The Lion, the Dragon, or the Wolf(who is half dragon)?

nyser1

3 minutes ago, OttoVonBismarck said:

Because at that moment, house Bolton ruled over the North and the Boltons were the lords of Winterfell. That made house Bolton (at that moment) the greatest house in the North.  

ok so according to your theory, the Baratheons where the most powerful house in the kingdom... they where about to marry their daughter Marsella to the prince of Dorne... does her name remain Baratheon or become or does she become a Martell 

14 hours ago, Flightless bird said:

He's half Stark because Lyanna was a Stark.. Danny is a full Targ... but i suppost that makes Sansa, Bran and Arya half Tully because Catelyn was a Tully. In appearance and behaviour Jon and Arya are more Stark having the typical dark hair.. (Sansa and Robb in the books favoured their mothers appearance).  

Depends how you look at it. 

But going by the legitimate male name he's a full dragon... which is sad, if you consider the fact without a male Stark the name will die out, either Sansa has a bastard and has it named Stark or she remarries but in the game of thrones society she'd have to go by the males last name as would her children.  

I don't agree. 

That would make almost every Targaryen (including Daenerys) only partly Targaryen. The Targaryens often married with other houses. 

For example: Aegon V (grandfather of Daenerys) was the son of Maekar Targaryen and Dyanna Dayne. And Maekar Targaryen was the son of Daeron II Targaryen and Myriah Martell

Nobody would say that Aegon or Maekar are only x% Targ. 

16 minutes ago, Flightless bird said:

ok so according to your theory, the Baratheons where the most powerful house in the kingdom... they where about to marry their daughter Marsella to the prince of Dorne... does her name remain Baratheon or become or does she become a Martell 

I am not sure.

Although the Iron Throne at that moment belonged to the Baratheons, I don't know if they were considered a "higher" house per se. Maybe it would be something like a 'primus inter pares' house? 

I was looking in the Stark family three and my eye fell on Branda Stark.

According to A Wiki of Ice and fire: "Branda Stark was the eldest daughter of Rodrik Stark and Arya Flint. She was married to Harrold Rogers"

I assume that Branda Stark did not give up her Stark name since she is not called Branda Rogers? 

Another example: Lady Arrana Stark was the elder daughter of Edric Stark and Serena Stark. She was married to Osric Umber and had issue.[1]

I was looking in the Stark family three and my eye fell on Branda Stark.

According to A Wiki of Ice and fire: "Branda Stark was the eldest daughter of Rodrik Stark and Arya Flint. She was married to Harrold Rogers"

I assume that Branda Stark did not give up her Stark name since she is not called Branda Rogers? 

Another example: Lady Arrana Stark was the elder daughter of Edric Stark and Serena Stark. She was married to Osric Umber and had issue.[1]

I really hope this is the case, I'd hate to see the Stark name wiped out, but i couldn't see Sansa (in the tv show) now settling for a lower noble nor could i see her giving up her seat as the lady of winterfell or having a bastard. Dan and Dave have made her too power orientated.. with any luck in the books Rickon might survive the song of ice and fire story and continue the line   

14 minutes ago, Flightless bird said:

I really hope this is the case, I'd hate to see the Stark name wiped out, but i couldn't see Sansa (in the tv show) now settling for a lower noble nor could i see her giving up her seat as the lady of winterfell or having a bastard. Dan and Dave have made her too power orientated.. with any luck in the books Rickon might survive the song of ice and fire story and continue the line   

I don't know if any cadet branches of the Starks (save for the Karstarks) exist in the books? 

I must say it is really weird that the Starks apparently don't have relatives, while the Lannisters have so many. 

I don't know if any cadet branches of the Starks (save for the Karstarks) exist in the books? 

I must say it is really weird that the Starks apparently don't have relatives, while the Lannisters have so many. 

There are no Lannisters left other than Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion in the show, even if there is they never said anything about it.

2 minutes ago, OttoVonBismarck said:

They would be too far removed for this generation to know.. Neds brother Brandon was suppose to marry Catelyn Tully but got burnt alive with his father, by the Mad king. The younger brother Benjen joined the nights watch, so the Stark children dont have any existing cousins expect from Jon/Aegon.  

5 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

There are no Lannisters left other than Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion in the show, even if there is they never said anything about it.

Yes, I was thinking about the books actually.

The books seem to be filled with cousins?

Another example: house Frey. 

1 minute ago, OttoVonBismarck said:

Yes, I was thinking about the books actually.

The books seem to be filled with cousins?

Another example: house Frey. 

Other Stark men probably joined the Night Watch after seeing that the Lord of Winterfell has an heir, like Benjen Stark did, Ned Stark also said ''The Starks have manned the Wall for thousands of years.''  before saying goodbye to Jon. And probably other Stark women  married with other Northern houses instead of Southern houses, which can explain why the Northern houses were very loyal to House Stark (except for Boltons).

Neither at this point, but I do hope that the last dragon lights everything up before going out in a blaze of glory.

I hate everything related to Cersei, and Jamies redemption arc was just smashed to bits.
The last two season has made me hate Sansa. I'm more inclined to cheer at her death at this point.
I do like Jon...sort off, but he feels more like a robotic plotdevice than an actual character with real emotions at this point. 

I still support Daenerys, mostly out of pity at this point because of how horribly the script has treated her this season, but I know it won't end well. 

Dany would be the best ruler, assuming she does a better job of choosing her advisors going forward. 

Jon would be fine as well with good advisors, but he absolutely doesn’t want it and that makes a difference.

Cersei needs to go and go now, along with all remaining Lannisters. I’d rather see Gendry on the IT with Drogon as his hand and Ghost as his master of coin. 

11 hours ago, Flightless bird said:

They would be too far removed for this generation to know.. Neds brother Brandon was suppose to marry Catelyn Tully but got burnt alive with his father, by the Mad king. The younger brother Benjen joined the nights watch, so the Stark children dont have any existing cousins expect from Jon/Aegon.  

If Sansa doesn't marry (I can see here going the Queen Elizabeth I route), then any of the distant cousins could try to claim the Stark name and title.  The one who does takes the Stark name and the House continues on.  If Jon survives and has children, one of them could throw their hat into this ring.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:28 AM, dannyk65 said:

The wardrobe.  I hereby declare my support for the lion witch wardrobe.

Wardrobe is made of wood.  Wood comes from tree.  Bran is about to turn into a tree.  So is Bran going to be King?

On 5/7/2019 at 6:17 PM, KingMudd said:

Isn't it the Lion, the Dragon or the other Dragon? Jon's a full legitimate Targaryen.

Who = ♂♀:

• Dany  = DD
  • Jon     = DW
  • Tyrion = DL

The closing Targaryen "triumvirate" isn't quite like the opening one, but it's close enough.

In any other author's work than this one, Dany would simply marry them both, or at least marry Jon and make Tyrion their Hand.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, funpig said:

Danaerys dies.  Jon has claim to Throne, but decrees that it goes to his cousin Sansa.  Sansa Stark will end up as Queen and Tyrion as her Prince Consort. 

Alas poor Tyrion doth a poor Florian make to Sansa's Jonquil.

Archived