If Dany becomes mad, it will cement the idea that all westerosi queens in their own right are unworthy.

12 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Yep I'm on reddit as well and everyone losing their shit, even r/gameofthrones. r/asoaif is practically on suicide watch. Plenty people who aren't Dany fans acknowledge the fact that this is wrong and sudden and horrible ending. I actually read the leaks in the freefolk subreddit and can't belive how are going to end the arcs of the 3 most popular characters, Dany Jon and Tyrion. People will murder D&D :o. Who is going to buy their blurays and merch? A shitstorm is coming.

Ha! I haven't even checked asoiaf yet. I was on gameofthrones and freefolk, it is a mess. I will say that with those spoilers, a lot of them contradict each other and according to one redditor who has answered and leaked a lot of stuff, no one knows what is going to happen in the end. Multiple endings shot and only a few people know the true one. So I am really hoping that's the case and that maybe people are just leaking the bad endings...

26 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

They really should have had this season be a bit longer. I really believed we were going to get 6 episodes at like 90ish minutes. I thought, OK, that is enough time to wrap up things. But the first two being less than an hour and the rest around 80. I was worried after I heard that, that there would be too much rushing. So far, that seems to be the case.

I think we are already seeing viewers raging. I look on reddit/twitter and people are not happy so far. IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes scores for this past episode are really low (for Game of Thrones that is). I don't think it will get much better. Around the watercooler at work, everyone I know is a Dany fan (as I stated I am not, so I try to keep my mouth shut about it). But after last episode they are really upset with her as a character and I don't think it will get better.

So I think you're right about the majority of viewers going up in flames of rage. It's going to get ugly fast unless the ending is very abrupt and she changes paths quick. Which will be another, but different, issue ha.

Not to mention the first 2 episodes were literally people sitting in WF drinking and lamenting. About the only plot we got out of those 2 episodes was Dany and Sansa. Literally nothing else. The knighting thing for BRienne was nice but isn't important to the over arching story. It has been an absolute disaster and they can't wrap it up with any quality finish that isn't so chopped up and hacked together that it is painful and does a disservice to one character or another.

1 minute ago, Wik said:

Not to mention the first 2 episodes were literally people sitting in WF drinking and lamenting. About the only plot we got out of those 2 episodes was Dany and Sansa. Literally nothing else. The knighting thing for BRienne was nice but isn't important to the over arching story. It has been an absolute disaster and they can't wrap it up with any quality finish that isn't so chopped up and hacked together that it is painful and does a disservice to one character or another.

I can't believe how much sitting around they did....

5 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Ha! I haven't even checked asoiaf yet. I was on gameofthrones and freefolk, it is a mess. I will say that with those spoilers, a lot of them contradict each other and according to one redditor who has answered and leaked a lot of stuff, no one knows what is going to happen in the end. Multiple endings shot and only a few people know the true one. So I am really hoping that's the case and that maybe people are just leaking the bad endings...

May the Seven hear you!

18 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Yep I'm on reddit as well and everyone losing their shit, even r/gameofthrones. r/asoaif is practically on suicide watch. Plenty people who aren't Dany fans acknowledge the fact that this is wrong and sudden and horrible ending. I actually read the leaks in the freefolk subreddit and can't belive how are going to end the arcs of the 3 most popular characters, Dany Jon and Tyrion. People will murder D&D :o. Who is going to buy their blurays and merch? A shitstorm is coming.

The TV series has sucked. It's pretty obvious. ESPECIALLY this season. It's been OMG bad. Total hack BS. 

That being said, I have always maintained that Dany wouldn't survive the series and I assume that in the books we get a much more in depth sense of her and why she starts down a negative road. The show has none of that ability because of poor writing and time crunches. 

I think her arc in the books will devolve much slower and have much more reason and logic (no pun intended) as to why she goes mad. 

4 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

This, I pray by the old gods and the new that this is true.

We know they filmed multiple endings. There are so many people involved with the project that they more or less have to film several endings in order to prevent it from leaking as soon as they wrap, and filming at least 3 different endings (one tragic, one bittersweet and one happy) makes total sense. Ultimately, many will know the various different endings, but very few will know the real ending.

From a leaking PoV, it makes the most sense to leak the worst/most tragic ending, because that will cause the most reactions. 

