Arya analysis and predictions

16 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

She survives King's Landing and goes traveling (What's west of Westeros).

Deep blue sea. One mad sailor went off to explore it with a fleet all of which disappeared with the rumoured exception of one ship seen many years later in the far east of Essos. She'd have to go east, back to Braavos. It's Outcome #1 for me.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:45 PM, State Trooper said:

I don't think so. She leaves on good terms, and when she tells Jaqen - "A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell, and she is going home" - he smiles at her, almost as if he's saying, your work here is done, now go and help protect your family.

She's basically saying to him:"I'm never going to become a Faceless Man". Look at his smile,

A faceless man is "no one". That's how they can take someone's identity in such a perfect way. And they become "no one" in order to follow their own "religion" (there's only one god with many faces... death). Arya reclaims her own identity instead of abandoning it. She refuses becoming one of the Faceless.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, Kajjo said:

Arya refused Gendry's proposals and without any farewells left Winterfell. She also tells the Hound she does not intend to return to Winterfell at all. 

Gendry just rushed the proposal and lost. After knowing her for so long he still didn't understand her. She has never been a lady, she never wanted to be and she won't. That was predictable and very well fits to Arya's character arc. She stay true to herself. At least that they did right in the show. Gendry should have known that sex or adventures would be possible with her but not she being Lady of Storm's End at his side. That's not her. 

Do you see any future for Arya and Gendry? Is it over entirely? All the shippers were so happy and now they are so disappointed. They should have known, though. Arya is no marriage or romance material.

Why does Arya not WANT to return to Winterfell? No "the pack survives" anymore? No anchor in life at all? Sansa and Arya still seem to work together. So what does Arya plan for her future? Why never again Winterfell? Does she expect to die or does she have plans for her future? West if Westeros?

They better pull off some AMAZING story arc here because her character, along with Bran, is absolutely worthless to the world of Westeros as they face an upcoming period of peace.....it's been so disappointing. She just rides off into the sunset after she made it such a point to return to her family. WTF is this shit? SMH

2 hours ago, Wik said:

They better pull off some AMAZING story arc here because her character, along with Bran, is absolutely worthless to the world of Westeros as they face an upcoming period of peace.....it's been so disappointing. She just rides off into the sunset after she made it such a point to return to her family. WTF is this shit? SMH

Well firstly, she's still on her way to KL, so her story hasn't finished. Secondly, she only single-handedly saved the whole bloody world - I wouldn't call that legacy 'worthless'.

3 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

she's still on her way to KL, so her story hasn't finished

Exactly, and we all wait for the next two episodes. She will continue to be important.

3 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Secondly, she only single-handedly saved the whole bloody world - I wouldn't call that legacy 'worthless'.

This. Arya has been pivotal to the whole storyline and her arc from tomboy to trained assassin able to kill the Nightking is solid and believable.

I find the writing a tiny bit weird. In the last episodes Arya was all about 'We are family.' (Don't forget that. To Jon) And it seemed she was determined to support her family in power politics. Now she's leaving on her own trying to complete her list, when actually her list could be well combined with her family's plans. Why should Jon and Dany and everyone else think of battle plans, risk their and many other lives, when they have a tool (Arya), that could just take out their enemy (Cersei), and end it all, without wasting thousands of lives? That doesn't make sense to me.

29 minutes ago, valirpaz said:

I find the writing a tiny bit weird. In the last episodes Arya was all about 'We are family.' (Don't forget that. To Jon) And it seemed she was determined to support her family in power politics. Now she's leaving on her own trying to complete her list, when actually her list could be well combined with her family's plans. Why should Jon and Dany and everyone else think of battle plans, risk their and many other lives, when they have a tool (Arya), that could just take out their enemy (Cersei), and end it all, without wasting thousands of lives? That doesn't make sense to me.

I'd say there's every likelihood the conversation in the godswood continued off camera. I suspect what she has in mind in KL has been run by Sansa and possibly Bran.

4 hours ago, valirpaz said:

I agree that Arya now is Sansa´s most valuable tool for gain of power.

So what if Arya´s intention now is not killing Cersei - - - but to kill Dany?

10 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Well firstly, she's still on her way to KL, so her story hasn't finished. Secondly, she only single-handedly saved the whole bloody world - I wouldn't call that legacy 'worthless'.

It's worthless in the sense that PLAINLY she isn't the one in the books to do it, it was a made up thing for the show and they admitted that, basically. 

I just have a feeling that she goes to KL and kills Cersei. She never goes back to WF, so now she has killed the NK and Cersei......and then what? She is a roaming assassin to what end? What is her purpose after? It's as if once she finishes these people off, the world is over for her. Where people like Jon, Sansa, Gendry etc you can at least piece together an idea of what they will do or experience at story's conclusion.

