About Bran

ceerup

3 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

The greenseers antedate the coming of the First Men to Westeros, for they originated not in men but in those who sing the song of the earth. 

Although it is possible that the Children eventually spread the weirwoods’ gifts — skinchanging, greensight, and being a greenseer — to the First Men as a deliberate strategy to aid them in their battles against the Giants or the Others, that wouldn't mean that all those with such gifts would suddenly perish from the earth once the Others were no more.

Very true.  All very true.  I only meant the 3ER not being needed any longer, not all of the greenseers.

Although I'd question that Those Who Sing the Song of the Earth spread those gifts to the First Men.  The CotF may have helped the First Men develop gifts that they already had.

The show implies that the CotF perished with the last 3ER (I don't think that they did).  Without the CotF, could another 3ER be trained?

1 hour ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

The show implies that the CotF perished with the last 3ER (I don't think that they did).  Without the CotF, could another 3ER be trained?

No matter whether the show actually implied it or whether its viewers only inferred it, it probably isn't quite true. 

We've only ever seen a few of the children's women, ones like Leaf.  We've never seen their men, the wood dancers, nor any of their own greenseers.

Save for fewer exceptions than you can count upon one hand without fingers to spare, to this day no one from the Seven Kingdoms can approach the Isle of Faces in the God's Eye where the Order of the Green Men stand eternal vigil.

There's probably a reason for that. Maybe we'll find out why in the season finale if we get George's ending.

1 hour ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

The CotF didn't train the 3ER. The 3ER trained the new 3ER, so Bran could train a replacement at some point.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, dbunting said:

The CotF didn't train the 3ER. The 3ER trained the new 3ER, so Bran could train a replacement at some point.

In the show, that is what we see.  The books indicate that the CotF are involved.

For show-only canon, Bran could certainly well train another 3ER.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:46 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

No matter whether the show actually implied it or whether its viewers only inferred it, it probably isn't quite true. 

We've only ever seen a few of the children's women, ones like Leaf.  We've never seen their men, the wood dancers, nor any of their own greenseers.

We haven' seen them directly, no, but I thought that there were CotF greenseers in the cave with the 3ER (Bloodraven edition).

On 5/12/2019 at 8:46 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

Save for fewer exceptions than you can count upon one hand without fingers to spare, to this day no one from the Seven Kingdoms can approach the Isle of Faces in the God's Eye where the Order of the Green Men stand eternal vigil.

There's probably a reason for that. Maybe we'll find out why in the season finale if we get George's ending.

Hopefully we will.  :)   I wouldn't be surprised if there were several greenseers on the Isle of Faces.  Ancient greenseers.

Archived