinks he'll die. He's cut ties to the north but Tormund and Arya and Sansa keep reminding him not to lose that part of him. 

3 minutes ago, Roux said:

Direwolves are pets in the show, barely more. I think he doesn't expect to return, whether he expects to stay and rule or thinks he'll die. He's cut ties to the north but Tormund and Arya and Sansa keep reminding him not to lose that part of him. 

Tyrion says that Jon would stay in the south but continue to function as Warden of the North. He told Sansa that would be good for the North. Jon is still serving the people of the North. Its not that different from when Ned went to serve as Hand. 

5 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Tyrion says that Jon would stay in the south but continue to function as Warden of the North. He told Sansa that would be good for the North. Jon is still serving the people of the North. Its not that different from when Ned went to serve as Hand. 

Ned hated being hand. It's not as blatant in the show but he bitches about it constantly in the book. He stays because he knows no one can do any better and Robert /the realm needs him. 

13 hours ago, Wingednosering said:

These theories of him moving north of the wall are interesting.  If Tormund, Ghost and Jon survive, I might lose my pool!

Just saying... Sansa got separated from her direwolf permanently and lives. Arya chased her direwolf away and lives. Robb stayed with his diorewolf and died... Then agan Bran and Rickon lived (at least as far as the books are concerned). So the relation may not be so direct.

5 hours ago, Runaway Penguin said:

Just saying... Sansa got separated from her direwolf permanently and lives. Arya chased her direwolf away and lives. Robb stayed with his diorewolf and died... Then agan Bran and Rickon lived (at least as far as the books are concerned). So the relation may not be so direct.

This. I agree.

If a person dies, their direwolf died, too. So much is true so far. But not vice versa.

Archived