Not Buying it! Cersi, Hound, Bronn

Cersi easily could've put arrows through Tyrion, Dany, and Grey Worm and had it fit her character arc. What, she can kill Missandei but not the leader of the rival army?  I'm not buying it.

The hound! F*ck The King is left for dead, "reborn" with the bwb, lives to see the dawn after the battle of winterfell and STILL has a hair across his ass for his brother? not buying it

Bronn, the whole scene, his character arc. not buying it. 

Cersei not killing Tyrion makes zero sense. Unless they truly have some pact of working together made from last season, which ... maybe... I don't know at this point.

Bronn, they ruined his character.

The Hound, he is going down for Cleganebowl, it is known. It's the only thing that the showrunners can probably do at this point to appease the majority of fans.

The very idea that Daenerys and Tyrion would go stand right in front of the castle gate within easy reach of arrows, not to mention that daunting row of ballistae, is just utter nonsense. How about a messenger? A raven? Anything other than just offering up your own body for destruction?

It was so unrealistic that I spent half the scene wondering whose dream it was supposed to be. I mean, this hogwash couldn't actually be interpreted as a real scene. Could it?

I think the show meant to have Daenarys and Grey Worm at a distance where they couldn't be hit with an arrow too easily. Sure, Cersei has no problem doing evil things but taking hopeful shots at what is essentially a diplomatic expedition is bad taste for any leader to do. If you hit Daenarys you win, but if not you might end up looking foolish.

Edit: As for Tyrion, I think the show did make a mistake. For some reason they have swept Tyrion's treason and patricide under the rug. He was a wanted man across all of Westeros, now Cersei hardly even seems to be angry at him.

24 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

The very idea that Daenerys and Tyrion would go stand right in front of the castle gate within easy reach of arrows, not to mention that daunting row of ballistae, is just utter nonsense. How about a messenger? A raven? Anything other than just offering up your own body for destruction?

It was so unrealistic that I spent half the scene wondering whose dream it was supposed to be. I mean, this hogwash couldn't actually be interpreted as a real scene. Could it?

That was absolutely ridiculous. There is a lot of ridiculousness written into this show.

I think many times it’s done in the interest of time and resources because they simply have to get to a certain resolution and don’t have the time, resources or budget to do everything needed to get there, as GRRM has said himself. But other times it’s just bad writing plain and simple, as in this particular scene.

Who in the hell would completely expose themselves like that!? Cersei could have wiped out Team Dani in one fell swoop - dragon included. The fact that she didn’t is another huge plot hole. It’s getting very hard to exercise suspension of disbelief.

2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Cersei not killing Tyrion makes zero sense. Unless they truly have some pact of working together made from last season, which ... maybe... I don't know at this point.

The Hound, he is going down for Cleganebowl, it is known. It's the only thing that the showrunners can probably do at this point to appease the majority of fans.

Everyone turning on her.  Everyone.  It would be a catastrophic decision on her part to kill him under a peace banner.  The whole of Westeros would turn on her immediately.

Cleganebowl is happening the books too.

1 minute ago, Ser Gareth said:

Everyone turning on her.  Everyone.  It would be a catastrophic decision on her part to kill him under a peace banner.  The whole of Westeros would turn on her immediately.

After what happened at the Sept, and then openly sleeping with her own brother, I don't think Cersei has a lot of political good will left to blow. And the idea of staking your life on Cersei's honor is a complete non-starter.

4 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Who in Westeros is on her side? Who is left? And it be worse than blowing up a bunch of innocent people in the sept?

And I will put any amount of money on Cleganebowl not happening in the books. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever get the last book, but The Hound's story arc is done in the books. You won't be seeing him.

Just now, Hodor's Dragon said:

After what happened at the Sept, and then openly sleeping with her own brother, I don't think Cersei has a lot of political good will left to blow. And the idea of staking your life on Cersei's honor is a complete non-starter.

Definitely no good will, all she has left is the fear she instills in the people.

Don't disagree but if the major "appeasement" for fans is Cleganebowl, that is a pretty shit appeasement.

Of all the things we had hoped for, predicted and suggested, this is honestly one of them that if they HAD written out, but stayed with more of the main common arcs, I would have said, "ehhh, I'll make it, it isn't THAT big of a deal."

2 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

It's not her honour they're staking it on.  It is their own.  There are simply certain things you do not do in Westeros.  One of them is kill people under a peace banner.

1 minute ago, Wik said:

Don't disagree but if the major "appeasement" for fans is Cleganebowl, that is a pretty shit appeasement.

Of all the things we had hoped for, predicted and suggested, this is honestly one of them that if they HAD written out, but stayed with more of the main common arcs, I would have said, "ehhh, I'll make it, it isn't THAT big of a deal."

Oh, I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Cleganebowl is the most important thing out there, but I feel like it's the last thing that people actually want to see, and D&D like to do fan service type things.

2 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Who in Westeros is on her side? Who is left? And it be worse than blowing up a bunch of innocent people in the sept?

And I will put any amount of money on Cleganebowl not happening in the books. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever get the last book, but The Hound's story arc is done in the books. You won't be seeing him.

It may not be in an arena, but the fight between them has been foreshadowed since the first book.  It's happening.

Just now, Ser Gareth said:

It may not be in an arena, but the fight between them has been foreshadowed since the first book.  It's happening.

(Hopefully if the books get finished) we will see...

Bronn!!! RUINED!!! Love him in the books!!! Here....meh....

33 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

So blowing up The Sept of Baelor is ok, but killing one relative when she's already killed others is not ok to the masses?

Sure...

Archived