Arya analysis and predictions

3 minutes ago, Astrotherapist said:

If Yara shows up for the endgame (and survives it), then perhaps Arya will leave with her. 

I think Yara will show up to help stick it to Uncle Popeye, but I don't think Arya's ever met her so I don't see that happening.

If Jon goes oop north to reunite with Ghost, maybe she'll become a woodsman and rejoin Nymeria.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

I think Yara will show up to help stick it to Uncle Popeye, but I don't think Arya's ever met her so I don't see that happening.

If Jon goes oop north to reunite with Ghost, maybe she'll become a woodsman and rejoin Nymeria.

I only suggest it as a matter of convenience; if Arya really does want to sail west of Westeros, then there's the ride.  

I had originally theorized that she was pregnant with Gendry's baby and Gendry would be made lord of the Baratheon House and the two would be married.  This would have reduced the number to story arcs which still need to be resolved in the last two episodes.  But Arya is such a fun character, the writers are going to keep her around until the end.

I still think it would be lazy writing to make Arya ninja-kill Cersei.  I think that Cersei's fate will be determined by Jaime.  

Now I think it will take both the Hound and Arya to work together to defeat the Mountain. Both will suffer horrific injuries from the fight. The Hound may even die.  During her treatment, it will be discovered that Arya is pregnant.  Arya has to give up her independence and adventures to bear her child and marry Gentry.  The moral of the story arc is that a lot of women have had to give up their careers for their family.  Just throwing theories out there with only two shows to go.

On 5/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, Winter's Cold said:

Arya's story has three outcomes.

Outcome 1:

She dies in King's Landing after failing or completing her assassination of Cersei.

Outcome 2:

She survives King's Landing and goes traveling (What's west of Westeros).

Outcome 3:

She survives King's Landing and becomes the Lady of Storm's End.

I prefer Outcome 3 for Arya personally. I want her to make her own family and I think she'd do a decent job helping Gendry rule the Stormlands. Plus I'd like Ned and Robert's wish of joining their houses through marriage to come true. 

I do think Outcome 2 is more likely though considering how Arya loves to adventure. Also using her faceless man abilities, she could go anywhere and do anything she wanted.

I would need a while to recover if Outcome 1 occurred. It would be the Red Wedding all over again for me.

Exactly the same for me: predictions and reactions

I would only add another possible outcome:

Outcome 4: Gendry leaves the title and the castle behind (since he already said that nothing of that would matter to him without her) and goes after Arya helping her to finish her list, and surviving the process they head up for the travels, with no marriage involved. Just "riding with Gendry and being an outlaw, like Wenda the White Fawn in the songs".

Questions - have we ever seen Ja'quen H'gar and the Hound together in one scene? Was the Hound definitely active in KL (protecting Sansa) while Arya was in Braavos?

I'm just wondering if it's possible Syrio Forel, Ja'quen H'gar and the Hound are the same Faceless Man who has been teaching Arya all this time. I'm thinking a fellow FM will save Arya and deliver a killing blow to a key character.

I don't see Ayra killing Cersei. As "Hollywood" as this D&D writing is, I think that is just too much. 

I have a real hunch for about a year now that she will kill Dany. I just don't know the reason but I just am sure it will happen. Exploring this we see that Ayra give not one F*ck about power or who rules the land. She is motivated by one thing only - defending her family (because that was what her dad taught her). Therefore to kill Dany it would have to be defending her family. maybe it is to stop Dany killing Jon or to avenge Jon after Dany kills him. But I am not sure I see that, it seems too circular. 

So I think maybe: 

Episode 5 - Cersei escapes or dies, Dany gets the throne, Jon pledges alliegence and Dany sort of accepts this because she loves him...blah, blah

Episode 6 - Dany, now Queen, sets about solidifying the kingdom and that includes calling the North to heel, Sansa refuses, Dany pledges to burn Winterfell and kill Sansa, Ayra bumps of Dany to protect her sister. Probably Jon becomes king by default because that is how he always gets his leadership roles.

After that I agree with most people that Ayra gives up being Ayra and returns to pay her debt to the Many faced God, or just heads off to wander the world like Cain from Kung-Fu.

Im not sure why but I always felt the many face god chose Arya. Because really knight king was not letting the dead rest. It's hard steal faces if face can't be taken. also the freys and tywin broke oldest rule in murdering guests. No one is asking why Ned chose a water dancer a foreigner to teach arya. I think Gendry will give up his lordship but not his name. Just to not make her a lady

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

No one is asking why Ned chose a water dancer a foreigner to teach arya.

Well, I am. I've a hunch as I said above that Syrio= Ja'quenH'gar i.e. a Faceless Man and that he'll turn up in ep 5 or 6 and turn out to be someone we know - I just can't figure out which one yet.

7 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

My theory ages ago was that jaquen sorry for the spelling was Rhaegar. And that Robert killed a faceless man. Only Ned knew why Rhaegar decided to stay dead.

How does that work? If a Faceless Man was killed, he couldn't be Ja'quen. Are you saying real Rhaegar wasn't killed and is still around?

In saying rhaegar became this person and learned as ary a did . Why would he want people to think he is dead   its one part my theory that didn't work. It would mean rhaegar have up his face o r ary a only person to see his real face.

Archived