Do you think Varys will...

8 minutes ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Do you guys think Varys will meet with the golden company to convince them to fight for Jon? 

I do, yes. I think Dany will go psycho and start killing everyone in KL and Jon will have to defeat her. He needs to get an army from somewhere. GC may not be breaking an oath if Cersei is dead... who knows.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Execution, presumably. Tyrion and Varys will both be accused of treason by Dany.

I would actually be upset if Tyrion died. He has fought and survived so much! Sometimes with an ax, sometimes talking his way out of it. It would be a pity to see him roasted by Drogon at the very end lol

Varys is toast, probably literally in the next episode. He's going to oppose Dany and she will have him executed. Maybe Drogon will burn him of that other eunuch Grey Worm will kill him. Melisandre told Varys they would both die in Westeros. So, he's basically finished anyway. This episode he said: 'whatever the personal cost' so he's already assuming he'll pay the ultimate price.

10 hours ago, Coffeewiththegods said:

Do you guys think Varys will meet with the golden company to convince them to fight for Jon? 

They don't break contracts but if the person who hired them dies and the contract is over, they will be open to a new one. 

I wonder if Vary's will play at the foundations of The Golden Company and how it was founded by Ser Aegor Rivers - the bastard son of King Aegon IV Targaryen who was legitimised. Using that to gather support for the true heir to the Iron Throne, Aegon Targaryen. Maybe the Targaryen links will make it more plausible, if The Golden Company even cares about that. 

2 hours ago, WightsNatch said:

Varys is toast, probably literally in the next episode. He's going to oppose Dany and she will have him executed. Maybe Drogon will burn him of that other eunuch Grey Worm will kill him. Melisandre told Varys they would both die in Westeros. So, he's basically finished anyway. This episode he said: 'whatever the personal cost' so he's already assuming he'll pay the ultimate price.

The revelation Varys will die in Westeros isn't particularly meaningful since he lives there and doesn't seem to have any desire to return to Essos. 

But yes, Varys is a dead man walking. Tyrion will likely foil his scheme and Dany will burn him.

27 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Varys doing this would tie in very loosely with the fAegon plot in the books. I'd say he dies for sure next episode, I think Tyrion may turn on him to save Dany.

Agree. They've essentially laid up the ball for Tyrion coming trough for Daenerys when she needs it the most. 

4 minutes ago, Daemon of the Blacks said:

The revelation Varys will die in Westeros isn't particularly meaningful since he lives there and doesn't seem to have any desire to return to Essos. 

But yes, Varys is a dead man walking. Tyrion will likely foil his scheme and Dany will burn him.

29 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Varys doing this would tie in very loosely with the fAegon plot in the books. I'd say he dies for sure next episode, I think Tyrion may turn on him to save Dany.

And then Dany will ask Tyrion how he and Varys knew about Jon, will blame Jon for not shutting his mouth, and will turn against him. She'll  come to see him as an actual threat to her claim, and likely would want to have him killed. Maybe she loves him, but they are showing us that not as much as she loves the throne. 

Archived