If Dany becomes mad, it will cement the idea that all westerosi queens in their own right are unworthy.

9 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

They probably would have if not for the Starks criticizing and being so against Dany.  If Bran knows via the weirwood network a reason for bringing on this conflict then I just wish he would spit it out.  

Im still baffled what was the point of "We have to tell him" and truth playing. He wasn't AA or Tptwp. Was the only reason is because he wants his bro on the Iron throne. Really? 

1 minute ago, Quillon said:

Come to think of it Catelyn's actions were significant in starting the war she dreaded & Sansa's actions on Ned's beheading. Do with this reminder whatever you will :D

LOL......It can even go back further. Catelyn dumped Littlefinger for the Stark boys. Lyssa was jealous of Catelyn and Littlefinger used her jealousy to manipulate her. Lyssa  poisons Jon Arryn......and on and on.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

They know what to do with him, it's not complicated.  Put him at Jon's side in a few scenes, where they interact and then if he is to be sent North, make that a whole scene.  They chose to do Ghost the way they did, there is nothing clueless about it, except that apparently they fail to understand that a lot of their audience are dog lovers and would be upset by another one of their ugly meta jokes like Jon handing Ghost off in such a cavalier manner.  It's the same reason that they had Sandor say Sansa was broken in rough. And that now they keep the cock jokes coming.  It's more meta commentary on their own choices and criticism of same.  In my opinion.

The amount of times this show goes meta or gives the finger to book audiences makes me sick. It's obviously what D&D care about for some strange reason. When they were laughing about Tysha last episode, I wanted to throw my remote.

7 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

The amount of times this show goes meta or gives the finger to book audiences makes me sick. It's obviously what D&D care about for some strange reason. When they were laughing about Tysha last episode, I wanted to throw my remote.

I agree.  Benioff and Weiss are sick people for joking about rape.

10 hours ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Rhaenyra Targaryen, stupid and mad for wanting to inherit her birthright and her father legacy. 

Rhaenys, the queen that never was. Well there wer better "men".  

Cersei , she deserves everything that's coming for her. And how come Dany will be the Mad quenn if Cersei already is. 

Daenerys Targaryen. Well thanks to the gods that there was a last minute secret Targ baby that doesnt want the throne, cause she is mad, for accepting that there will be inoccents dying in common warfare.   

Isn't that incedibly sexist, that there always is a better job. Westeros will never accept a Queen after such a record. The only revered queen is Alyssane, a good consort queen and wife capable of producing children. Will this  be the note that asoaif ends? Jon is a better ruler cause he has a dick?

As far as I'm aware, there were never queens in her own right, isn't that already established? That they already had agreed in no queens? And if this is not established in the show, then there was a fair share of crazy male kings, so I don't know why having two female claimants would cause prejudice against future queens. 

And this is not a last minute secret Targ baby, he is there since the story began.

Jon is better because he is just better, in every decision he made, he had the greater good  in mind and saw the bigger picture. 

2 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I agree.  Benioff and Weiss are sick people for joking about rape.

Don't forget the implication of "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger - including getting raped" from the last episode...

I'm not following. In a show that was praised for having female characters be just as dark as the men, and when the author says he treats women just like men, how is any of this shocking? GRRM isn't writing a feminist bible. It would be hypocritical to have women receive a "happy ending" even if they did the same horrible things men did, just because they're women. Dany HAS ruled. Cersei HAS ruled. So there have been female queens in story. That glass ceiling has already been broken. I'm not sure what else you want from the story, unless its to have women get a special pass because they're women? GRRM was never writing that kind of work. 

2 minutes ago, LucyMormont said:

Jon is better because he is just better, in every decision he made, he had the greater good  in mind and saw the bigger picture.

How do you propose Jon would deal with Cersei. Leave her be? There isn't a solution where innocents don't die in warfare and capturing a city.

13 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Im still baffled what was the point of "We have to tell him" and truth playing. He wasn't AA or Tptwp. Was the only reason is because he wants his bro on the Iron throne. Really? 

I think this is a massive plot hole by the writers who don't have the time to address it anymore so they just tried to smooth it over and move on.

