Arya got nothing

The whole point of the sequence was that Arya is not celebrating because there is still work to do.

My headmaster at school, Arthur Munday never let on what he did in the war. We only found out after he died. He was one of the code breakers at Bletchley Park. 

When you do things that appear to be of great significance to others, it is like they happened to someone else who isn't you. Arya's response is entirely in character.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, Arya Rules! said:

Arya kills the Night King, saves the world, and gets a 3 second thank you.  I have perused forums and youtube, but I guess killing the NK is no big deal.  She could take out Cersei in 10 minutes, but lets have another poorly thought out war.  I realize the haters gonna hate, but Arya should be hailed as savior of the world rather than  ...oh thanks.

Shit story telling, leads to shit rewards for characters, more news at 5.

8 hours ago, hallam said:

The whole point of the sequence was that Arya is not celebrating because there is still work to do.

Well, that is ONE point of it. Yes, I like this interpretation.

However, there is more to it: Arya is emotionally scarred, unable to really be joyful, feasting, forgetting it all for one night after a victory. She behaves like a loner, somehow on her own, quite similar to The Hound. I really would like Arya to come around, to feel more connected one again. But these scenes are well-done and in-character.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:49 AM, Arya Rules! said:

Arya kills the Night King, saves the world, and gets a 3 second thank you.  I have perused forums and youtube, but I guess killing the NK is no big deal.  She could take out Cersei in 10 minutes, but lets have another poorly thought out war.  I realize the haters gonna hate, but Arya should be hailed as savior of the world rather than  ...oh thanks.

Dear the writing is so poor this days, if you are an Arya fan you are lucky they even remembered her. 

Archived