Anyone else kinda rooting for Cersei?

If basing who should rule on who's the most competent leader, Cersei wins hands down. Daenerys, Jon, and going back further even Stannis, Ned, Robert..

Queens Hand Tyrion and others (Little finger etc): All idiots who probably shouldn't command a platoon let alone 7 kingdoms. 

But it's ok. They'll suddenly make Cersei do something stupid and lose, so we can be surprised. Yay!

1 minute ago, #teamNightking said:

If basing who should rule on who's the most competent leader, Cersei wins hands down. Daenerys, Jon, and going back further even Stannis, Ned, Robert..

Queens Hand Tyrion and others (Little finger etc): All idiots who probably shouldn't command a platoon let alone 7 kingdoms. 

But it's ok. They'll suddenly make Cersei do something stupid and lose, so we can be surprised. Yay!

Subvert expectations.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:23 PM, btfu806 said:

While her character hasn't been completely consistent, she seems to be the most consistent of all of them. I honestly don't know how this show wants you to root for Dany/Jon/Sansa anymore?

Maybe you can root for Arya but she has no ambitions for anything past killing it seems....

I just wish her hair would grow longer.

3 minutes ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

I just wish her hair would grow longer.

Agreed. Also, a really weird pet peeve. The first season or two, the characters looked authentic. Their hair wasn't done in insane braids, or always in the right spot. Look at Cersei's disheveled hair. I wish they would have kept that realism..

The show has made Cersei (or should I say Lena Heady) into this smart strategic person who’s always one step ahead of her adversaries. But in the books, Cersei is an absolute moron, who only thinks she’s smart. Her schemes are awful and really dumb, and she ends up digging her own grave. In fact, we have several characters in the books like Tyrion and LF who remark on Cersie’s stupidity. On the show, however, they made all the smart people in the books stupid and Cersei the idiot into this brilliant strategist. The whole LF plot last season was such a travesty. 

GRRM had great respect for his smart characters: D&D none.

Like book LF would ever have let himself be backed into a corner by 2 teen-aged girls with nothing to do but beg for his life. What the heck was he doing hanging out in Winterfell anyway?

Tyrion is brilliant in the books, but show Tyrion is dumber than a bag of hair. He's wrong about damned near everything.

8 hours ago, teej6 said:

The show has made Cersei (or should I say Lena Heady) into this smart strategic person who’s always one step ahead of her adversaries. But in the books, Cersei is an absolute moron, who only thinks she’s smart. Her schemes are awful and really dumb, and she ends up digging her own grave. In fact, we have several characters in the books like Tyrion and LF who remark on Cersie’s stupidity. 

I've had  trouble with this myself.  Lena Heady is a great actress and plays a great Cersei, but Cersei is not Tywin II.  The apparently sudden transformation of her into Tywin II in S7 came a bit out of left field, for me. 

I think GOT-Cersei is a more interesting character than ASOIAF-Cersei. Lena Heady is doing a great job in that role. That said, it would be a silly ending if she won, but it's good that at least one interesting character is alive until the end.

Dany and Jon I really don't care about (I didn't care that much for Jon in the books either, but at least there were some depth there). It would be too predictable if one of they won, even if one of them killed the other.

I wouldn't mind if Sansa got the throne, though I don't know how that should happen (sole surviving main character isn't exactly a great reason). Her telling Tyrion about Jon was totally fine, and in line with the character she has became (more like Petyr). Plant a seed to sow some chaos she can profit from. I expect great things from here in the books as well. 

Archived