What If There Was Someone Better?

I might be giving the writers way too much credit here but other than assuming its Jon as were meant to, what if Sansa meant someone else?

She could mean herself or Tyrion (after last weeks little chat this could be the true test of his allegiance), maybes they could get together and make a play for the throne themselves?

Is Sansa/Tyrion now in the game or more likely am I just thinking too much?

20 minutes ago, chatty83 said:

I might be giving the writers way too much credit here but other than assuming its Jon as were meant to, what if Sansa meant someone else?

That were a real twist. 

20 minutes ago, chatty83 said:

She could mean herself or Tyrion (after last weeks little chat this could be the true test of his allegiance), maybes they could get together and make a play for the throne themselves?

Could be. Not impossible.

21 minutes ago, chatty83 said:

Well, Sansa was in the game all the time. 

However, Sansa obviously told Tyrion the truth about Jon's parentage and Tyrion discussed it with Varys. As long as Jon lives, I don't think that Sansa will fight for the throne.

Sansa meant Jon, in the scene you mentioned.

22 minutes ago, chatty83 said:

I don’t think so because he discussed it with Varys a scene afterwards. 

In theory, just because shes told Tyrion about Jon doesn't mean she meant Jon was the best person for the throne. She could just be politicking to turn Jon and Dany against each other whilst amidst a battle with Cersei/Euron before sticking the knife in. If they all perish in battle then who would have the best claim? Tyrion? Jaime? Gendry?

I do think she just meant Jon btw but theres ways to twist the story if they wanted to.

She means Jon. Sansa doesn’t want the Iron Throne, but that doesn’t mean she’d object to having someone she can easily manipulate sit on it, instead. 

I think she wants the assurance of knowing she’ll be left alone in the North to do as she pleases as Lady of Winterfell/Queen in the North, and that requires both getting Jon out of the way and ensuring the King is amenable to Northern independence. 

Jon on the IT accomplishes both. 

If in fact Sansa has become Little Finger Protege', "Even Smaller Finger", she would not be pursuing her real objective directly.  

She has been actively undermining Daenarys on the sly since before she came to Winterfell.

When we first meet Sansa she desperately wanted to be Queen. 

What if she still does. 

she betrayed Jon's confidence at literally the first opportunity.

What if her take away from Little Finger was how to achieve your selfish desires without giving yourself away.  

I am not predicting that , but it would be a twist. 

Just as an aside but many predicted that when Tyrion asked Bran to tell the whole story of Bran's life, Bran would tell the truth about Jon and his bloodlines.  Now we know that Bran did not, as Tyrion tells Varys that Sansa just told him and only about 8 people know.  Bran is a funny dude and I do wish the show would provide some clarity on his character.

Just now, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

I wish Bran had said something about the krakens at Dragon Stone, or told his old friend Jaime whether or not his mad sister is really pregnant or not.   

I was struck when Bran told Tyrion to not envy him, that he spends most of his time in the past.  That line struck me.  Bran told the war council that the NK can always find him.  Isn't that in the current tense?  I actually thought Bran knew that Arya would kill the NK.  Otherwise, what is the worth of this character?

1 hour ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

I wish Bran had said something about the krakens at Dragon Stone, or told his old friend Jaime whether or not his mad sister is really pregnant or not.   

My sister HATES Bran for not using his powers to help his allies. She claims he is going to become the next Night King...

1 hour ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

If in fact Sansa has become Little Finger Protege', "Even Smaller Finger", she would not be pursuing her real objective directly. 

If that's what she is doing, she is being very clumsy about it... She is openly antagonizing Dany when she won't get anything from it. A truly cunning conspirator would feign total support to Dany while brewing her plans privately...

3 minutes ago, Ser Lepus said:

If that's what she is doing, she is being very clumsy about it... She is openly antagonizing Dany when she won't get anything from it. A truly cunning conspirator would feign total support to Dany while brewing her plans privately...

Sansa plays the frank and forthright ally who is brave enough to tell the stark unvarnished truth, but who is ultimately loyal...but then she continues whisper dissent and sow discord behind Daenys back.  I like Sansa but I think she may be a snake in the grass. 

I actually hope she and Daeny discover that they are both virtuous and that they can trust each other.

Still, I wanted to call her "Even Smaller Finger."   

The moment that “someone better” line was uttered, it cut to a scene with Jon, front and center...with Davos out of focus to the left. It’s an excellent misdirection.  

My money is on Davos, if not from the characters’ perspective, then from the writers’. It was my instant reaction to that scene. Davos has a lot in common with Jon. Davos doesn’t want to rule, was raised to his positions on merit, and is a man of the people. I’m willing to bet Davos makes out pretty good in the end. 

20 minutes ago, Dragonslack said:

Davos! lol haha, the stuff people come up with! Was it serious, seriously?

You sound like all those Southron lords that scoffed when a smuggler was raised to knighthood, then the Lord of the Rainwood, then Hand of the King. 

1 hour ago, SerLinginBerry said:

The moment that “someone better” line was uttered, it cut to a scene with Jon, front and center...with Davos out of focus to the left. It’s an excellent misdirection.  

My money is on Davos, if not from the characters’ perspective, then from the writers’. It was my instant reaction to that scene. Davos has a lot in common with Jon. Davos doesn’t want to rule, was raised to his positions on merit, and is a man of the people. I’m willing to bet Davos makes out pretty good in the end. 

I've always thought that Davos would make an excellent King of the Seven Kingdoms.  He's fair and compassionate towards lords and smallfolk alike, and knows how to approach all classes; and, as honorable as he is, he's got a strong practical streak and is intelligent and hard-working.  He seems to be liked in the North, and would be at home in the South. The only problem is that his background is decidedly common and that would be unfairly held against him; especially since he could not marry a noblewoman to make him more palatable (at least in the books, at least, he's still married).

Archived