The Lion, the Dragon, or the Wolf(who is half dragon)?

nyser1

In the current twisted logic of this story on screen, in which each Dany, Jon and Cersie seem to be locked in competition to one up the other two in stupid, I think Cersie is actually the least stupid. Sure, Cersie missed the opportunity to take out Dany and her entourage (including her last dragon) last episode but I consider failing to act slightly less dumb than acting negatively.

Jon pointlessly stood up in front a blue flame breathing dragon. Perhaps he thought that, being dead already, he could not die again? I dunno - but that was super dumb. Also, I blame most of the Long Night's lame arse battle plan on him. You know, the trebuchets being in front of the infantry, which was in front of the castle.

Dany I blame for the pointless Dothraki sacrifice and then letting the result of her own stupid plan make her make another stupid move. It is also Dany's stupidity that got her second dragon killed. Finally, she presented herself to Cersie, in a manner that seemed like she was inviting death, after that dragon had died.

So yea, Cersie now deserves to win more than the other two. I think I still like Jon the most, but I am not sure.

D&D will probably make Arya win everything, in the end.

@ummester Your first mistake was thinking that these 3 characters still actually follow any form of logic or sense.

Everything they do now, regardless of how stupid it is, is because the script is so visibly telling them what to do. 

3 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

@ummester Your first mistake was thinking that these 3 characters still actually follow any form of logic or sense.

Everything they do now, regardless of how stupid it is, is because the script is so visibly telling them what to do. 

Yes, that's the difference between the earlier 'shocking moments' and the one's from the later seasons, the plot structure is visible now, you can see how things happen to get characters in a given position, but it doesn't feel natural or earned.  There was an entire season of set up to get Ned in the position for his execution.  Now, we have people forgetting about navys, ninja assassins jumping from the sky but everything is ungrounded in the realism of the story.

1 hour ago, TwiceBorn said:

Never a fan of Danny but to me she has best right to rule.

Cersei I respect for all her accomplishments but find even more annoying than Danny.

Jon is a damn fool and like all fools he is likable but totally unfit to rule.

What happens if this whole "right to rule" notion is what Martin is trying to show never works out?  How else to break the wheel but doing away with the right to rule altogether?

59 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

What happens if this whole "right to rule" notion is what Martin is trying to show never works out?  How else to break the wheel but doing away with the right to rule altogether?

I never thought of this “break a wheel” thing as something serious because I can hardly recall any significant communities, characters or leaders of the commoners in Martins writing. He writes the story of nobility, feudalism and monarchy.

One Varys declares himself for the realm yet he keeps serving the rich and powerful and not the people.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It’s not convincing because Dany has worked for it. 

This is a world of that has seen aristocracy, feudalism, patriarchal clan systems, and a taste of some semi centralized authoritarianism. Breaking the wheel in it does not have the same meaning as a country embracing 2019 Canadian democracy.

4 hours ago, nyser1 said:

This is a world of that has seen aristocracy, feudalism, patriarchal clan systems, and a taste of some semi centralized authoritarianism. Breaking the wheel in it does not have the same meaning as a country embracing 2019 Canadian democracy.

It has also seen Free Cities but I feel GRRM mocks liberal democracy but does not present any alternative. It’s just not the story.

17 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

It has also seen Free Cities but I feel GRRM mocks liberal democracy but does not present any alternative. It’s just not the story.

The free cities are oligarchies and Athenian style democracy, which to call democracy by our standards today would be laughable.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:22 PM, nyser1 said:

The free cities are oligarchies and Athenian style democracy, which to call democracy by our standards today would be laughable.

Or today's standards of democracy are so close to Athens that it makes you wanna cry.

Archived