13 hours ago, Old Rusty Coin said:

Arya owes many lives to the Many Faced God.  In the final episode, a stranger will hand her an iron coin wrapped in parchment with the name of someone she doesn't know and murmur "Valar morgulis." 

It is known.

Yes! We’ve never been told what kind of debt/responsibility Arya owes to the Faceless Men, or even if they have some kind of oath or pact that binds their assassins to the order. 

The show did make sure to tell us that FM don’t ever murder without the proper rituals and sacrifices, because that’s stealing from the Many Faced God.

I’ve never believed that Jaqen was cool with her just noping out to go back to Winterfell after learning all their trade secrets. They will expect something from her at some point. 

1 hour ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Yes! We’ve never been told what kind of debt/responsibility Arya owes to the Faceless Men, or even if they have some kind of oath or pact that binds their assassins to the order. 

The show did make sure to tell us that FM don’t ever murder without the proper rituals and sacrifices, because that’s stealing from the Many Faced God.

I’ve never believed that Jaqen was cool with her just noping out to go back to Winterfell after learning all their trade secrets. They will expect something from her at some point. 

Pretty good points that just haven't been addressed. 

Do we think that Arya maybe gets blapped by a FM by story's end? 

She is heading to KL, she has some obvious things she can be going down for (I think Cersei but that is not something we need debate about in this case). So she does what she needs to do, kills whoever it is she is looking to kill and as she lets her guard down, she is trying to get out of KL or something and she encounters someone and they kill her, turns out to be a FM who reveals them selves to her as she slumps down dying....

48 minutes ago, Wik said:

Pretty good points that just haven't been addressed. 

Do we think that Arya maybe gets blapped by a FM by story's end? 

She is heading to KL, she has some obvious things she can be going down for (I think Cersei but that is not something we need debate about in this case). So she does what she needs to do, kills whoever it is she is looking to kill and as she lets her guard down, she is trying to get out of KL or something and she encounters someone and they kill her, turns out to be a FM who reveals them selves to her as she slumps down dying....

Despite Arya being so grossly overpowered in the show, I still adore her and really want her to survive the series

i also agree she’s going for Cersei, based on what we’ve been provided so far in show canon. 

I’m honestly hoping she returns to the FM. She left them to accomplish a purpose - completing her list, and ensuring the safety of her family. She went home as Arya Stark. 

Once those goals are completed, I’d love to see her return to the house of black and white and be able to truly become no one with a satisfied soul, knowing Arya did what Arya needed to do. Now Arya can meet her destiny by becoming No One. 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, elanmorin said:

Everything is possible in this trainwreck of a show, but if by any miracle they kept true to Arya's characterization from the books she's simply too detached to become a lady of any kind or doing the things expected from a lady in westerosi society. Arya is a Faceless (although one who at least partially refuses their philosophy) and Faceless take lives, they don't bring them into the world (there's a quote in the books about this, and women being rarely well suited to become Faceless because they can give birth). A lady in Westeros is expected first and foremost to give her Lord husband a progeny to continue the family line... which is THE OPPOSITE of what Arya wants and has been made clear since the moment she was first introduced.

THIS, plus she has to be noone for her faceles mojo to work. you cant be a shadow sneaky stalker if you are a celebrity hero

On 5/6/2019 at 7:15 PM, anjulibai said:

Jaqen H'ghar let her go, so no bad terms. They aren't coming for her.

The last scene with Jaqen is open to interpretation anyway, he clearly says “A girl is finally no one” to which she responds: “A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell and I’m going home.” Don’t forget the smirk Jaqen has on his face after hearing that, maybe she just can’t come to terms with it at that point.

It’s like he knew that was going to happen but didn’t care from the start because he achieved what he set out to do and that is to equip her with a certain set of skills. Would have been nice for that plot to have been explained further. 

As a side note, I wouldn’t mind Jaqen making another appearance, who would say no to the help of a FM?    

LADY CRANE: Where will you go? 
ARYA: Essos is east and Westeros is west.
But what's west of Westeros? 
LADY CRANE: I don't know.
ARYA: Nobody does.
That's where all the maps stop.
The edge of the world, maybe.
I'd like to see that.

If Arya survives the next two and half hours, she's on a boat headed "west of Westeros".  

18 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Despite Arya being so grossly overpowered in the show,

Where? Which scenes appear overpowered to you?

Killing the Nightking was realistic. Valyrian dagger. He grabbed her and she almost lost, just his arrogance and her change-the-hand trick saved her. Not too much power there. Killing the Freys after reconnaissance with poison was believable, too. 

18 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I still adore her and really want her to survive the series

Me, too.

13 hours ago, Astrotherapist said:

If Arya survives the next two and half hours, she's on a boat headed "west of Westeros".  

Since that scene back then I though that might be her ending. And I still like it.

Archived