Bran CERTAINLY isn't playing any "game of thrones" he literally faced 2 men that tried to kill him and forgave them. He isn't suddenly power hungry for his brother to sit the IT, he, himself, doesn't even want Winterfell and by all rights it's his for the taking. 

THAT is why it's a massive plot hole and not meant as some subterfuge plan by Bran.

3 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Don't forget the implication of "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger - including getting raped" from the last episode...

"what happened to me made me the person I am now" So here we have folks rape is fine as long as you learn something.

Just now, AlaerysTargaryen said:

How do you propose Jon would deal with Cersei. Leave her be? There isn't a solution where innocents don't die in warfare and capturing a city.

Arya got the NK. Jaime. The IB. Get anyone who can get close to her to turn on her. 

WMDs encourage dangerous failures of the imagination. When you have a gun dragon, everything looks like a target dragon food. 

2 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

No, but it can be minimized. This "burn it to the ground" mentality is exactly what Jon is fighting against. 

It is LITERALLY what Aerys had planned before Jaime killed him. AND at one point Cersei was going to try it too.....of those 3, we ALL agree that 2 of them are bad people, but somehow Dany doing it is "justice" and everyone says "meh its war".....

3 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

. Dany HAS ruled. Cersei HAS ruled

The fact is 100% percent of all they queens will be remembered as tyrants and mad and the cause of discord such as Rhaenyra who once was rhe Realms delight. Im not defending this from a feminist point of view since Im not one. But from a historical equivalent Dany should go down as an Elizabethean Queen who made kingly choices but it is remembered as an age of prosperity and progress. Have her die for a greater good or else but not make her a crazy woman for making the same choices in war as every other man there is.

Just now, Wik said:

No, but it can be minimized. This "burn it to the ground" mentality is exactly what Jon is fighting against. 

It is LITERALLY what Aerys had planned before Jaime killed him. AND at one point Cersei was going to try it too.....of those 3, we ALL agree that 2 of them are bad people, but somehow Dany doing it is "justice" and everyone says "meh its war".....

This. 

GRRM was consciencous (sp) objector. He's surely not writing a theme about the ends justify the means, some innocent casualties are ok, war...meh, without making Dany into a villain. 

Episode 4 opens with those who died in a necessary war and at the end we gets deaths in an unnecessary vanity war. The contrast is intentional. 

Not sure if fighting to get rid of Cersei, Euron and Qyburn is what I'd consider "unnecessary". 
The realm aren't exactly likely to prosper under the heels of two mad despots who only care about themselves, and their pet necromancer. 

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

Not sure if fighting to get rid of Cersei, Euron and Qyburn is what I'd consider "unnecessary". 
The realm aren't exactly likely to prosper under the heels of two mad despots who only care about themselves, and their pet necromancer. 

This. Cersei already is the Mad Queen. She has undone noble families, peasants, the faith. How is it that people wouldn't want a better choice.

11 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

The fact is 100% percent of all they queens will be remembered as tyrants and mad and the cause of discord such as Rhaenyra who once was rhe Realms delight. Im not defending this from a feminist point of view since Im not one. But from a historical equivalent Dany should go down as an Elizabethean Queen who made kingly choices but it is remembered as an age of prosperity and progress. Have her die for a greater good or else but not make her a crazy woman for making the same choices in war as every other man there is.

You keep comparing Dany to Elizabeth and there is LITERALLY no comparison. 

Elizabeth was a daughter of a king who everyone knew about. Dany was spirited away to hide in a different part of the world with an older brother. 

Elizabeth Avoided some initial pitfalls and charmed her subjects and audiences and used her WIT. Dany has dragons.....

Elizabeth had a long reign, in a tumultuous  and uncertain time that was prosperous to her country....Dany has never ruled Westeros and the free cities she ruled over never prospered either. 

I feel like Dany is arcing closer to Mary I of England than Elizabeth. 

At any rate, who ever you care to compare her to, please stop with Elizabeth, it isn't even close.

Just now, MinscS2 said:

Getting rid of Cersei & Co is necessary. But there are great non-war options for getting rid of Cersei personally some are right in front of Dany, but those might not get her the throne.  It's clear this about the IT for Dany because she reminds us every few seconds in case we forget. So yes, it's an unnecessary vanity war. 

Archived