Dorne??

So they said that the new prince of dorne supports Daenerys. Who is the new prince of Dorne? They said prince so its probably a man, and as far as we know there are no remaining male Martells, Lewyn, Oberyn, Trystane, and Doran are all dead.

Can't really see us ever finding out. I guess what happened was something along the lines of:

Dumb: "hey bro remember that place called Dorne?"
Dumber: "a what?"
Dumb: "you know, the land of the sexy badass killers"
Dumber: "ah you mean that place where we brought all our sexual fantasies together?"
Dumb: "so i was thinking, we haven't really seen that place much but we still have, like, 3 episodes to use so what do u say we bring them back"
Dumber: "hey bro cool idea but how we gonna do that, we don't have much screen time"
Dumb:
Dumber:
Dumb: "well we could have someone sort of casually mention that they have a new prince now"
Dumber: "wow okay that's cool yeah bro let's do that"
Dumb: "okay bro :)"
Dumber: "bro i love u bro"

I hope the new prince of Dorne never shows up. As far as I’m concerned he’s probably some bastard of Oberyn

but but kinda hoping it’s gerold Dayne :P

btw it might be their uncle Manfrey Martell

It seemed to me that in show the Martel family tree was slimmed down to Oberyn, Doran, Trystane and the Sand Snakes. That's why Ellaria was able to take over with the Sand Snakes in the first place - no one to challenge her rule. 

It's really silly, actually, when you think of it. Some Prince we've never heard of, now suddenly supports Dany? Why would he? Out of hate for the Lannisters? I can get that, but they could just as easily declare independence. It's not like Dorne succesfully resisted Targaryens and their dragons before?

And why does no one control Storm's End or Riverrun for the last years? Where's Edmure Tully?!? Cersei would have moved her supporters in there in no time. Instead of "offering" it to Bronn. And ofcourse, she should have taken Dragonstone with Euron's fleet and/or the Golden Company.

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I honestly think the rest of the realm is so mutilated at the moment that there really isn't anyone to give lordships to. So many houses have been destroyed in the war, or brought so low that they are just hanging on. 

I wanna say its been years since the War of the Five Kings. The Riverlands and the Westerlands have had enough time to recover.

16 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

I think DnD really screwed up by not having Darkstar as a character in their show, he's about the most Show-iest character in Martin's work.

I know! He would have fit right in. Sansa is the smartest person but he’s the most dangerous man in Dorne lol

8 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

I wanna say its been years since the War of the Five Kings. The Riverlands and the Westerlands have had enough time to recover.

I don't know. Both lost so many adult men, in a society that needs men for the physical labors required. The Reach and Westerlands also recently lost a bunch of soldiers. 

Plus a bunch of people probably died in the Winter from starvation. It's not like the WofFK was followed by a season good for growth. 

When Cersei called the Lords, yes some came, but it seemed like a pretty small number, considering. 

Westeros has to be a mess at this point. 

1 hour ago, Khal Lhevon said:

So they said that the new prince of dorne supports Daenerys. Who is the new prince of Dorne? They said prince so its probably a man, and as far as we know there are no remaining male Martells, Lewyn, Oberyn, Trystane, and Doran are all dead.

Ya, it was lazy writing and I chalked it up to a convenient "plot twits" with very little merit and poorly done. No name, obscure reference, no known possible heirs....it's D&D BS fluff imo.  

11 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I don't know. Both lost so many adult men, in a society that needs men for the physical labors required. The Reach and Westerlands also recently lost a bunch of soldiers. 

Plus a bunch of people probably died in the Winter from starvation. It's not like the WofFK was followed by a season good for growth. 

When Cersei called the Lords, yes some came, but it seemed like a pretty small number, considering. 

Westeros has to be a mess at this point. 

It'd be nice to have any mention of any details about this stuff in the show, but.....

Just now, dannyk65 said:

It'd be nice to have any mention of any details about this stuff in the show, but.....

Weren't they supposed to have enough stored food for under five years, while waiting for a ten years winter? And that was in the south...

Do you think they have already forgotten about that, or will we have an epilogue showing the kingdom screwed up by famine regardless of the victor?

1 minute ago, Ser Lepus said:

Weren't they supposed to have enough stored food for under five years, while waiting for a ten years winter? And that was in the south...

Do you think they have already forgotten about that, or will we have an epilogue showing the kingdom screwed up by famine regardless of the victor?

I think the show will (try to) resolve the remaining main characters' arcs and not mention much of Dorne, The Reach, Riverlands, etc at all.  

Littlefinger might have been bs-ing about how much food was stored up, especially since the main reason for the Lannister alliance with the Martells was to get the Reach's agricultural resources. 

And then, of course, Dany seems to have burnt a bunch of food bound the KL. 

I brought all of the other fiefdoms up in a different post (about Sam and Gilly I think) I think slowly they'll start dishing out who's going to take care of these places after the war but they're going to have to get it all back on their feet if they plan to survive the winter. If they honestly- but I hope they don't actually -give Bronn highgarden then he's going to need a heck of a system in place because they're probably the only ones that can pull a harvest this late. He's got the brains for it but I don't think he wants to be bothered with it. 

Archived