Anyone else kinda rooting for Cersei?

Just now, Kajjo said:

Cersei is so unlikeable and she is not that smart anyway. Cersei is the last person I want to see to rule. She would ruin Westeros and does not care for people at all. She is ruthless and bad. 

I take the book prophecy that the ending "Cersei rules" will not happen.

I agree ... but I have no idea who is better at this point....

Maybe that's going to be the point of the show?

3 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

I t can still be Jon Snow who would be really good.

It can still be the throne gets destroyed.

IMO Jon hasn't been a good leader ever so I don't know why he would be now. People in the NW hated him so much they killed him, the north is angry at him bending the knee, I don't see how he could keep falling up to the point of being on the throne.

He also hasn't been that smart...

And I think you're right with the throne being destroyed. Probably the most likely bet.

1 minute ago, btfu806 said:

And I think you're right with the throne being destroyed. Probably the most likely bet.

It's my favorite ending since several years. The Iron throne made by dragon fire and destroyed by dragon fire.

It would be the promised finality to the Game of Thrones.

I'm not rooting for her just because I can't stand her. Not going to rant about her as a whole tho. I mean I wanted the White Walkers to "win" and since that isn't possible anymore, I really don't care at all. I hate Daenerys, I hate Cersei, I hate Euron and I don't like Sansa. If anything, then I'm rooting for Jon just because he's a honest and cool man. I'd be cool with more drama til it all ends. Couldn't care less about who sits on the Lysa Arryn of chairs at the end. Destroy it, please. 

4 minutes ago, Orleans said:

I'm not rooting for her just because I can't stand her. Not going to rant about her as a whole tho. I mean I wanted the White Walkers to "win" and since that isn't possible anymore, I really don't care at all. I hate Daenerys, I hate Cersei, I hate Euron and I don't like Sansa. If anything, then I'm rooting for Jon just because he's a honest and cool man. I'd be cool with more drama til it all ends. Couldn't care less about who sits on the stupid iron chair at the end. Destroy it, please. 

I'm still hoping a wormhole opens and this happens, a new ruling house is needed! :P.

Cersei is the worst. She hasn't earned any of what she's "accomplished" and if this was in any way realistic, she would have been overthrown and beheaded long before now. Jon is an incompetent wuss. Honestly, let Tormund rule the 7 kingdoms from north of the wall. But of realistic people, Dany is who I would root for now since they are trying to make her mad in 2 episodes destroying her character.

Cersei is utterly unlikable and is only currently alive because of some thick plot armor. She should've been dethroned already back in S7 if the show followed any resemblance of logic (which it, as we are aware of, doesn't.)

Jon might be an idiot, and Daenerys might go insane (for real, not just being angry) and burn KL down to the foundation, but I would still root for either of them over Cersei.

I root for Qyburn, the only enjoyable character since the death of Ramsay. I do hope he will prevail upon Cersei's ennemies, then turn said Queen into a zombified puppet and rule the Seven Kingdoms through her. Then, finally, Westeros will know peace under an enlightened administration.

16 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Book Cersei? Hell no (though it'd be interesting to see her go all the way)

Cheryl/Show Cersei? Absolutely

Agreed. Two different characters. For a couple of reasons. First, we know so much more about book Cersei, even her thoughts. That’s the advantage of first person storytelling. Second, Lena Heady is awesome. She plays the villain so well, it’s hard not to like her. But, still, in a villainous way. Kind of like rooting for Darth Vader. I mean, I’m rooting for her not because she’s right or just but because she’s pretty badass.

22 hours ago, btfu806 said:

While her character hasn't been completely consistent, she seems to be the most consistent of all of them. I honestly don't know how this show wants you to root for Dany/Jon/Sansa anymore?

Maybe you can root for Arya but she has no ambitions for anything past killing it seems....

You can't really root for Cersei because of her character, but in the way the script presents her, gives her right in her tactic decisions.  Her relaxed posture during all of this "Night King" threat was the wisest of all the moves. The North opened the gate for the Night King and then in a strange way they brought the doom they were trying to avoid and had to save the North from themselves. Its so twisted you can't really avoid thinking how stupid this whole "Night King Campaign" was.  

14 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Agreed. Two different characters. For a couple of reasons. First, we know so much more about book Cersei, even her thoughts. That’s the advantage of first person storytelling. Second, Lena Heady is awesome. She plays the villain so well, it’s hard not to like her. But, still, in a villainous way. Kind of like rooting for Darth Vader. I mean, I’m rooting for her not because she’s right or just but because she’s pretty badass.

I love Lena, and agree that her portrayal is awesome. But, and it may come as a surprise to some, I wouldn't trade book Cersei over her. One slutty, idiotic, psychotic train wreck to go please.

Archived