4 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I can't believe how much sitting around they did....

I can't believe HBO paid "x" amount for episode 1 and 2.....I mean lets be real, this season REALLY is only 4 episodes. :bang:

1 minute ago, MinscS2 said:

filming at least 3 different endings (one tragic, one bittersweet and one happy) makes total sense. Ultimately, many will know the various different endings, but very few will know the real ending.

The problem is leaks appear to have come from a VFX guy. They wouldn't waste money on special effects on fake scenes :(

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

This, I pray by the old gods and the new that this is true.

We know they filmed multiple endings. There are so many people involved with the project that they more or less have to film several endings in order to prevent it from leaking as soon as they wrap, and filming at least 3 different endings (one tragic, one bittersweet and one happy) makes total sense. Ultimately, many will know the various different endings, but very few will know the real ending.

From a leaking PoV, it makes the most sense to leak the worst/most tragic ending, because that will cause the most reactions. 

Maybe, just maybe HBO will see the potential outrage and will ditch the worst possible ending ? It's my only hope.

1 minute ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I agree it is sexist and I also agree that Westeros is patriarchal. IIRC Daenerys realized this in Meereen and realize she would have to marry into a great house. This way she would have an ally.  She told this to Daario when she broke things off with him.

This is exactly I don't get why haven't they married already, Dany and Jon. He clearly still wants her, despite the incest. She loves him. She should've married in him in Winterfell, the North could be more loyal this way and Even if Jon revealed the secret ir wouldn't really matter.

8 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

The problem is leaks appear to have come from a VFX guy. They wouldn't waste money on special effects on fake scenes :(

They would, if they care about it not leaking.
Plenty of people are still involved in special effects, which means plenty of potential leaks.

And honestly, I'm still waiting to see whatever they spent those $15 million on...
Episode 1 and (especially) 2 must've been dirt cheap to film.

1 minute ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

This is exactly I don't get why haven't they married already, Dany and Jon. He clearly still wants her, despite the incest. She loves him. She should've married in him in Winterfell, the North could be more loyal this way and Even if Jon revealed the secret ir wouldn't really matter.

They probably would have if not for the Starks criticizing and being so against Dany.  If Bran knows via the weirwood network a reason for bringing on this conflict then I just wish he would spit it out.  

Plenty of people are still involved in special effects, which means plenty of potential leaks.

And honestly, I'm still waiting to see whatever they spent those $15 million on...

Most of the cost was casting. They paid loads of cash to each and every main character to stay on the show for the last season. The other big part was settings and scenarios. 

Now, I wouldn't put it past the showrunners to waste money on a fake scene with a dragon and then claim there isn't any $$ for Ghost, but it does seem fairly unlikely.  

It would be an epic troll if Dany neither dies nor goes mad but sits the IT at the end.  I might almost salute them for such Littlefingeresque manipulation of the media.

1 minute ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Most of the cost was casting. They paid loads of cash to each and every main character to stay on the show for the last season. The other big part was settings and scenarios. 

Good, cements the idea that even the special effects for various fake-endings should've been paid for. 

In all honesty, there's no point in filming multiple endings and then giving the real one away by only having the special effects made for one. Too many people involved, and to quote Varys: Now it's information. 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Now, I wouldn't put it past the showrunners to waste money on a fake scene with a dragon and then claim there isn't any $$ for Ghost, but it does seem fairly unlikely.  

Given how Ghost was handled this season, I doubt it had to do with lack of money so much as the writers seemingly having no clue what to actually do with him.

Just now, MinscS2 said:

Given how Ghost was handled this season, I doubt it had to do with lack of money so much as the writers seemingly having no clue what to actually do with him.

They know what to do with him, it's not complicated.  Put him at Jon's side in a few scenes, where they interact and then if he is to be sent North, make that a whole scene.  They chose to do Ghost the way they did, there is nothing clueless about it, except that apparently they fail to understand that a lot of their audience are dog lovers and would be upset by another one of their ugly meta jokes like Jon handing Ghost off in such a cavalier manner.  It's the same reason that they had Sandor say Sansa was broken in rough. And that now they keep the cock jokes coming.  It's more meta commentary on their own choices and criticism of same.  In my opinion.

Archived