Arya got nothing

Arya kills the Night King, saves the world, and gets a 3 second thank you.  I have perused forums and youtube, but I guess killing the NK is no big deal.  She could take out Cersei in 10 minutes, but lets have another poorly thought out war.  I realize the haters gonna hate, but Arya should be hailed as savior of the world rather than  ...oh thanks.

Even if she had bothered to attend the feast in the great hall, she probably would have just stared down Dany like the badass wolverine she is and crudely refused any reward granted to her. Than the camera would have panned to a smirking Sansa. It’s better this way.

12 minutes ago, Arya Rules! said:

I see that saving the world is not a big deal.  Ruined the show for me, but I am glad it is not an issue for the rest of the world. 

Yeah. Jon got named King in the North for letting his stupidity lead to attempted suicide on the battlefield. Did they even give Arya a medal? 

I suppose we're to think people would've been congratulating her if not for her social anxiety and preference for arrow practice. 

3 hours ago, Old Rusty Coin said:

Doesn't bother her a bit. She is nobody.

She is Arya Stark of Winterfell.  Maybe she will become nobody considering she does not plan to go back to Winterfell.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:49 PM, Arya Rules! said:

Arya kills the Night King, saves the world, and gets a 3 second thank you.  I have perused forums and youtube, but I guess killing the NK is no big deal.  She could take out Cersei in 10 minutes, but lets have another poorly thought out war.  I realize the haters gonna hate, but Arya should be hailed as savior of the world rather than  ...oh thanks.

Maybe she will get more admiration when she kills Cersei as well.  I'm sure Dany will be "mind blown" at that point.

This episode just showed up the disaster of having Arya kill the night king. Jon being back slapped and congratulated for riding a dragon - when clearly the elimination of the night king would of demonstrated his "threat" to Danys destiny and better revealing her sense of vunerability. But alas dumb and dumber wanted shock value.

I feel like D&D heard that people theorized Jon/Bran/Dany but nobody actually was assuming Arya would wax the NK.  

So they retconned their already retconned outline of a story and chose Arya.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:49 AM, Arya Rules! said:

but I guess killing the NK is no big deal.

Everyone knows Arya killed the Nightking and she is considered a hero now. All generations to come will know her name and deed.

and gets a 3 second thank you.

She voluntarily does not attend the festivities. She doesn't like the hero babble. She is emotionally scarred and does not enjoy drinking, feasts and hailing.

but Arya should be hailed as savior of the world

She would have been if she had wanted to.

2 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

This episode just showed up the disaster of having Arya kill the night king. Jon being back slapped and congratulated for riding a dragon - when clearly the elimination of the night king would of demonstrated his "threat" to Danys destiny and better revealing her sense of vunerability. But alas dumb and dumber wanted shock value.

agree.

10 hours ago, UnViserion said:

Even if she had bothered to attend the feast in the great hall, she probably would have just stared down Dany like the badass wolverine she is and crudely refused any reward granted to her. Than the camera would have panned to a smirking Sansa. It’s better this way.

Nailed it!

Voice of reason and wonder: "We've saved the world! Let's celebrate. This has never happened before, so we really should celebrate. For weeks now we have all been sure we were going to die, and all we care for would be lost, but here we are. It's fantastic. We must feel closer to each other than any other band of merry warriors in history."

Everyone else, staring: "We are enemies now."

Voice of reason and wonder: "What? Why?"

Everyone else: "We'll come up with reasons later, while we're all looking like our faces are carved out of stone. We'll think of something."

13 hours ago, Hoo said:

She is Arya Stark of Winterfell.  Maybe she will become nobody considering she does not plan to go back to Winterfell.

Unfortunately, the show keeps insisting that she doesn't want to be Arya Stark of Winterfell, or only wants to be Arya Stark of Winterfell when re-entering the place after 8 years' absence or pulling on family ties in the weirwood.  Otherwise, she says she's not a lady, "that's not me".  I think Arya is an emotionally scarred and very troubled young woman who doesn't know where she belongs and seems to enjoy only fighting and killing.  Maybe Arya and Sandor will both survive and set up a small-scale killers-for-hire agency in either Westeros or Essos; or start their own mercenary company. 

I doubt she'd have wanted the adulation anyway. To her it's just another thing she had to do. "Right, that's The Night King sorted, I best fuck off down to King's Landing and kill that Bitch Cersei. Might stop in and say Hello to Hot Pie on the way!" 

I don';t think Arya would want anything in the first place. She doesn't hold much esteem for pomp and ceremonies and she's also someone who is now very emotionally and socially disturbed so I can't see her going to the feasts or wanting some medal ceremony in the first place.

I think it fits in with her character. She's killed the Night King and it's like "ah, whatever, another death for the Many Faced God" or something. I don't think she necessarily cares re: the impact of death, even the Night King's. 

Just my opinion, though.

21 hours ago, Hoo said:

I know I keep ringing this bell, but I just want her to wear ONE more face. Littlefingers. 

On 5/6/2019 at 8:49 PM, Arya Rules! said:

I felt like her toast to Arya was a little more for showmanship and approval of the norther lords. I think book Dany would have done much better.

Archived