Sign in to follow this  
justanotherposter

Starkbucks Cup?

Anyone see the picture of the coffee cup in the background? Actual error or just weird angle of a prop that fits in? If it's an actual error they're getting really lazy now days with more than just writing 

It took them 2 years to make this season's episodes, and they still did a sloppy job.  I thought it was just the idiotic writing, and the stupid battle, but apparently they couldn't even remove a coffee cup from the table.  Fine, the director missed it, did they miss it in post-production too?  Such amateurs.

10 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

The question is, what name was written on the cup, Daenerys or Emilia? If the latter, then obvious revealing mistake. If the former, then no problem.

It was "Kelly C.", of course

10 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

The question is, what name was written on the cup, Daenerys or Emilia? If the latter, then obvious revealing mistake. If the former, then no problem.

It happens.

It wouldn't be the first show to have an out of place prop. I believe one of the Downton Abbey promos had a water bottle sitting on the mantle.

If you look closely, with the right brightness, you can clearly see "R+L=J" on the cup.

Posted (edited)

It's all part of the twist. Starbucks made a deal with Sansa to be based in Winterfell which has very favourable tax laws. Dany would end this sweet deal, which explains why Sansa is so opposed to her rule. D and D are geniuses. Everything makes sense now. The moral of the story is that you can never beat big business- not even the Mother of Dragons. 

Edited by Amaretto

42 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

It happens.

It wouldn't be the first show to have an out of place prop. I believe one of the Downton Abbey promos had a water bottle sitting on the mantle.

I'm sure Downton Abbey didn't cost as much as season 8 of GoT did, or take 2 years to shoot.

9 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Product placement.  LOL

Maybe how they financed the episode.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, justanotherposter said:

Anyone see the picture of the coffee cup in the background? Actual error or just weird angle of a prop that fits in? If it's an actual error they're getting really lazy now days with more than just writing 

Secret Commercial I think :D No way they would forget that.

Edited by Erkan12